Just to add some more steam to this issue...

I got stuck at some point but didn't notice until I tried to cook food and noticed it never completed. So I thought they just patched it to make it longer to add more realism? So I slept for a night and sure enough my tasty aphids were done. Went on my way and noticed I haven't been seeing wolf spiders, went to cook and nothing finished again. Just hit me time must not be progressing. So I looked at sure I got stuck at 6AM when I woke up. You can't sleep again because it doesn't let you until night..so thats not a fix. 

~ Before that something odd happened. I went back to the starting hole you spawn in. The screen went black and had the skip option on the bottom like a cutscene. My character said her same lines as you did when you first leave the tunnel. I would venture to say THAT is when my time stopped. 

Since then I haven't been able to progress, this is before even finding the explosion at the tree. But I have explored every possible place on the map, even beyond..at the Hedge I managed to hop the wall and get over before I was meant to, discovering some kinda lab and tons of spiders. Also found the berry tree and "larva corner". Even managed to get on the bird bath!  All of this was after I realized time stopped so breaking boundary was not the cause. 

My clock also stopped further in the game, can't pinpoint when. I was able to load another day's save, so redid everything just to realize I can't collect gnat parts, so can't craft the gear that uses it.  Doing all this a 3rd time is not on my agenda as now I worry what game ending glitch will be next.

UPDATE

~ I tried the unreal engine DLL editor you see floating around the forums. It works for movement but regardless of what time is set the in game time still remains frozen.  However I think it may have something to do with changing teens when you die. I made a new game with Pete everything running fine, died to stupid ant spawn IN MY HOUSE, and switched to Willow. Sure enough time stuck at 18:55. Now I could sleep and progress it to 6am just once but it will just be stuck at 6 forever like my first game. Trying to troubleshoot and narrow it down to an exact event but so far it seems random. But a reload does work so it's related only to that particular save file, which means it's a triggered event, just got to find it.  ~ I did notice whenever you enter your SCA.B, the time reads 00:00 before jumping to the current saved time. Like whatever event triggers it breaks the memory line that hold the current time, conflicting with some value, making it pop out of the main function and becoming stuck forever?

Edited by shanharlmal

~ UPDATE !

I narrowed it down to one event!!!!!

It is indeed related to dying. When you die you can respawn / switch teens in the starting tunnel next to the baseball. Assuming you didn't respawn at lean-to. Well I noticed when you start a new game from scratch you start in that same tunnel. AND until you leave, time doesn't start! Just stays stuck at 7am. Well sometimes when I died my respawn would say it's lines like it started new and sure enough time was stuck. Reload just before and died again, didn't say the line...was fine time kept going. So something to do with that tunnel having a "tutorial area trigger event".  That seems to reset randomly, so whenever you go back to that tunnel, from dying or just walking into it, you trigger it and it starts a new time value, that conflicts with the current time saved and it gets stuck outside the function. I doubt I can track down whatever resets the event but at least I know to stay away from that tunnel! And try not to die! Might be best to just keep multiple saves and instead of spawning just reload? 

Edited by shanharlmal

So this has happened to me also. Time has stopped as 17 days and doesn't progress... it's continually daylight. 

I can also confirm that after I died once, it sent me back to the spawn point and played the beginning text again. It could be that it was what triggered time stopping.

Also interesting to note, the lab under the tree is locked and I can't get in. Not sure if that is part of the quest line, but I can't even enter any more even after I opened it and spoke with the robot previously.