Politics - wait for it... wait for it... 2020 isn't over yet

Gorth

I have just watched  an excellent interview with Anthony Scaramucci,  I admire him since he is one of the few initial " hardcore "  Trump supporters who now admits he supported Trump in the beginning but has been very disappointed by the actual reality of the Trump presidency

He comes across as candid and sincere 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

I have just watched  an excellent interview with Anthony Scaramucci,  I admire him since he is one of the few initial " hardcore "  Trump supporters who now admits he supported Trump in the beginning but has been very disappointed by the actual reality of the Trump presidency

He comes across as candid and sincere 

It's interesting how many of ex-trump guys are people who got a huge chance from him and then made an absolute asshats of themselves and now are trying to cover their idiocy by being antitrumpers.

166215__front.jpg

46 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

It's interesting how many of ex-trump guys are people who got a huge chance from him and then made an absolute asshats of themselves and now are trying to cover their idiocy by being antitrumpers.

is a poor manager/boss who consistently fails to identify talent. keep placing b00bs into the most important federal jobs should make one wonder at the competence o' the chief executive who keeps bringing in people who cannot do the job. these ain't cases o' trump giving some dewy eyed young exec a chance in an entry-level position to see if they are able to turn potential into production. is senior cabinet positions for chrissakes. can't identify the asshats before they fail? poor leadership. bad boss.

is also noteworthy just how many "antitrumpers" there is 'mongst the few competent people who has been part o' the trump inner circle. the people who has character and resumes beyond reproach, people such as mattis, kelley, tillerson and cohn (not cohen) is critical o' the President same as the "asshats," though admitted, competence has been a less essential quality o' trump cabinet/senior admin since first two years. 

in response to oto, we don't have anything 'gainst florida man. thank goodness for florida man. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=florida+man+meme&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS699US699&oq=florida+man+meme&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l7.10830j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

as we observe with skarp_one, the asshats trump brings into the administration should make it more obvious trump is also incompetent. not sure why such a conclusion fails to germinate in the evertrumper mind. similar, florida man is the the supporters from whom trump refuses to distance self. again, trump looks worse precise 'cause o' his embracing o' florida man. we criticized bernie for not being more forceful in his rejection o' bernie bros. would be hypocritical if we didn't criticize trump for going  a step further and embracing florida man.

can't imagine our sorrow if every trump cabinet position or appointee were william barr and if his supporters were highly educated and successful. 

btw, florida man gets the vote, same as everybody else. in politics, nobody wanted a part o' florida man or his equivalent in the other 49 states and territories. national politicians, presidential candidates in particular, distanced themselves from the ignorant and unwashed. the thing is, the trump campaign realized just how pervasive is florida man-- they recognized how florida man, unlike young, diverse and educated, actually votes. is axiomatic that a national campaign is just thousands and thousands o' local campaigns, but for years we saw politicians for national office increasing ignore all those backwaters and the florida men those places produce. those young and smarty folks laughing at florida man don't freaking vote even when it matters most, so who is Gromnir actual criticizing?

nevertheless, on a personal level, we enjoy florida man attacking the +90% approval o' the usps, or telling us how great the economy were before the pandemic hit, and how the oil industry boom is owing to trump's leadership. perhaps tell us how the President finally got veteran's choice passed? 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, Skarpen said:

I think it's more interesting that we have a President who keeps giving asshats huge chances in our government.

1 hour ago, Hurlshot said:

I think it's more interesting that we have a President who keeps giving asshats huge chances in our government.

Well it was known that he is not a politician. One of the many reasons he beaten "the most qualified person for the job" like it was nothing.

I think in his second term he would be even better in choosing people and when he will drop the two terms rule and keep the offixe further on then there will be no more missteps.

@Gromnir Good, good. Keep insulting the people. Throw in a basket of deplorables while you are at it.  It will get your "young, diverse and educated" candidates a win. Just like 4 years ago.

