i know its early access and there's a lot of known bugs, has anyone come across an issue where as soon as you get near to your base it crashes and closed the game?

it doesnt matter which direction i try and come from, i can go in a massive circle and come in from any direction and as soon as i get around 80cm from base, it crashes the game

Do you have a ton of grass boards stacked up in a pile but not on a pallet? I had that issue. I built a shed to put the grass blades in. Put a couple hundred plankes in it and when ever I would get near it I would crash. Eventually the larva came by and destroyed it. Witch helped with the crashing. But not with the frame rates.

i did have yes. i put it all in one place because it was just laying on the floor where id chopped it down. i think we need an option that chopped items, unless in a storage box, de spawn after a time. they were everywhere so i put them in a pile under my house ready for upgrading my base. id gone off investigating as 7 lavae had spawned at my base for the 6th time and now i cant go back or it crashes.

since I downloaded a 4gb update I have random crashing I have no issue going in and around my base but the game is just crashing for what seems like no reason. I could be going around collecting up plant fibers and bam dashboard. walking back towards the base not near it yet will some weed logs bam dashboard. I noticed before the update that loose materials tend to lag the game so I keep as much as I can on pallets or in chests to minimize the physics from loose objects bouncing around. before the update I had no crashes.