High Ping in Multiplayer!

Hello everyone,

I am facing an issue with the multiplayer in Grounded game.

Actually, it is showing High Ping icon on the right top side and the game is lagging in moving/fighting/damaging.

Well, everyone will say it is the internet connection. But, I have 100 Mbps fiber internet connection and I am already playing other games with 20-60 ms ping depending on the game.

Also, this issue is not just for me. All my friends are facing the same issue.

We are 4 friends and we tried to change the host and the same issue is happening.

Is anyone facing the same issue?

• Like 1

I'm running into the same issue. Only difference is its the same network for me and my friend. The person joining can't stay connected for more than 3ish minutes before disconnecting. Rubberbanding the whole time. Tried both pc and Xbox

16 hours ago, Codemagus said:

I'm running into the same issue. Only difference is its the same network for me and my friend. The person joining can't stay connected for more than 3ish minutes before disconnecting. Rubberbanding the whole time. Tried both pc and Xbox

Wife and I are having the exact same issue. I hope they release bugs fixes before the 28th the confirmed patch day. We cant play at all and we dont want to play single player because we want to experience it all together. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
So I'm just putting this here in case it helps anyone searching for a resolution to this issue. I had this issue with both computers being on the same network with decent connection (200Mbps).
We always had the issue of the game telling us the non-host player had "high ping" and the game was almost unplayable. I tried everything to resolve it and nothing seemed to fix the issue.
I looked into how Grounded did it's networking and found it was peer-to-peer. After searching that specifically, I then found this registry file that a post on a thread, was promising to fix latency issues for an MMO and at this point I was trying anything.

It seems it worked for me and now we always have perfect connection.
I can't find the original post I found it on but here is the file, re-shared. I hope this helps someone as this game is great fun, but not when you can't block, or deploy your dandelion because of high ping