Bugs Found and Feedback

First I'd like to say I absolutely love this game.

My first play through no Raw Science ever spawned. I didn't realize this until I had played for 3+ days IRL. I had to restart witch was fine. . .

My second playthrough around 20 days in game my clock stopped. I was able to load a save and get it going but every time my friend on Xbox joined it stopped again. I'm not sure if that was the cause OR if it was building a sky fortress. . . The next day when I loaded up a good save everything was fine until I started building the same stairs we had been working on the day previously. So I didn't build anything on that side of my fortress and time continued normally in solo mode. 

A few hours later I realized my lady bugs were extinct and I hadn't seen one in forever. Completely gone. I found 2 lady bugs stuck in the rock in the South with some Stink bugs. My friends said in their games all the lady bugs are stuck in rocks too and went extinct. I'm super sad about this because I spent the beginning of the playthrough building instead of exploring/fighting lady bugs so I never got lady bug armor. 

Love love love love love this game. Just needs a few less of the icky bugs and more scary ones ;)
Can't wait til it's a bit more playable. Ill try to find a work around ... maybe I'll restart again.

Feedback: It would be SUPER awesome if my armor didn't take up inventory slot when I was wearing it .

Edited by Fefinator
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Fefinator said:

First I'd like to say I absolutely love this game.

My first play through no Raw Science ever spawned. I didn't realize this until I had played for 3+ days IRL. I had to restart witch was fine. . .

My second playthrough around 20 days in game my clock stopped. I was able to load a save and get it going but every time my friend on Xbox joined it stopped again. I'm not sure if that was the cause OR if it was building a sky fortress. . . The next day when I loaded up a good save everything was fine until I started building the same stairs we had been working on the day previously. So I didn't build anything on that side of my fortress and time continued normally in solo mode. 

A few hours later I realized my lady bugs were extinct and I hadn't seen one in forever. Completely gone. I found 2 lady bugs stuck in the rock in the South with some Stink bugs. My friends said in their games all the lady bugs are stuck in rocks too and went extinct. I'm super sad about this because I spent the beginning of the playthrough building instead of exploring/fighting lady bugs so I never got lady bug armor. 

Love love love love love this game. Just needs a few less of the icky bugs and more scary ones ;)
Can't wait til it's a bit more playable. Ill try to find a work around ... maybe I'll restart again.

Feedback: It would be SUPER awesome if my armor didn't take up inventory slot when I was wearing it .

I have the same problems with saving. If I play alone, I can play for an hour or so, before I get kicked out. So have to save myself a few times per hour. Because if I then use the log out save, I can't get in. So it's literally four steps forward and one step back if I get kicked out.

And I can't play on my save game or automatically saved save games with friends. If someone joins me, the game will stop and kicks me out within the ten minutes. I then can pay alone, but get kicked out of the game even more often and have to save myself every minutes to lose the less of my own game.

I tend to agree with said above. The crashes are killing the game. When playing with friends, it continues to kick you out and becomes very frustrating. Has anyone else experienced the flashing lights on the side of the screen? This has become annoying and harmful to the eyes. Objects like grass planks fall threw the floor, especially the rocks. The spawn ratios are horrible. All of the worker ants are gone, which defeats the purpose of gathering ant eggs because there aren't any without the workers. When attacking with bow and arrow, why does the arrows force the creatures to run away? It should enrage them instead. The building mechanics need A lot of work. I enjoy the concept of building wherever however, that feature you guys nailed and should be recognized for. We definitely need more options when it comes to customization. New bugs with options of armor and weapons are sorely needed. New buildings and structures are A must. Boss creatures with the potential of rare rewards for defeating them would be an awesome edition. Pets later on down the road with there own Tier stats and unique abilities would be cool to have. Example: Taming A lady bug will grant extra storage carrying weight for hauling items. To be able to tame and operate A flying creature sounds out of the question i'm sure, but think Honey I shrunk the kids when they were riding bees. lol. Grounded has A huge ceiling for potential and so far I am having fun. I am looking forward to more of the story line and ALL of the awesome potential content in the near future. Keep up the good work Obsidian, and don't follow in Bethesda foot steps. CHEERS!

Edited by LT Wulverine
Sentence needed Capitalization

Let me start with so far I'm really getting sucked into the game and have enjoyed it greatly so far even got into some multiplayer with friends and that has some tweaks to it that would make it a bit better, but over all quite enjoyable. 

