Anyone else having problems finding them? I've went to northern ant Hill, Explored the whole thing, and found nothing. Killed all the ant soilders, Waiting a day, and still nothing. Waited two days and still nothing (Except ants respawning.) Btw thats game days not real life days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't get them to spawn either, ive cleared out the whole ant hill 3 times and killed literally every ant in the area, i go back the next day and there are loads of ants but no eggs.

They should allow us to cancel a quest so we don't have to be stuck with it, also stops us crafting bombs 

• Thanks 1

Hi all, i figured out what i'd done wrong on this. so when i first started i was cooking various meats. when they spoiled i'd just drop em... yeah don't do that. if you have you'll need to go back to the spot you did so, kill the SWARM of ants around the spoiled meat then pick it back up and destroy it...  i mean you can try and pick it up without killing them but in my case there was a mountain of ants lol... plus i hate ants. 

I played for over 50 in game days and never found an ant egg. I also noticed a problem, most my ants in the world were both soldiers and stuck.  In fact, there were 0 worker ants anywhere on the map.  I checked the ant hill for 10 days straight (every day at morning I'd run there) and never saw an egg, but did see the same groups of stuck soldiers.

This is a problem/glitch (bug, hahapun) something to do with the ants. I heard there used to be tons of eggs in the hill during an earlier "beta" (the game, is in alpha now... by all definitions) but they seem to have patched that due to either exploiting bombs, or AntAI tweaks, or both.  (I can understand having 'too many bombs' could be an issue, but never seeing them at all is a worse problem)

Now there is also rumor/thought put into possibly it being tied to not seeing Raw Science.  So...  for me my first game play had no raw science in the world, no eggs, tons of soldiers, and no ladybugs past day 30 or so. I play on PC with GamePass (Not Steam) - gathering these facts can attempt to help Obsidian track down the problem - MOST if not ALL the 'can't find raw science in the world' seems to be Gamepass/Xbox Console related.

I've also seen no ant eggs, I've played multiple games with multiple people hosting also solo and have found no eggs. It's very frustrating watching people find it and for me not to see a single one I've tried killing all the ant at beginning of the game (right after doing tutorial but before anything else) and nothing. I have even tried just running straight into the ant hill without killing the ants and still no ant eggs. I just want to know if they are actually in the game right now or not. 

Took 5min to find ant eggs.

They don't drop from ants.  They are laying on ground in an underground area of the no name anthill surrounded by soldier ants.  Very easy to see but very easy to walk past and fall in hole.  If you see hotdog bits, you fell in hole.

7 hours ago, Kissker said:

I played for over 50 in game days and never found an ant egg. I also noticed a problem, most my ants in the world were both soldiers and stuck.  In fact, there were 0 worker ants anywhere on the map.  I checked the ant hill for 10 days straight (every day at morning I'd run there) and never saw an egg, but did see the same groups of stuck soldiers.

This is a problem/glitch (bug, hahapun) something to do with the ants. I heard there used to be tons of eggs in the hill during an earlier "beta" (the game, is in alpha now... by all definitions) but they seem to have patched that due to either exploiting bombs, or AntAI tweaks, or both.  (I can understand having 'too many bombs' could be an issue, but never seeing them at all is a worse problem)

Now there is also rumor/thought put into possibly it being tied to not seeing Raw Science.  So...  for me my first game play had no raw science in the world, no eggs, tons of soldiers, and no ladybugs past day 30 or so. I play on PC with GamePass (Not Steam) - gathering these facts can attempt to help Obsidian track down the problem - MOST if not ALL the 'can't find raw science in the world' seems to be Gamepass/Xbox Console related.

You do realise that Alpha comes before Beta, Alpha is when the game is still being worked on and all the content is not in the game. Beta, is when all the content is in the game and they are focusing on just the bugs!

12 hours ago, Truth said:

Took 5min to find ant eggs.

They don't drop from ants.  They are laying on ground in an underground area of the no name anthill surrounded by soldier ants.  Very easy to see but very easy to walk past and fall in hole.  If you see hotdog bits, you fell in hole.

