Hey guys,

Really liking the game so far. Love the atmosphere and sense of scale. Very well executed.

Seeing how awesome this game could be when it's done (probably will be the coolest atmosphere of any game since Bioshock 1 for me personally) almost made me sad to play it before it's complete but honestly the multiplayer aspect is just what we needed for the pandemic so thank you. I'm sure you're working hard on fixes and I appreciate that.

Not sure of the best method to submit feedback so I'm posting here. I want to echo what others have said about the in-game feedback interface seeming a bit useless. I guess it makes feedback more accessible/likely but usually I'm making a sad emoji complaint about the game being buggy because my girlfriend's game has crashed seemingly for no reason and it feels a bit ridiculous. Not sure how useful that info would be, I would prefer a text box to provide the option of including some detail.

Here is my feedback roughly  arranged in order of how much they have affected our enjoyment of the game and by category. They are mostly bug reports with the building stuff bleeding into feature requests so I just included it all here. We're both running Windows 10 and playing through Xbox Game Pass. Host has nvidia graphics, client AMD.

Bugs:

• [Multiplayer client issue] Hotlist is often unassigned when resuming a game. Tools need to be reassigned pretty much every time. Very annoying.

• [Multiplayer client issue] Client crashed when host jumped into soda can (first time discovering it)

• [Multiplayer client issue] Client crashed when host recycled a weed storage platform.

• [Multiplayer general issue] Spiders often appear in a different location/state for the client compared to what the host is seeing.

• [General issue] The Wolf Spider is extremely scary, well done. But I had an issue where I was running from it and actually managed to hide inside the mysterious machine which felt awesome. Imagine my shock when the spider just walked right through the walls and killed me. This was probably my lowest point playing the game and made me "end my session prematurely". I've also hid in the can, then watched the spider's arms no-clipping through the side of the can trying to feel me, and I know that if I get too close it can bite me even though I should be safe inside.

• [Multiplayer general issue] Host can't select difficulty in lobby. Client gets a "working" drop-down menu but selecting different difficulty doesn't do anything.

• [Multiplayer general issue] Ants grabbing stuff through walls or spawning in the base (including soldier ants). Also bugs sticking partially through walls or being able to attack and be attacked through walls breaks immersion.

• [General issues/feature requests regarding building] I am close to loving the building in this game but I think it would be better if the game was a bit more relaxed about building stuff which clips into hills or rocks. I am often left with ugly gaps between uneven surfaces and my buildings. I spend a lot of time trying to get a wall or whatever to click into what feels like the obvious position but that is the one position it doesn't want to go into. Also blueprints flailing around/flickering between two positions with only a glimmer of the correct option is very frustrating.
  • I also wish you could build storage platforms etc a bit more flat out in the open. A lot of my stuff is at an angle because the ground is uneven. Yes you could build low platforms with tiny staircases but the resource cost of doing so is high compared to just building outdoor items on the ground.
  • Please allow us to stack more items on storage platforms. Making us carry everything is cool but please be reasonable.

• [Multiplayer general issue] Repair tool doesn't seem to work. I tried whacking my walls with it but nothing happens.

• [General issue] It seems like certain graphic settings don't get saved. Even though I have set motion blur to 0%, every time I resume our game (continuing a save) motion blur is back on. In the menu it shows my setting of 0% but I have to turn it on and off again to get the setting to work. The same thing appears to be happening with my gf's gamma setting.

• Edit: [Forum UX issue]  It's really not obvious that you need to select an item prefix to post. When I got rejected for that reason it just said "Your post will need to be approved by a moderator" and I was pretty sure it had submitted. It took me a few tries of adding tags, trying to change the title and eventually adding the prefix before my post went through. I wonder how much feedback is going unposted due to this issue.

Thank you for your time and for this really cool game.

ne

Edited by neverXXever

1 hour ago, neverXXever said:
  • Edit: [Forum UX issue]  It's really not obvious that you need to select an item prefix to post. When I got rejected for that reason it just said "Your post will need to be approved by a moderator" and I was pretty sure it had submitted. It took me a few tries of adding tags, trying to change the title and eventually adding the prefix before my post went through. I wonder how much feedback is going unposted due to this issue.

I'm not sure what you mean by prefix -- are you referring to the "bugs" tag you added? I don't think those are mandatory.

Regardless, new users without a certain number of posts have to wait until the content they post is read and approved by a moderator. It helps us keep the spam to a minimum.

If you haven't seen the issues you have described here already reported elsewhere in the Tech Support forum or the Known Issues thread, feel free to write to support@obsidian.net, as well.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.