Edited by Skarpen

166215__front.jpg

He won't drop the 'two term rule'. He doesn't have the power to do so. The US is not an old skool dictatorship as much as Trump, the Repubs, Dems, Antifa, BLM, and 99% of people want it to be.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

1 minute ago, Volourn said:

He won't drop the 'two term rule'. He doesn't have the power to do so. The US is not an old skool dictatorship as much as Trump, the Repubs, Dems, Antifa, BLM, and 99% of people want it to be.

So it's new skool? 😉

Maybe he won't drop it, but it would be helluva fun if he did. Oh well then the next Trump will be elected. Or maybe they will go with Jared first? 🤔

166215__front.jpg

1 hour ago, Skarpen said:

@Gromnir Good, good. Keep insulting the people. Throw in a basket of deplorables while you are at it.  It will get your "young, diverse and educated" candidates a win. Just like 2 years ago.

fixed

skarp_one with his consistent reading fails. lord knows we ain't suggesting "young" is a positive, particular when it comes to voting. our consistent disgust with antifa and its supporters invariably highlights how the demographics o' that group skews in favor o' youth and education. is simple a fact that trump voters, generalized, is less educated and less diverse. the thing is, they vote. individual we love dealing with florida man, regardless o' his country o' origin. one-on-one there is some satisfaction in rare needing deal with anything but florida man when addressing trump support. however, we keep stressing just how foolish it is to pretend as if such folks don't matter during national elections. point out how clear wrong-headed and obtuse is florida man as an individual is self destructive if one pretends as if florida man's vote counts less when truth is he (and is also a valid generalization to observe how trump is losing women votes regardless o' economics or education) more likely to vote.

our recent post 'bout the fail, from our pov, o' the dnc to embrace those portions o' the country and population which still feel betrayed by obama's messages o' hope should make skarp_one feel a bit sheepish as he is repeating back to Gromnir a criticism we just made.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"Among other things, the new law stipulates that people who illegally camp on state property will face a Class E felony, punishable by up to six years in prison. People found guilty of a felony in Tennessee lose the right to vote. "

At least there is second amendment to defend  people's liberties to create such nice new felonies to trip other people's right to vote for their entire lives. Thanks god for these freedom loving people, who don't let anything to prevent them to take away other people's freedoms.

1 hour ago, Elerond said:

"Among other things, the new law stipulates that people who illegally camp on state property will face a Class E felony, punishable by up to six years in prison. People found guilty of a felony in Tennessee lose the right to vote. "

At least there is second amendment to defend  people's liberties to create such nice new felonies to trip other people's right to vote for their entire lives. Thanks god for these freedom loving people, who don't let anything to prevent them to take away other people's freedoms.

That's the state between Kentucky & Alabama for you. The greenest state in the and of the not so free. A lot of folks I know are actually pleased by this. It's short sighted to cheer the government using power to crack down on people you don't like. Someday it WILL use that power on you.

You know where our biggest failure as a people lies? We have mistaken democracy for liberty. Generally you can't get the latter without the former. But the former is no guarantor of the latter. Getting to choose your oppressor is not going to end with liberty. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

On 8/22/2020 at 11:39 AM, Volourn said:

Does 'dissent crushing' include Antifa and BLm  who represent the Demcorats stabbing black men wearing red hats during 'peaceful protests' against racism?

P.S. Donald Trump is not Republican. At least not leadership... but for whatever reason they actually allow people to vote for their leader not like the Dems. L0L

P.S. No party in history has EVER been for 'small government'. That is a myth. Governments love power.

You aren't a real American Patriot if you don't hold your governments feet to the fire.  It doesn't matter if you're right or left the stronger the objections towards the government, the more Patriotic you are.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/23/kim-jong-un-in-a-coma-as-his-sister-takes-control-report/amp/

Speculation abounds that Glorious Leader has fallen into a coma and his sister is now in control. Of course, this wouldn't be the first time that rumors of a Kim Jong Un health crisis have circulated. Still, it does bring up the question can Glorious Leader's sister (Glorious Sister?) carry on the family standard? I mean, has she ever hit 18 holes in one in a round of golf?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

10 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

https://nypost.com/2020/08/23/kim-jong-un-in-a-coma-as-his-sister-takes-control-report/amp/

Speculation abounds that Glorious Leader has fallen into a coma and his sister is now in control. Of course, this wouldn't be the first time that rumors of a Kim Jong Un health crisis have circulated. Still, it does bring up the question can Glorious Leader's sister (Glorious Sister?) carry on the family standard? I mean, has she ever hit 18 holes in one in a round of golf?