Yes, now find say 30 more.  The issue is they aren't spawning as they should.  The idea (still not confirmed and is being tested by other players) is that a Worker ant brings food back to the nest, then drops it in that hole.  During a timer, maybe just morning, there is a check to see if they have food. If so- eggs are laid.  How many? Unknown.  Relative to food? Unknown.  The thing is this is supposed to be the 'ant respawn mechanism' meaning when the eggs lay on the ground for X time, they hatch and more ants are now in your world.

This issue may be time related, or that worker ants never go back to the nest, or maybe they are stuck 'aggro attacking' every aphid all night long, or attacking something that is spawned inside a rock/branch/etc and un-killable.  Due to these issues - Worker ants 'never come home' - thus the 'mechanic to have them respawn' never triggers.

Every time I check the ant hill, there are no eggs, but a bunch of soldiers. I am tempted to kill about 80% of them and see what happens. I am also tempted to put a bunch of aphid dew and nectar in that storage hole to see if I can 'be the ant' and feed the colony. (something, that if it isn't in game, totally should be)

We have glitches were creatures get stuck in terrain, aggro things that cannot be seen normally (inside rocks, etc) and thus prevent 'normal game functions'  until some of these are fixed up, or the Ant AI is changed to "return home at night" or some other function to help keep them flowing - this just keeps happening naturally.  The longer you play (game days) the more frequently you will find stuck bugs.  I suppose there is a hard limit to the number of bugs on a map - so consoles don't lag out from a thousand ants and such. (if not, there should be!)  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kissker said:

Yes, now find say 30 more.  The issue is they aren't spawning as they should. 

My comment was on initially finding eggs.  I have seen many worker ants in the hill.  Doesn't the queen lay eggs? Haven't seen one of those. 

There are other items that are not respawning. Mint, quartzite and apple are a few that I have not seen to have respawned. 

It is a game preview.  Issues are expected.  It says that everytime the game starts.

Ok ok, i think I've solved it..

You need to go over to the pond area, and check between all the rocks at the waters edge...also check the gaps between rocks on the other side, near the picnic bench and we also had a few on the outskirts of the gas zone.. ive added pics to show locations.

In my game I had no eggs, and no worker ants.. well, i know why..there were literally 30 of them stuck in the rock gaps.. gas arrows quickly helped kill the ones i couldn't physically hit.

Killed all the trapped ants and now we have ant eggs 

Hopefully this helps others too20200805_235937.thumb.jpg.e60ef59d5e3c4f1670da29751596951f.jpg

Edited by Bricksanity
  • Like 1

I have the same problem. I've started three different saves and in each one, after a bit of time has passed in-game (always over a week, probably two or more), the ant population above-ground starts to dwindle, then basically disappears altogether. If I go into the "active" nest, where the eggs are supposed to be found, there's 20+ soldier ants, and they're clustered/glitched out on top of each other. They get stuck in the walls and can't move. I can kill them all, but they respawn just the same, and no eggs.

In one save file, I did notice congregating groups of worker ants above-ground around food, etc. But after a little while they vanish too. The world is quite big and I haven't explored every nook and cranny, so it's possible all those worker ants are trapped somewhere, but if they are, I haven't seen them.

In the meantime, I think it's a bit annoying but yeah, the game is still in development! Don't worry, BURG.L, one day I'll find that egg... one day.

17 hours ago, Bricksanity said:

You need to go over to the pond area, and check between all the rocks at the waters edge...also check the gaps between rocks on the other side, near the picnic bench and we also had a few on the outskirts of the gas zone.. ive added pics to show locations.

In my game I had no eggs, and no worker ants.. well, i know why..there were literally 30 of them stuck in the rock gaps.. gas arrows quickly helped kill the ones i couldn't physically hit.

Hopefully this helps others too20200805_235937.thumb.jpg.e60ef59d5e3c4f1670da29751596951f.jpg

I thought this was the issue I had also so I did kill them all using gas arrows thanks for the great tip on killing those glitched enemies this way.

Unluckily for me this still didn`t resolve the problem.

Thinking some more on the problem I realized I had done multiple runs through the ant hill killing everything I could and also out in the world.

Though one important thing I realized I didn't pick up their loot because by now I had so much Ant loot I had simply no need for more.

This disabled them to respawn so I went on a mission looting and trashing everything I could find to return in the evening without sleep (in-game).

And yay finally got lucky the kept on coming to lay eggs walked out with about 120.

