Politics - wait for it... wait for it... 2020 isn't over yet

Gorth

6 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

There is nothing I will miss about Trump. Oh, an my fellow Americans, once this is over, no more celebrity President's please. You've been flirting with it over the years. Now you've gotten it out of your system. 

Nah, they can do worse, Americans have to go all in on a bad idea before they realize it's not working 😛

Two people dead in Kenosha - https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2020/08/26/kenosha-shooting-shots-fired-during-protest-injuries-reported/3441271001/

White guy though, so...must be Antifa. 😛

Edited by Malcador
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

51 minutes ago, Sarex said:

As opposed to whom?

As opposed to the majority of countries where governments are elected through Democratic elections and are accountable to people through transparent legal systems and Constitutions

None of these things exist in China  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So...

Cops shoot an uanrmed black man in the back multiple times, and no charges yet.

Some 17 year old kills a bunch of whities in SELF DEFENSE when they clearly had weapons, outnumbered him, and tried to murder him, is charged with FIRST DEGREE MURDER in less than 24

hours. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Guess he got what he was looking for, drove 20 miles to save Kenosha.  Does go to show one concern with the whole "good guy with a gun" theory, if the first one was self defense, odds are people nearby don't know that and assume he's a mass shooter and things spiral out of control.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A lot of the people in the protests (on either side) are often from out of town and usually they are the most aggressive, violent, and destructive. Not surprising since it isn't their cities being destroyed so they don't give a crap.

Not to mention how they disrespect and ignore the parents of the victim who stated clearly they did not want any of this psychopathtic nonsense.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

10 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

What kind of morons charge a guy with a rifle when they're unarmed? 

Some tried that with Brevik, I guess the thought is to at least try if you think the shooter is going to mow down people.

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Some tried that with Brevik, I guess the thought is to at least try if you think the shooter is going to mow down people.

Brenton Tarrant got stopped literally by a guy throwing an eftpos (creditcard) machine at him; and almost certainly would have killed more people if he hadn't been tackled by a guy at the first mosque who damaged his gear.

I eagerly await Gromnir's considered wait and see non conclusion jumping input that that could not have happened. And how Tarrant should have gone for a revolver because they're faster loading and firing than a semi automatic AK, or AR15 variant and both legal and easy to obtain in New Zealand.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Haha 1

So it looks like Kyle Rittenhouse was given bottled water by police who told them (Kyle and the militia he was with) that they really appreciated them while telling other people variations of vacate the premises. I assume this happened before the first shooting, but it's telling how police are willing to support groups there to do violence (nb4 shooting people is aktually peaceful and BLM/Antifa murders 42069 an hour) if it's in support of the state. We just saw this in Portland, where several of the local Proudboys/Patriot Prayer with outstanding warrants were given safe passage by police while journalists were attacked, but this is the first time (recently) that you see them aiding militias in killing people. Hopefully it doesn't happen again, but I'm not optimistic and think people should prepare for some larping dip**** to spray bullets at crowds.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I am more than prepared.  Thanks to my far right former governor it's now legal to conceal and carry in my state even w/o a permit.

When these idiots make these laws they're assuming that leftists hate guns and only good ol' white boys loyal to the 'R' party will buy them.

Little do they know that these laws go both ways!

I'll repeat, arm the F up, this is not gonna de-escalate, one F'd up occurence always leads to another.

A few years ago I never would dreamed it would come to this.  Suddenly people find themselves polarized and forcing to choose sides, and no politician or political party is gonna 'Return us to Normalcy'.  So Biden fans still fantasizing over Russians meddling in our elections (A false dichotomy if there ever was!) you may as well fuhgettaboutit.

Wisconsin DOJ Reveals New Details Surrounding Jacob Blake's Shooting by Kenosha Police

and don't jump to conclusions based on this new small trickle o' info.

anthony davis, head o' the kenosha naacp, were at the wisconsin doj presser held today where it were announced (as predicted) the state police were investigating the incident. yesterday mr. davis were critical o' local law enforcement as may be seen from the link provided. at the presser today, anthony davis thanked the wisconsin doj for their efforts to include the community in the investigative process and he called for "patience" as that investigation continued. 

wait. 

ignore appeals to ignorance and advocacy o' hairbrained conspiracy theories birthed in the reddit cellar or other loci o' stoopid.

wait.

full presser

mr. anthony davis begins ~15:20

HA! Good Fun!

ps fun fact: kenosha is one o' those wisconsin counties which flipped from democrats and obama to republican and trump in 2016. 

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'll throw this out there for folks.  I know that my political views can be unpopular, but my ability to read the room politically speaking has been pretty good over the years.  Not perfect, but better than the sizeable majority of talking heads on TV.  Last cycle, I suspected that the polls were off for Hillary during the entire season.  This was true.  I suspected Hillary Clinton would win, but I was wrong.  however, my assessment about the spread was actually perfect for the national election, just off in three states. You can guess which ones.

