Hello community!

I was curious if anyone else has been having trouble with the Mint Chunks or certain weeds not repawning?

My group had something unfortunate happen to one of our 

Spoiler

mint mallets.

The player had their game client crash and wasn't able to get immediately back on. Thus we continued playing without them. To our dismay about an hour or so later when they returned they informed us that their inventory was empty and there was no bag on the ground. This is very disappointing and entirely that player's fault for not immediately returning so that we could have caught the mishap and rolled back a few minutes to an auto-save. 

😞

Anyways it has gotten a discussion going among our group of friends that play this game and we have all been wondering if the Mint Chunks will ever respawn again or not. We noted the fact that the certain weeds (the red stem ones) are not respawning either and that both of these not respawning could just be a game bug. I completely understand that this game is barely 2 days old now and I am sure it will get a nice little update in the coming days. In the mean-time I thought I would put this information out there to warn other players be careful and see if anyone else has either found more Mint Chunks or seen them respawn after a certain point in the game. 

Thank You to anyone at Obsidian (if you read this) for this very exciting, fresh take, and quite frankly addicting Survival experience. I had no idea how much I would fall in love with this game. Stoked to see what is coming in the future!

6 hours ago, Flouride said:

How do you even get those mint chunks? I managed to get 4 because of graphic glitch, but can't seem to break the glass to get the rest.

You crouch at the opening and just move around until you get inside. It can be a pain but it’s possible. Seems I have most luck trying to go in from the left side. Just push forward and back over n over with small side stepping and your squeeze in. 

On 7/31/2020 at 5:54 AM, Crashdown93 said:

Not sure about mints but I've noticed weeds won't respawn unless you destroy the little root bit left over when you chop it down 

You've actually had weeds respawn? How many days did it take? Currently on probably 14 days without respawn, probably about 5-6 days after chopping the root also.

1 hour ago, giant hobo said:

this is many times slower than actual dandelions grow.

Last time I checked, we didn't have the ability to shrink anyone/anything either. I'm mainly talking about the weed trees, although I haven't noticed dandelions growing back either. Clay also hasn't seemed to respawn, and I did that before the weeds.

17 hours ago, flea said:

Last time I checked, we didn't have the ability to shrink anyone/anything either. I'm mainly talking about the weed trees, although I haven't noticed dandelions growing back either. Clay also hasn't seemed to respawn, and I did that before the weeds.

I have noticed some clay respawning but not all of them. Some of the clay thats in the cave under the lazer that had the mites on the cable respawned for me after a few days. Thats the only place I have noticed it respawning but even then it wasnt all of them just one or two.

For me my games have been borked so I never get to the tools to get weeds chopped, but, dandelions always respawn for me, takes a few days though.  I don't know how long honestly, I do know that I don't chop the 'stumps' down on them though - never saw the point since I didn't gain anything useful from it.

If it is based on similar structure as "The Forest" they may only 'regrow' during nights you sleep. So, if your just soldiering on during the night - take a break and start sleeping to see what changes. (This is only speculation, as I do not know)

I have never had the red weeds respawn. Dandelions seem to respawn every 3 or so days. i am now at the point that if i want to cut down weeds i have to kill multiple spiders first. and then trying to carry 5 stems at a time (8 with Ant armor) across the yard to my house is all most not worth it. hopefully in a update they will add weeds spawning, or some sort of cart system or both.