Not able to change difficulty in game

there is no way to change the difficulty I did it on the hardest level and now I'm 20 hours in and can't kill anything higher rank in the food chain to advance but I dont want to make a new game because I'm 20 hours in. PLEASE ADD A CHANGE DIFFICULTY OPTION

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

There should be an official option but you can just start a multiplayer game and load up the save you want. 

By opening your single player game in multiplayer. it allows you to change the difficulty. You are also able to change from creative mode to survival by doing this.

I have change my saves from mild to medium and taken my creative saves into survival using this method.

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

After saving the game in multiplayer, just head back to single player and load it up. I haven’t done it for a while so it may not be totally accurate. But it just requires playing around with save files for a few minutes

On 9/4/2020 at 4:50 AM, Daedro said:

After saving the game in multiplayer, just head back to single player and load it up. I haven’t done it for a while so it may not be totally accurate. But it just requires playing around with save files for a few minutes

I've tried this on Xbox, it lets me hit A) on the difficulty bar but won't let me select a different difficulty. I've tried it on different Xboxs and game saves. Nothing seems to let me select a different difficulty. 

On 9/4/2020 at 11:47 AM, Daedro said:

There should be an official option but you can just start a multiplayer game and load up the save you want. 

By opening your single player game in multiplayer. it allows you to change the difficulty. You are also able to change from creative mode to survival by doing this.

I have change my saves from mild to medium and taken my creative saves into survival using this method.

Does not work for me: When I load any game in multiplayer, I still can't adjust the setting. Xbox Gamepass version.

• 4 months later...
On 9/4/2020 at 4:47 AM, Daedro said:

Can you do it so it changes a creative one made in multiplayer to survival? Or does it only work from single player to multiplayer? Or will it let me take the creative multiplayer to single player and switch it then go back to multiplayer and do it? Sorry that’s a lot. Just trying to figure out how to switch me and my bfs creative to survival

• 2 weeks later...

I agree-you should be allowed to change difficulty.  It seems natural that you would start at a lower difficulty and turn it up after developing skills and knowledge of the game.  It seems nonsensical that you would have to completely restart and lose any hard-earned building progress only because you want more of a challenge.  And to the argument that this would pose an “exploit,” who cares?? This isn’t a competitive game, it’s purely interactive: jump in, farm resources, build things, and enjoy the story missions and BurgL quests.  That’s where the longevity lies...I’ve personally invested about 50 hours into building a small network of bases in medium difficulty without knowing that you couldn’t change difficulty (thanks, game) .  Disgruntled, probably time to pick up rocket league again.

• 9 months later...

Please Make It So You Can Change Difficulty Mid Game. Or At Least One Time. I Play On Woah And Have Gotten Really Far, But I'm Tired Of Enemies Being So Difficult To Kill When Playing By Myself. Please. Make This An Option.