WE'RE NOT ALONE

2-Player Co-op Playthrough [PC]

Player GTs:
• Nuclear_ClimaXx
• Aukshean314

[[ HEAVY SPOILERS ]] - Only read to compare playthroughs!

We begun by stuffing everything immediately visible into our inventories.
My friend discovered a Ladybug, and hopped right onto it's back, after a few seconds it's eyes turned red and my friend jumped off.
We built our first base right around the first Research Station.
We Built 3 Storage Baskets a Cooking Split, Sleeping Tents (whatever they're called), and place to store Grass Planks and Weed Stems.
The ants started gathering and attacking a basket. We found out it was the food causing it.
We moved the food basket on top of a rock.
That didn't work, they still telepathically knocked food out of the basket.
...only this time they couldn't destroy it too.
Now there's 15 ants with yellow triangle and sunglasses icons, swarming an empty basket.
Now 4 Weevils have joined in. And 5 Larvae. And 1 very angry Wolf Spider. Right at first Research Station.
We both are atop of it, stabbing the Wolf Spider in it's stupid cute face while it's legs ravage our grass walls.
Great first night.

The base is destroyed.
We move along with the storyline.
I bring my friend to the wire-hungry Mites and we press the button at the Mysterious Machine.
Stupid grass. ChopChopHAUGHHH! Oak Tree 'sploded.
We go inside the Oak Lab and skip all of BURG-L's dialog.

We took the first quest to make a Marker at Lamp. EZ.
We go back and skip BURG-L's dialog again and take the upgrade that gives us Base Floors.
We explore tentatively for wherever we can place a Sap Collector, we build a new base on top of a root, next to the Northern Abandoned Ant Hill.
This new base has stairs going up to it, and three stories, with a rough basement of Sap Collectors and mass storage of Plant and Stone Materials.
We accidentally draw aggro of a nearby Wolf Spider to the new base.
We were prepared to rebuild but something amazing happened!
The Spider froze on the stairs! Spooder.EXE has stopped working...
We finished it off without protest with Pebblet Spears.

The Spiders had NO-CLIP X-RAY WALLHACKZ.
But we had stairs!

I went in solo to place the Marker at the Western Ant Hill.
I also went in to explore, telling my friend "I'm going in to punch the queen in the face! If I don't make it back, tell your wife I love her!"
I found a Bee Mask and Bee Shoulders, but no queen.
We went back to the Oak Lab and BURG-L was gone.

No more quests...
That was awfully short. :c
4 Quests? No... Surely there's more.
Maybe BURG-L moved?
Time to re-explore the Western Ant Hill...
The Hazy Western Lawn...
The Garden(Orb Weaver Hell)...
The Pond...
The wall behind the Pond...
The Deck/Porch...
The Sandbox...
The Picnic Table...
The Shed...
The Bushes... (Ooh! Berries! Ladybug Armor! No wait THIS is ACTUALLY Orb Weaver Hell)

Then I saw a Research Station on the berry bush.
I ran past the Orb Weaver and up a stick and made it to the (tiny) Granola Bars.
Near the bushes was a Locked Door to another lab.
I proceeded up the berry bush until I encounter two Orb Weavers, and continued until I reached the Bird Bath.
From the Bird Bath I made my way onto another set of bushes.
These bushes had another lab...!
Inside the lab were smaller Orb Weavers patrolling.
I made my way inside via a broken corner of the lab, and there was another Locked Door.
I went on top of the lab and looked down on the spiders from the blue glass. Still no way in.
I continued up on top of the Bush base until finally a door opened!

It was another 9V battery generator room with heavy red lighting. There was another rainbow cassette tape.

"We're not alone"

Finally! A new quest!
"It seems like Wendell had someone watching him."
"Check other labs for evidence of the Watcher."

Other labs?
I definitely feel like I sequence broke a bit there. (Nothing new)
Who's Wendell? Who's the Watcher??

Apparently the BURG-L disappearing thing is a bug.
Maybe there is a way not to bug out the game and find out where the other Labs are?

EDIT: The Burg-L disappearance was definitely a glitch that occurs if you load Burg-L's Healthbar (usually by damaging Burg-L.) My guess is that triggers a despawn once you go far enough away.

Edited by Nuclear_NoM4D
  • Like 1

I've found 2 more labs, one in the wall next to the hedge (ground level not the high up lab one)

And another in the weed kier zone near what I think is a big red bench? 

Both locked, although the radar shows a analyser in the weed killer lab but seems no way to get in there, hope someone figures the story out as if the labs are locked till a future date it would be nice to know, spent the whole day yesterday roaming thr map looking for clues or ways to unlock the labs but nothing.

21 hours ago, Crashdown93 said:

I've found 2 more labs, one in the wall next to the hedge (ground level not the high up lab one)

I think this one is the actual entrance to the Hedge Lab, the "entrance" found accessible from the hedge branches is actually an exit, the red room at the top of the Hedges is a dead-end that was supposed to be only accessible by going through all of the Hedge Lab.

21 hours ago, Crashdown93 said:

And another in the weed kier zone near what I think is a big red bench? 

I found the door, but couldn't confirm the lab. Gunna see what janky physics bugs I can use to clip through walls.

Any discoveries in the Pond?

I really hope they add some kinda Rebreather/Diving Set soon.

