Multiplayer savegame in the cloud

Dear Obsidian,

It would be nice if the multiplayer savegame could be stored in the cloud and accessible by the partymembers that created the game.

As me and my friends cannot always play together due to lack of time or other obligations, it would be nice if everybody would be able to play; e.g. somebody has a hour of time and wants to build a bit around the base. Another day maybe someone else want to play a bit. Now I am the host and nobody else from the party can access the multiplayer savegame.

Therefore please implement (if possible) the feature to be able to store all savegames in the cloud and for the entire party to be able to access it.

Thanks and best regards,

Mike

• Like 4

This is the single biggest change that will decide if me and friends play this game long term as we all have somewhat erratic work/family lives. Therefore at the moment if a friend is on for 3 hours and I join after 2. I can only play 1 hour before being kicked off as host leaves, or he has to wait 2 hours for me if I am host.

Without a change there is no point in our group devoting any serious time to this game, which at the moment the 4 of us quite enjoy, although not often as a full group given other commitments. 

I would imagine there are a number of other people in this situation as well so please send a comment to bring to forefront of devs attention.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I would like to see us be able to save a game in the cloud as well. We should be able to set a co-op name and password for the cloud save so our friends can log in and host if the original host is logged off, and if the current host logs, it should transfer session ownership to the next player in the cue.

• Like 2

This would be a great idea. An alternative would be allowing us to have private servers that are persistently running like Ark and Minecraft have. These do come with running costs but id be happy to pay for a server if it meant it was always accessible by us all without a specific person needing to be logged in to spin up the world.

• Like 1

I have also been wanting this feature added eventually, as sharing a world with other people is a hassle when it requires one specific person to always be available to access it.

The sharable cloud save was one solution we came up, another was to have Microsoft share Majong's Realm tech with Obsidian so they can employ something similar.

And if we're really just making pie in the sky wishes, offering basic tier Realm Access for Minecraft, Grounded, and any other sharable world as a part of a Game Pass Ultimate subscription would greatly enhance its value in many people's eyes.

• Like 1