Another thing I did do on the same day and am not sure if this might be related.

I went to the Larva cave during the day also and mass murdered them all. (using gas arrows)

For all the loot I had to create a dedicated storage container at the exit with a marker next to it to find it back easier.

So in closure I currently have the feeling not looting all the parts of a bug can prevent respawns.

NOTE: Loot it or trash it that's the question.

I will do some more testing but I know for Dandelions you need to fully remove and loot it all.

If you want them to regrow.

Grass also does not regrow when you leave the stock in the ground.

Something I will test now is to see if you can make wolf spiders stop from spawning (not looting their parts)😄 .

*Easy mode activated* not so much Whoaa!!! 

Some additional findings.

Dropping a mushroom from inventory on the ground.

Attracted Weevils to come for it.

So also need to do some more testing on this but it seems you can lure the insects you need when dropping specific foods.

I think the Ant`s like hotdogs bits as I saw them bringing those in the ant hill feeding section.

(close to the entrance)

Larva.gif

larva cave loot.gif

Edited by Michel van Delden
  • Thanks 1

On 7/30/2020 at 7:39 PM, Born Exposed said:

Anyone else having problems finding them? I've went to northern ant Hill, Explored the whole thing, and found nothing. Killed all the ant soilders, Waiting a day, and still nothing. Waited two days and still nothing (Except ants respawning.) Btw thats game days not real life days.

The Ants are trapped in rocks. Gas arrows work well for killing ants that you can't hit. Kill these groups of trapped ants and they will spawn in the hill. I wish ants wouldn't get stuck in rocks or stuck trying to chase aphids or weevils. 

On 8/6/2020 at 11:46 AM, Michel van Delden said:

Grass also does not regrow when you leave the stock in the ground.

in my testing, chopping the stump has no effect on grass growth (or it may slow it, but still regrows) the only way I found to stop it was to build over the spot it was in.  Foundations seem to have a small radius around them to prevent growth as well. (I have a stump next to my clay foundation and it has not regrown, but just a few steps away I had cut down all the grass in the area and all the rest has regrown)

I hope it becomes planned that 'leave the stump, regrow the grass' and 'remove the stump, prevent regrowth' mechanics in the future, but right now testing shows this is not the case.   IT could also be a system like "the forest" where every night you sleep, a % of 'trees' regrow. In this case, grass. So every night you sleep through - actually speeds up regrowth.

Edited by Kissker

On 8/5/2020 at 7:00 PM, Bricksanity said:

You are definitely onto something here. I went out and looked at rocks that may be harboring ants that are stuck. Sure enough I found several areas with ants clipped inside of the rocks. I must have had at least 4 areas where (all rocks) they were stuck at. I killed them off and will find out soon enough if they respawn.

*UPDATE*

I found this to be helpful enough that I was able to respawn the worker ants on just a single in-game night. I went back to ant hill after tracking/killing off all ants I could find. Sure enough in the ant hill there was nothing but worker ants and in the nest area I found a total of 18 ant eggs. If you stick around the worker ants start to respawn even more eggs.

Grounded 8_10_2020 1_26_41 AM (2).jpg

Edited by RazielDERF
Update
  • Like 1

Thanks to Raziel I FINALLY found eggs and not just a couple but about 35 eggs.  The task was not easy though it took a few hours going all over the map from the pond, to the haze, to the apple core, to the picnic bench to kill every ant and I even killed every soldier ant in the ant hill went to sleep, woke up and voila!  They were in the hill.

3 hours ago, tecknotot said:

Thanks to Raziel I FINALLY found eggs and not just a couple but about 35 eggs.  The task was not easy though it took a few hours going all over the map from the pond, to the haze, to the apple core, to the picnic bench to kill every ant and I even killed every soldier ant in the ant hill went to sleep, woke up and voila!  They were in the hill.

glad it helped ;)

• Like 1

ALSO, there is a hot dog north of the fallen down tree and there were about 30 worker ants all over it.  I killed them all, went to bed, woke up next to the ant hill went down there and VOILA!  The worker ants brought eggs.  Here is a screen shot of the massacre. 

https://gyazo.com/3cc7a6c0240e7dca3f90b11c631d40e8

Here is where the hot dog was located.

https://gyazo.com/b10b74c5eb7efbc6ed539bd22723af97