The problem with this election is that there was a time when folks were scared to tell the truth to pollsters.  I still think the polls are skewed, but I also believe the pollsters are trying to rectify the mistakes of the previous presidential cycle.  That said, I think there's a real chance Trump can win this.  Seriously, I know folks were all but writing his obituary a while back, but the Democrats can always be trusted to **** things up by going bat**** crazy.

You figure that it really doesn’t matter who’s president. It does. Donald Trump is a sociopathic narcissist. Vote for him anyway. Biden is probably a nice enough old fellow, but don’t trust him. He’s the sheep’s clothing that hides the wolf. He’s the beard that masks an evil grin.

I have this running bet with a friend. I say to her, “let’s count off the times my liberal friends tell me, ‘no one is saying ____x____.’ Then, in a few years, when it’s a mainstream Democrat policy point, we can have a bottle of champagne.” We’ve christened quite a few ships over the past several years. Biden is not a return to normalcy. Biden is normalizing the destructive forces of chaos that mean to destroy us.

The Left’s desire to cancel anyone who doesn’t fall in line might make this unpleasant, but we better start speaking out before the freedoms that have been the bedrock of our society are swept away. I know! I know! “No one is saying that!”
  • Thanks 1

"Not for the sake of much time..."

and somehow "sleepy joe," who if one believes the trump narrative from the last couple years, has never accomplished anything o' note in 47 years o' politics, is the antichrist and harbinger o' the apocalypse?

that said, you reap what you sow. republicans is focusing on the wrong freaking battles. trump is not gonna help susan collins or other embattled republicans in the senate get reelected. if the senate turns blue, am much concerned the democrats will not be in a forgiving mood. even if trump wins but the republicans lose the senate, donald will be President for all of about two weeks in january before he gets impeached and  then soon after convicted by the new senate. 

the thing is, republicans, to a much lesser degree, were victims o' democrat excesses during the previous administration. however, is not as if when republicans gained power they took the opportunity to reflect and embrace the chance for bipartisanship. instead o' each party trying to punish each other, we need a reset. as 'tween biden and trump, who offers a better chance for a chief executive who will attempt to correct the mistakes o' the last two administrations? 

all o' which doesn't matter. we voted mccain instead of obama and kerry instead o' bush. bob dole was and is a better man than bill clinton, so he got our vote.  when it comes to the Presidency, in our mind the most important quality is character. perhaps you think we got one or two past Presidential choices wrong. fair enough. reasonable minds may differ and am admitting the choice 'tween hillary and donald were indeed a devil's bargain. even so, try and convince us trump is a better human being than bidden. dare you. given our focus on character, the 2020 Presidential election is the easiest choice ever. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

50 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

if the senate turns blue, am much concerned the democrats will not be in a forgiving mood. even if trump wins but the republicans lose the senate, donald will be President for all of about two weeks in january before he gets impeached and  then soon after convicted by the new senate. 

And of course your democratic guts are telling you that people would just roll over and accept a coup like that?

166215__front.jpg

If Trump wins, I believe the senate stays in Republican hands.  To be honest, the normal calculus eludes me this election.  Too many variables.  Too much mush in the polling.  Too many people hiding their intentions and not enough people answering.  If I *had* to make a prediction, by which I will stand by this statement and eat crow if I'm wrong, I would say that *if* Trump wins, the Republicans keep the senate and *might* retake the house.  If Trump loses and the senate stays in Republican hands, then it's a push to the next cycle.  If Trump loses and Dems sweep House and Senate, God help us all.

I sympathize with voting for character.  I truly do.  I mean that without even a hint of sarcasm.  This is the first time I have ever felt that an election was an existential fight in any meaningful way.  Obama weaponized the FBI and IRS.  In a way that would have made Nixon envious, he turned the executive apparatus against his political foes.  Trump, for all his bluster and saber rattling, has never done that.  Partly because he's a lot of talk and partly because his inner circle wouldn't go so far.  The forces behind Biden have no such patriots in their number.

All we have to do is convince a relatively small number of people like me to come out for Trump.  That's it.  I've thrown over a lifetime of speaking to people across the aisle.  Seriously, if people like me convince one person to vote who might have sat this out, we'll win. If not... :shrug:  history will right itself eventually, but hard times will follow.  Hard times not just for conservatives.  The useful idiots on the left will suffer right along with me.  Some of them will even realize the error of their ways.  The others will suffer for what they foolishly think is a righteous cause.

15 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

And of course your democratic guts are telling you that people would just roll over and accept a coup like that?

