GAME WON'T LAUNCH VIA STEAM

I've already posted but hoping to get an answer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 6 times now and still won't launch. But now I get a notification that says "Maine-Win64-Shipping.exe - System Error" ... "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." I think I've installed and reinstalled it enough and verified files. I've contacted the devs and they WILL NOT RESPOND BACK TO ME. Any ideas of what I need to do to get the game to work? The game has been out for a day and I haven't even been able to get it to launch. THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

Im on Windows 7, and got same issues... it says "Running" for 5-10 seconds but nothing happens, and then it resets back so i can try and start it up again.

Tried restarting, reinstalling and verifying... nothing works

EDIT: Tried too Run game as administrator, and that seemed to launch it, but now i get an dll error too, missing ADVAPI32.DLL

Ive tried with and without firewall on and off
Win 7 Pro
No antivirus programs installed in general i have a pretty fresh windows installed so shouldnt have issues with .dll

Still no launch 😕

Edited by BruceLee

On 7/30/2020 at 2:09 AM, allmightywizard said:

I've already posted but hoping to get an answer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 6 times now and still won't launch. But now I get a notification that says "Maine-Win64-Shipping.exe - System Error" ... "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." I think I've installed and reinstalled it enough and verified files. I've contacted the devs and they WILL NOT RESPOND BACK TO ME. Any ideas of what I need to do to get the game to work? The game has been out for a day and I haven't even been able to get it to launch. THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

That sounds like a runtime error where the game is looking for a visual c++ dll file but cant find it, i had that problem and downloaded the file from the following site:

https://www.computerbase.de/downloads/systemtools/all-in-one-runtimes/

That will install/repair pretty much every runtime library windows needs so that should fix the problem.

On 8/3/2020 at 5:18 PM, BruceLee said:

Im on Windows 7, and got same issues... it says "Running" for 5-10 seconds but nothing happens, and then it resets back so i can try and start it up again.

Tried restarting, reinstalling and verifying... nothing works

EDIT: Tried too Run game as administrator, and that seemed to launch it, but now i get an dll error too, missing ADVAPI32.DLL

Ive tried with and without firewall on and off
Win 7 Pro
No antivirus programs installed in general i have a pretty fresh windows installed so shouldnt have issues with .dll

Still no launch 😕

This error popped up when i fixed the runtime library, i fixed it by downloading a security update from microsoft here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=48636

Seeing as you noted that you have a pretty fresh windows install that might do the trick!