So I'm here because on the xbox at lease the feedback seems lack luster with the 4 emojis style icons with a list of love it hate "it has bugs", "no really buggy" answers, along with coordinates of character location, which is fine but I wanted something where I could explain what I experienced. For example:

When collecting water with the canteen why cant there be a description of the type of liquid being acquired maybe I missed it but it seems a tad confusing when all the feed back I get is you can't mix liquids which would be fine if I knew what liquid was on the ground. It's clear when the liquid comes out of a juice box or is a droplet on a leaf but I've run into situations where I've no idea that I've filled my entire water container at my base with and it happens to be completely different than my canteen maybe some user interface like the spoiled meat where the canteen says "Juice" or "Water" would be helpful.

Second this one is more of a question maybe someone could answer, what exactly causes the rest of my walls, floor, ceiling, ETC to be destroyed (recycled) when I recycle one item. it's not everything attached either just some walls or maybe it's just what I intended to recycle. This tends to be a tad frustrating when  building and changing the layout only to have a huge whole caused in the base along with all of my baskets junk boxes and every item I made on the floor because I removed 1 wall. (Please help with this I literally watched 100 items thrown into the air when I removed a wall that removed another wall that removed a floor piece and on that floor piece sat our storage boxes.) It was super entertaining to watch unfold however we lost a lot of progress due to this. 

third fun with physics it seems that the game doesn't know how to handle loose objects stacked and when a creature or yourself runs through them well you can be launched into the stratosphere, ( hilarious to watch an ant get launch not so fun when you are and end up clipping through the world). 

Fourth, I saw that there are features being added to multiplayer could we add the option to turn off friendly fire? it becomes a bit of a mess when everyone is moving around and attacking a spider or a stink bug only to end up ending your partners life because you swung the big ant hammer stunned them and then the bug ate your comrade. Just saying I really enjoy having the option to remove friendly fire I know not everyone is that way so the option is nice. 

Fifth, could there be a way to make your markers permanent in the view. I have run into the issues (for me at least) that once you play for a while all of the sign posts that you made so you could remember where things are of importance and get back to them quickly no longer show up on the screen and you have to find them click on them and see that they are still set to what you made them and then they start showing up again. Maybe this is intentional but I feel like it might not be since it doesn't matter what amount of time passed they all just go away and you have to "rediscover" them all over again.  

six, is it just me or do the enemies that kill you spawn back into your base with you? This has happened to myself and my friends many times where we will be fighting something far away then die spawn back at base and whoa! that creature we were just fighting is right there scratching at the inside walls of our base and we all flee quickly to get back to our backpacks. seems oddly too coincidental for my liking.

Seven,  there seems to be a glitch that when you die and respawn back at your marked location occasionally you just fall through the world many times sometimes a long distance sometimes clipped into the ground then eventually the game resets you back on stable ground and you are able to move again. 

these are just a few things I felt like I wanted to mention other than that this game is addicting and quite enjoyable to play you all have really created a rich environment that's full of sounds and adventure. I love that feeling of sneaking around inside a spiders den, after you killed one outside, only to touch a spider web and then two wolf spiders barrel down on you and wipe out your whole party. Truly made me jump out of my skin hearing the legs trample down the tunnel and then you are met with the glowing red eyes of your doom. Can't wait to see what developments are to come as it comes closer to a completed "bug free" game haha

P.S. since it said spoilers **Spoilers** (Maybe?)

can't wait to see what you do inside the house we tried to get passed the the caution tape but have yet to break the game to allow us in yet. I'm sure we will figure it out.

So, I've been playing for about a week now, and I've caught up with the story and I'm focusing on building a base now. I created a weapon mount and tried to put the repair tool on it, but it stays in my inventory while also appearing on the wall mount, but it says it's equipped when there's nothing in my equipped slot. When I take it out of my inventory, it also removes it from the wall mount. Any other similar issues? Edit: It happens with all weapons/tools I've tried as of 8/6 and now the repair tool is fused with every other weapon I equip

Edited by Traxicotal

Anyone else running into the issue where the dew collectors are no longer producing dew after the update? Same thing with the sap collector. Also it seems in multiplayer there is a glitch where every time the second player joins up all of their quick slots go back to empty so every time they get booted and join up again they have to reassign all of their quick slots. It seems there is a "bug" haha where the ants can reach your second story containers and steal from them outside you walls from the ground I've watched this happen every time now I'll watch the box move and then an item will pop out and I have to try and get it back before it teleports to the ant many squares away outside the base on the ground I'll chase him down kill him and get my items back. 

question for anyone looking does it seem that the bombardiers are OP i cant seem to craft anything that will defend against their attack. I've used ladybug armor spider armor acorn armor but the acid spit will knock out down burn you then they have the quick bite that they run up and kill you quickly with every time. I'm not saying that they are impossible we've collected many parts however all of the other enemies seem to have a way to better defend against this one does not unless I've just missed it maybe someone has an answer besides you just have to jump and doge.