Blurry bits give me a headache

I don't really know how to explain this correctly but the blurry parts of the map, so like the parts that are just in the background, really give me bad headaches and make me feel sick. Please I hope they do something to fix this just a option to remove the background for the player, like how the arachnophiobia mode works. Im thinking maybe just a white background or something that isn't blurry. Please I hope this changes because I really love this game but can't play it because of that sole reason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Mystic4ss4ssin said:

I don't really know how to explain this correctly but the blurry parts of the map, so like the parts that are just in the background, really give me bad headaches and make me feel sick. Please I hope they do something to fix this just a option to remove the background for the player, like how the arachnophiobia mode works. Im thinking maybe just a white background or something that isn't blurry. Please I hope this changes because I really love this game but can't play it because of that sole reason.

I think you mean the Depth of Field, which is normal.

But, it might be an idea if there was a setting to allow this to be extended or reduced, even turn off if it is problematic for some people.

8 minutes ago, CyberAngel said:

I think you mean the Depth of Field, which is normal.

But, it might be an idea if there was a setting to allow this to be extended or reduced, even turn off if it is problematic for some people.

I just hope they see this, it seems like it should be a really simple work around too.

You mean Depth of Field and yeah, it does need to be toned down quite a bit (with the option to turn off). I do get the concept of why it is utilized the way it is within the game world but yeah, throw us some options - I don't mind it but tweaking it would actually make the game look better.

If you're on PC you can shut it off completely and have a nice sharp image even far away. Look it up online how to do this. You can also reduce or turn of motion blur to aid a bit. 

On 7/29/2020 at 2:32 PM, Mystic4ss4ssin said:

Did you email support@obsidian.net with a bug report with your concern?  They probably  should have a slider for people who have issues like motion sickness, etc.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 2:32 PM, Mystic4ss4ssin said:

I found this link for you to remove the blurry background. https://gamesgds.com/grounded-how-to-turn-off-on-the-distance-blur/

• 2 weeks later...

I know technically speaking, the depth of field is needed to help render 'only what is needed' that a blurry, low quality image is easier, and faster to load and keep up with than a high quality, non blurry effect.

however. I hate it.  When the player looks around, we are forced to wiggle our mouse/controls to see clearly, but in reality we can just move our eyes. In every single game, I turn off Motion Blur and Depth of Field (as much as possible) but this game - doesn't have enough 'off' function, as both are still 'on' to some degree even with it at 0% (for motion blur, no setting for DoF yet) this hurts my eyes and gives me a headache quickly.    Oddly enough, if you build higher - it does 'go farther away' (I mean as high as house roof, etc) so it should be a setting to change. (and for crying out loud when we put motion blur to 0 - please disable it completely)

5 minutes ago, Kissker said:

I know technically speaking, the depth of field is needed to help render 'only what is needed' that a blurry, low quality image is easier, and faster to load and keep up with than a high quality, non blurry effect.

however. I hate it.  When the player looks around, we are forced to wiggle our mouse/controls to see clearly, but in reality we can just move our eyes. In every single game, I turn off Motion Blur and Depth of Field (as much as possible) but this game - doesn't have enough 'off' function, as both are still 'on' to some degree even with it at 0% (for motion blur, no setting for DoF yet) this hurts my eyes and gives me a headache quickly.    Oddly enough, if you build higher - it does 'go farther away' (I mean as high as house roof, etc) so it should be a setting to change. (and for crying out loud when we put motion blur to 0 - please disable it completely)

The method I used worked mate look it up on YouTube there's a video specifically for Grounded.