Spiders need nerf

I liked this game but its becoming really hard to play. Every 5 seconds I see a spider. With how overpowered they are I would think that they should be a bit more rare. I'm early on in the game and get chased down by a spider everytime I respawn, then go get my stuff, sometimes get away and run into another spider 5 seconds later. They are faster than me, can one shot me, and if they kill me near my base they will stay there for the rest of the game. I really feel like they should be like laviathons in subnautica. They are not too common but are also extremely dangerous.

14 minutes ago, Toastyroasty said:

I liked this game but its becoming really hard to play. Every 5 seconds I see a spider. With how overpowered they are I would think that they should be a bit more rare. I'm early on in the game and get chased down by a spider everytime I respawn, then go get my stuff, sometimes get away and run into another spider 5 seconds later. They are faster than me, can one shot me, and if they kill me near my base they will stay there for the rest of the game. I really feel like they should be like laviathons in subnautica. They are not too common but are also extremely dangerous.

It gets easier when you craft and wear armor.  Start with acorn armor maybe. Then make lady bug armor.  Weavers won't deal much damage but wolf's will still kill you quickly.

When you get a spider bow or mint hammer,  spiders are easier to deal with.