I wouldn't listen to these rumors started by the U.S. intelligence agency, they are laughably predictable at this point.

7 hours ago, Elerond said:

I dont think anyone guilty of certain capital crimes should be allowed to vote, you forfeit the honor and responsibility to vote if you commit certain  deeds

In SA we allow all prisoners to vote ....mass murderers, mass rapists , gang members responsible for multiple deaths  ...you name it.  I dont agree with it but its our law and I wish it will change

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/news/elections-2019-prisoners-right-to-vote/

• Sad 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"You aren't a real American Patriot if you don't hold your governments feet to the fire.  It doesn't matter if you're right or left the stronger the objections towards the government, the more Patriotic you are. "

Good thing I'm not Amerikan. Real or imaginary. LMAO

Interesting that the topic has so little mention here. 

You guys should see how protesting is being done. Have a look at demonstrations in Belarus. People peacfully demonstrating for a regime change. No rioting, no looting, no other lunacy. Heck, they even clean up the streets after they are done. 

Compare that to Antifa and BLM lunacy in US. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

You guys should see how protesting is being done. Have a look at demonstrations in Belarus. People peacfully demonstrating for a regime change. No rioting, no looting, no other lunacy. Heck, they even clean up the streets after they are done. 

Antifa is definitely implicated in violence, looting and criminal behavior. The US authorities  need to continue to arrest and hopefully prosecute people involved in this unacceptable anarchy .....what world do we want to live in or where we want younger generations to inherit where you allow police stations to be blatantly attacked 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/08/24/portland-protests-police-precinct-set-fire/3427950001/

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

John Milton 

BLM shows its racism again, now showing up in the NBA. 

If a white player had said something like that he would be crucified, fined, and suspended for a few games MININUM. If not banned permenately. Of course, whitey just takes it because if he doesn't HE would be accused of racism. LMAO

EVIL.

P.S. Also, if we wonder why people don't stop their cars for these protests... someone did that, they got dragged out of it, and beaten to death.

P.S.S. Cops also shot an unnamed man againin the back while walking away. EVIL

And, these groups are all Gromnir's buddies. SICKENING.

Edited by Volourn
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Volourn said:

P.S. Also, if we wonder why people don't stop their cars for these protests... someone did that, they got dragged out of it, and beaten to death.

Volo this is no way to encourage people to stop there cars for the protesters....in fact if the outcome is people get beaten to death for stopping there cars then maybe people SHOULDNT stop there cars :teehee:

John Milton 

57 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Volo this is no way to encourage people to stop there cars for the protesters....in fact if the outcome is people get beaten to death for stopping there cars then maybe people SHOULDNT stop there cars :teehee:

I'm pretty sure that was the point of his post. I know I would never stop before violent mob. If no other way then I would go through them and never look back. 

166215__front.jpg

5 hours ago, Darkpriest said:

Sounds like majority of the protests in US, post-Floyd there were a lot. 

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

20 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

I'm pretty sure that was the point of his post. I know I would never stop before violent mob. If no other way then I would go through them and never look back. 

I think volo may be suggesting exactly that., the concern being I am sure you can be charged if you kill anyone ....in SA this crime is known as culpable homicide. In the USA I think its known as involuntary manslaughter?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culpable_homicide#:~:text=Culpable homicide is a categorisation of certain offences,how a particular jurisdiction has defined the offence.

John Milton 

53 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I think volo may be suggesting exactly that., the concern being I am sure you can be charged if you kill anyone ....in SA this crime is known as culpable homicide. In the USA I think its known as involuntary manslaughter?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culpable_homicide#:~:text=Culpable homicide is a categorisation of certain offences,how a particular jurisdiction has defined the offence.

Being charged beats being dead any day 😉

• Thanks 1

166215__front.jpg