You do realize that there is more than enough evidence to impeach Trump a couple of times over, and Republican senators essentially agree? They just don't want to lose power.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

12 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

if is following Constitution to remove the President, then by definition it ain't a coup. 

duh.

and med dan apocalypse talk and bs about a weaponized fbi (though we will agree on the irs point) w/o recognizing the dozens o' extra constitutional and outright illegal actions taken by the current administration is genuine mind boggling.

HA! Good Fun!

I wonder, what would be people's reaction, if after Biden's win, in 6months he would resign or be diagnosed incapable of holding the function due to health issues, and Kamala would become a president. 

I'm sure, dems would sell it "we support the first woman president, a woman of color" and then would proceed to devastate the economy, with various social policies, and scaring off rich people and investors with overtaxation. Somebody needs to pay for that, right? 

Edited by Darkpriest

When have the dems ever devastated US economy? That's usually the Republicans' job. 

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

5 minutes ago, Pidesco said:

When have the dems ever devastated US economy? That's usually the Republicans' job. 

Who was such a genious, that uplifted the US econ on dems side? 

Clinton? 

Obama? 

I agree, that the last Bush was a poor choice (how he won the 2nd term?) but Reagan and the older Bush? What's wrong with those? 

Edited by Darkpriest

Clinton's primary claims to economic success were, policy wise, driven by the Republican Congress.  Last time the Republicans had any real measure of fiscal responsibility.  There isn't a place for a Republican like me anymore.  There are never Trumpers who have thrown over all policy considerations because of personality considerations.  Most are populist Republicans.  The rest of us have to decide where we fall and we are woefully endangered as a species.  Aw well, it was ever thus.

23 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

Who was such a genious, that uplifted the US econ on dems side? 

Clinton? 

Obama? 

I agree, that the last Bush was a poor choice (how he won the 2nd term?) but Reagan and the older Bush? What's wrong with those? 

you would have a point save for fact you are making the most obvious of mistakes. pointing to Presidents is wrong as they rare have the economic impact one suggests, and when they do, they inevitable is blamed for another President's errors and given credit for actions o' Presidents no longer in office. 

no one person were responsible for the recent great recession, but if you wanted to blame a President, the guy most at fault would be clinton and his championing o' bank deregulation. bush's biggest economic failure were not costly foreign wars but his inability to reign in out-of-control lending. bush actual tried to do so but Congress overrode one o' his vetoes and that were the end o' his efforts to save us all from clinton and Congress' idiocy. 

trump is kinda unique as he were complete irresponsible and were selling out america's future to produce short term gains... gains mostly for the wealthy. trump indulged in democrat style spending w/o any effort to reinvest in American infrastructure or even social programs. his promised 4% growth which woulda' been needed consistent to make his tax cut anything other than foolhardy, predictable never happened. the tax cut did benefit small business owners in a big way, so kudos for that, but otherwise... a predictable trainwreck. have used analogy previous, but trump's economy is like the dumbest twenty-something who maxes out credit cards but thinks is all ok 'cause he can always get a new credit card to pay the debt o' the old. 

oh, and the only reason we weren't feeling the stoopid from obama's ill advised stimulus and questionable  bank/automaker bailouts before the pandemic hit is 'cause o' the aforementioned ultrastoopid by trump. trump is hiding not only the costs o' his debt but obama's as well.

is a whole lotta Presidential blame to go around, but is typical exaggerated and is almost always off-target.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

Oh, what's goin on now might end up in a spectacular crash, and strife so bad that it may cause change to the US on an unprecedented scale. 

Both, fiscal overspending, and FEDs helicopter money transfering even more portions of the wealth, to already ultrawealthy is a recipie for disaster. 

Especially, when the most reasonable way to keep dollar safe, is to inflate the debt away. 

I'm sure that the poor and the middle class will like that... 

They will like it even more, if more simple jobs will be automated, and medium complex jobs will be offshored

(you'll thank for that all the technologies and work practices developed during the pandemic 😉

Edited by Darkpriest

1 hour ago, Pidesco said:

You do realize that there is more than enough evidence to impeach Trump a couple of times over, and Republican senators essentially agree? They just don't want to lose power.

There is evidence now to impeach a future president 2 weeks after elections?

1 hour ago, Gromnir said:

if is following Constitution to remove the President, then by definition it ain't a coup. 

Sure, sure. I doubt that people or international public opinion would see ot that way. Even Lukashenka would say that is a step to far.

1 hour ago, Darkpriest said:

I wonder, what would be people's reaction, if after Biden's win, in 6months he would resign or be diagnosed incapable of holding the function due to health issues, and Kamala would become a president. 

A big collective shrug? It's what they hint at from the start and Biden being Biden few times said it outright that Kamala will run the country.

Edited by Skarpen

166215__front.jpg