Insects no longer spawn in Creative Mode

So I cannot find any information on this. I've see a few people say that insects aren't supposed to spawn however I've seen several streamers playing in creative and they have insects.  My wife has been playing many hours of the game so far all in creative mode and she had insects spawning and then all of a sudden a couple days ago they were just gone.  The patch didn't change anything, she deleted all her saves and the reserve space on the console.  The only thing she hasn't done yet is uninstall.  I'm not sure how that would change anything but that can definitely be tried.  So I guess I'm just wondering, is no insects intentional and all the streamers you see and her prior experience with insects in creative mode the bug and the no insects she is getting now the way it should be?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

There should at least be a couple of stuff it gets boring really quick but it is fun to be able to build around with out anything bothering you and also. I feel like y’all should make a different creative mode with bugs including spiders and they attack you we just want something like Minecraft you can build all you want but there are bugs there to occupy time or kill some 

On 8/7/2020 at 9:07 PM, Z0RG said:

So I cannot find any information on this. I've see a few people say that insects aren't supposed to spawn however I've seen several streamers playing in creative and they have insects.  My wife has been playing many hours of the game so far all in creative mode and she had insects spawning and then all of a sudden a couple days ago they were just gone.  The patch didn't change anything, she deleted all her saves and the reserve space on the console.  The only thing she hasn't done yet is uninstall.  I'm not sure how that would change anything but that can definitely be tried.  So I guess I'm just wondering, is no insects intentional and all the streamers you see and her prior experience with insects in creative mode the bug and the no insects she is getting now the way it should be?

There has never been insects in creative mode.  it's just a free build mode.  Your wife must have been mistaken which game mode she was in?  Don't believe everything you see in streams and youtube, they often use mods and other cheats.

Xbox One X

55 minutes ago, McSquirl Nugget said:

There has never been insects in creative mode.  it's just a free build mode.  Your wife must have been mistaken which game mode she was in?  Don't believe everything you see in streams and youtube, they often use mods and other cheats.

You are incorrect. while it's entirely possible that it was just a bug that was allowing them to spawn, she's only ever played the game in creative with the ability to build whatever you want without gathering anything and there were bugs when she first started playing, I saw them first hand. They went away after the last big update. We only play on Xbox so there are no mods you can use. So even if it's unintentional, they need to enable them in creative.  Some people just like to build and having NOTHING alive in the work just makes the game boring.  This game is in preview and they want feedback which i'm providing. I'm asking them to put bugs into creative mode to make the world feel alive for those that like to free build.

• 2 months later...
On 10/19/2020 at 2:13 PM, cstanick said:

Hey Zorg! There shouldn't be bugs spawning in the Creative Game mode, and I'll make sure to forward your suggestion to the team for consideration. Please don't hesitate to share more feedback or report bugs or issues. 

Seconding OP, I thought there would be bugs in creative and I just started a game and was disappointed. With out the bugs the game just seems really weird and empty. I'm just looking for a 'godmode' type option where I can build and goof off not caring about the wolf spider trying to eat me. Maybe add an option to include bugs or not for creative? thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 4:13 PM, cstanick said:

Hey Zorg! There shouldn't be bugs spawning in the Creative Game mode, and I'll make sure to forward your suggestion to the team for consideration. Please don't hesitate to share more feedback or report bugs or issues. 

Third.  I'd love to have insects, but all passive and if I attack them they agro.

My kids like playing in creative and keep asking me where the ants (etc) are located.