On 7/31/2020 at 6:27 AM, Nuclear_NoM4D said:

2-Player Co-op Playthrough [PC]

Player GTs:
• Nuclear_ClimaXx
• Aukshean314

[[ HEAVY SPOILERS ]] - Only read to compare playthroughs!

We begun by stuffing everything immediately visible into our inventories.
My friend discovered a Ladybug, and hopped right onto it's back, after a few seconds it's eyes turned red and my friend jumped off.
We built our first base right around the first Research Station.
We Built 3 Storage Baskets a Cooking Split, Sleeping Tents (whatever they're called), and place to store Grass Planks and Weed Stems.
The ants started gathering and attacking a basket. We found out it was the food causing it.
We moved the food basket on top of a rock.
That didn't work, they still telepathically knocked food out of the basket.
...only this time they couldn't destroy it too.
Now there's 15 ants with yellow triangle and sunglasses icons, swarming an empty basket.
Now 4 Weevils have joined in. And 5 Larvae. And 1 very angry Wolf Spider. Right at first Research Station.
We both are atop of it, stabbing the Wolf Spider in it's stupid cute face while it's legs ravage our grass walls.
Great first night.

The base is destroyed.
We move along with the storyline.
I bring my friend to the wire-hungry Mites and we press the button at the Mysterious Machine.
Stupid grass. ChopChopHAUGHHH! Oak Tree 'sploded.
We go inside the Oak Lab and skip all of BURG-L's dialog.

We took the first quest to make a Marker at Lamp. EZ.
We go back and skip BURG-L's dialog again and take the upgrade that gives us Base Floors.
We explore tentatively for wherever we can place a Sap Collector, we build a new base on top of a root, next to the Northern Abandoned Ant Hill.
This new base has stairs going up to it, and three stories, with a rough basement of Sap Collectors and mass storage of Plant and Stone Materials.
We accidentally draw aggro of a nearby Wolf Spider to the new base.
We were prepared to rebuild but something amazing happened!
The Spider froze on the stairs! Spooder.EXE has stopped working...
We finished it off without protest with Pebblet Spears.

The Spiders had NO-CLIP X-RAY WALLHACKZ.
But we had stairs!

I went in solo to place the Marker at the Western Ant Hill.
I also went in to explore, telling my friend "I'm going in to punch the queen in the face! If I don't make it back, tell your wife I love her!"
I found a Bee Mask and Bee Shoulders, but no queen.
We went back to the Oak Lab and BURG-L was gone.

No more quests...
That was awfully short. :c
4 Quests? No... Surely there's more.
Maybe BURG-L moved?
Time to re-explore the Western Ant Hill...
The Hazy Western Lawn...
The Garden(Orb Weaver Hell)...
The Pond...
The wall behind the Pond...
The Deck/Porch...
The Sandbox...
The Picnic Table...
The Shed...
The Bushes... (Ooh! Berries! Ladybug Armor! No wait THIS is ACTUALLY Orb Weaver Hell)

Then I saw a Research Station on the berry bush.
I ran past the Orb Weaver and up a stick and made it to the (tiny) Granola Bars.
Near the bushes was a Locked Door to another lab.
I proceeded up the berry bush until I encounter two Orb Weavers, and continued until I reached the Bird Bath.
From the Bird Bath I made my way onto another set of bushes.
These bushes had another lab...!
Inside the lab were smaller Orb Weavers patrolling.
I made my way inside via a broken corner of the lab, and there was another Locked Door.
I went on top of the lab and looked down on the spiders from the blue glass. Still no way in.
I continued up on top of the Bush base until finally a door opened!

It was another 9V battery generator room with heavy red lighting. There was another rainbow cassette tape.

"We're not alone"

Finally! A new quest!
"It seems like Wendell had someone watching him."
"Check other labs for evidence of the Watcher."

Other labs?
I definitely feel like I sequence broke a bit there. (Nothing new)
Who's Wendell? Who's the Watcher??

Apparently the BURG-L disappearing thing is a bug.
Maybe there is a way not to bug out the game and find out where the other Labs are?

EDIT: The Burg-L disappearance was definitely a glitch that occurs if you load Burg-L's Healthbar (usually by damaging Burg-L.) My guess is that triggers a despawn once you go far enough away.

We're not alone! the 2nd strange note is in the haze lab not sure if theres a legit way in or not(there is also a switch that when switched on u get a monolog from burg.l saying power levels restored or something along them lines, also a button but not sure what it did). The next mission is to search for suspicious ominent doors  which i assumed was the locked doors but it isnt so not sure what im doing now lol

There's two ways to safe-crack into any location in the game.
One from above, using a Dandelion Tuff, from a long fall--activate it just before you crash into the ground, will cancel fall damage and sometimes clip you through the ground.
The other method breaks the base-building magnets. You will need another player. You want to build a Grass Door in front of the Lab door, the game won't let you, so you'll have to build your way to it from valid placement locations. You can use the snap of the magnets to place walls/floors in places you otherwise couldn't. Have player 2 open/close the door towards you so that it sends you through the door.

YouTuber TBCkoma found another way into Haze Lab via Lean-To, you place it inside a nearby wall and menu select "Give Up" to respawn on the other side. So proud of this merciless glitch-exploiting community. XD

• Thanks 1