Need help with a merchant mod

I want to create a mod that makes it so that every restockable item is guaranteed to be restocked every day, and in large quantities. For example, Cuitztli can sell Primal Wind. If she doesn't, I gotta revisit or just sit there advancing the game time until she does. And when she does, she might not have as many as I want to buy, so I need to keep doing it.

So I thought it'd be as easy as finding the right thing to override, but I can't seem to find it. I searched for Primal_Wind and found a bunch of entries in items.gamedatabundle. Most of them seemed to pertain to enchantment materials and monster loot tables, but one was about the item itself (icon, classified as ingredient etc). It wasn't very useful for my purposes, but I nabbed the ID from it. Then I searched every folder with "exported" in it for that string, but I found very little outside items.gamedatabundle - just a reference as a reagent for the witches' cauldron.

Curiously enough, items.gamedatabundle has a bunch of merchant inventory listings (search for "infini" and you'll find them), specifically stating this merchant will sell that and that. It is by no means an exhaustive list [of merchants] and those included only sell basic items like water and hardtack. So I dug out the ID for a unique vendor item - Sasha's Singing Scimitar - and scanned all the folders for that string. But, I found it nowhere outside items.gamedatabundle, where none of the listings are for assigning it to a merchant. Also, these merchant listings don't seem to contain anything to manipulate probability or quantity of appearing items. Just "yeah, I sell these".

For my last wild swing at maybe finding something useful, I scanned the folders for the ID of one of those merchants, but again that ID showed up nowhere outside items.gamedatabundle.

Any ideas? Or is the thing I'm trying to modify not exported for me to play with?

Edit: As a dirty solution, I discovered I could just add the items I want to one of these infinite supply vendors. It's not ideal, but it's something.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS
  • Like 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

I'd love this, bad ingredient rolls suck!

It seems that Vendor inventories are specified in LootListGameData in items.gamedatabundle, generally prefixed by "Store_"

Cuitztli ought to be Store_05_Herbalist and will spawn a set number of items from the following lists:

20x Loot_Small_Consumable_Drugs
30x Loot_Small_Crafting_Ingredients_Heralism
30x Loot_Small_Crafting_Ingredients_Alchemy
10x Loot_Small_Crafting_Ingredients_Arcana
20x Loot_Small_Creature_Parts

However, it seems that most of the referenced lists will only output a single randomized item.

e.g. Loot_Small_Consumable_Drugs:

OutputMode: OneRandom

1x Drug_Coral_snuff
1x Drug_Deadeye
1x Drug_Mouth_Cha
1x Drug_Ripple_Sponge
1x Drug_Svef
1x Drug_Taru_Turu_Chew
1x Drug_Whiteleaf

So Cuitztli will spawn a 20 randomly selected drugs every inventory reset.

In comparison, Loot_Small_Crafting_Ingredients_Arcana will only spawn 1-4 Palm Slats, so I guess Cuitztli would spawn 10-40 Palm Slats every reset.

You should be able to make a static list of loot, though I imagine that it could be a lot of work going through all the references like this...

5 hours ago, omgFIREBALLS said:

So I dug out the ID for a unique vendor item - Sasha's Singing Scimitar - and scanned all the folders for that string. But, I found it nowhere outside items.gamedatabundle, where none of the listings are for assigning it to a merchant.

I would guess that these unique items are placed individually by the developers, specified somewhere in the Unity files outside the scope of modding.

Edited by Noqn
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Noqn said:

Cuitztli ought to be Store_05_Herbalist and will spawn a set number of items from the following lists:

20x Loot_Small_Consumable_Drugs
30x Loot_Small_Crafting_Ingredients_Heralism
30x Loot_Small_Crafting_Ingredients_Alchemy
10x Loot_Small_Crafting_Ingredients_Arcana
20x Loot_Small_Creature_Parts

Oh wow, you just solved it. All I had to do was change the numbers for those items. I generously went with 20k, which gave me some interesting loading times for her inventory, but now she has 999 of everything. Just gonna fiddle with the numbers now 😄

• Haha 1

My Deadfire mods

And so a new mod is born! Thanks again 😃

• Like 2

My Deadfire mods