At the moment if you jump on a ladybug and stay on it, they will take you wherever they choose. Rideable bugs would be an amazing feature into the game. Just at first, without control over the creature would be awesome.

1 hour ago, The Grounded Badger said:

I can get on board with this. 

Perhaps a tame mechanic where if you feed bug A's favorite food to it you get to tame it? 

Ark has a tame function however I think that awake taming would be better than sleep taming. 

Totally agree with the awake taming, thats more realistic. Sleep timing in Ark doesn't make any sense to me.

5 hours ago, The Grounded Badger said:

I can get on board with this. 

Perhaps a tame mechanic where if you feed bug A's favorite food to it you get to tame it? 

Ark has a tame function however I think that awake taming would be better than sleep taming. 

YESS!! Outta my way! Me and my pet WOLF SPIDER are coming through.

Though he mainly eats people....... Who gets to be my sacrifice?

18 hours ago, Camarinox said:

Totally agree with the awake taming, thats more realistic. Sleep timing in Ark doesn't make any sense to me.

Right? 

"Hey dinosaur! I fed you while you were drugged or knocked unconscious by me. LET'S BE BESTIES!" 

Edited by The Grounded Badger
  • Haha 1

I really like this idea. I think it leads more to the idea of taming or even domesticating certain insects. Science even backs this possibility. It would make sense to see ants creating rooms in their tunnels that grow and tend to mushrooms for food. Same goes for a room built to take care of "domesticated" aphids to harvest their honeydew. Even spiders tend to keep small frogs as pets in exchange for extra egg defense. It would make perfect sense a human at scale would easily be able to have a symbiotic relationship with ants. Maybe not to the extent of domestication , more of a thin alliance based on actively handing them food instead of simply dropping it on the ground. Or maybe have a building for "tributes" that increases your standing with the colony each time they pull from it and based on what you place into it. Maybe a feeding trough for your less intelligent insects kept more as pets or livestock. Aphids could easily be kept in a chicken coup like building you have to place a grass plank in from time to time for food. Weevils would make a great stand in for a dumber version of pigs. Bees when added could easily have similar AI structure to ants maybe allowing you to ride them if given enough valuable resources. I could go on but I will wrap up here to give others a change :P

I think the only "mount" I could get onboard with would be a grasshopper. Jumping + gliding would be very useful for getting around. Maybe use a ladybug as a beast of burden. Beyond that, keep everything else- especially the Wolf Spiders- wild. I had a surreal experience escaping from one at night near the Stink Bug Puddle. It felt like I was running into a Tyrannosaurus in a primordial forest. Massive, powerful, primal, and terrifying. I don't want to lose that by thinking "Ah yes, this thing is going to be my pet," but I wouldn't mind having a more convenient means of getting from Point A to Point B.

• Like 1