Video Memory (Xbox)

Had an Error just now;

"Error

Out of video memory trying to allocate a rendering resource. Make sure your video card has the minimum required memory, try lowering the resolution and/or closing other applications that are running. Exiting..."

Using an Xbox One S. This is the only game played this gaming session, played for about seven hours. Mainly messing about and exploring.

Everything is updated as needed (Xbox and game). So no reason my end why this is happening.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just had the same issue myself after about 25 hours of play on my xbox one. Was headed back from the pond/flower bed area to my base near the western ant hill when my game suddenly locked up displayed that exact error message and shut off.  

I was noticing the game was having more and more difficuly loading every time i headed back to that area. I had a flower lure surrounded by 4 spike traps built right at the entrance to the western ant hill since the very begining of the game to make harvesting ant mandibles and parts easy. I also noticed ants have difficulty getting out of that hive on a regular bases. Spawn inside the walls and being stuck. I'm thinking an over abundance of spawning of one thing or another was continuing to go on and on over there until it was just too much for the video cards memory. 

Edited by steelgod101a

Hey Raelik! Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention! I've added your details to our bug report database for investigation. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you run into any more issues. 

We've created a Grounded Issue Tracker and a https://grounded.obsidian.net/feature-board to keep players informed on bugs and upcoming features. Please bear with us while we work to keep the issues updated with the most recent information.

On 8/4/2020 at 8:46 AM, Stonerclown420z said:

yeah same bull**** happened to me to...and constantly when my friends join all their stuff is gone like they have never played....

It sounds like you and your friends have run into the multiplayer progress reset bug. I'm sorry that both of you have been dealing with this issue. The team is aware of this bug, and they are working on a fix. In the meantime, I recommend storing the gear in a chest before you or your friend logs out. 

On 10/15/2020 at 3:08 PM, RazielDERF said:

Has anyone here reported this to support team? 

Posting on these forums is as far as im going. If the "DEVs" want to know whats wrong with thier game and or want to look at player feedback and suggestions then they need to read and respond on these forums that were made for that very purpose, otherwise they should take down the forums if they are not serving that purpose.

• Confused 1

Well technically this isn't the spot for them to browse and look for issues. This area is for the community to help each other. You'd be surprised how much they have already responded to when you submit an issue. 

From personal experience they have responded to every inquiry I sent them and fixed about 90% of the bugs I reported to them. 

SmartSelect_20201029-160224_Edge.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EpicTorch1990 said:

I'm having the same issue and unable to join anyone on multiplayer

There are some known issues with MP and players not being able to join up with their friends. The team is looking into these issues and will be addressing multiplayer connectivity and fidelity throughout the Game Preview/Early Access phase of development. 

On which platform do you have the game Epictorch? 

Possible band aid solution or fix for OUT OF MEMORY ERROR is to do a regular log out save (every 5-10 min works for me most of the time) then load the game again. The following explains why I think it works and how I came to discover the band aid fix

Had the same OUT OF MEMORY error happen to me a bit. The main issue I have noticed with this out of memory error and the game shutting down is (I think the following could be another bug that causes the game to download saves from the cloud) that upon restarting the game it accesses the cloud saves and all my auto saves are gone the most recent being 3-4 days old. This accessing the cloud and loss of auto saves happens every time I start up Grounded not just when the game shuts down due to the out of memory error, thankfully my log out save always exists. I think it's an issue with auto saves probably not being uploaded to the cloud and then being lost the next time you load the game and it sync's with the cloud. As a result I have been doing log out saves every 5-10 min depending on how much I have done in game. Funny thing is If I do the log out saves regularly then I never experience the out of memory error. So I have kind of stumbled on a way to play and avoid the OUT OF MEMORY error, it's not the best solution and takes time to log out save and reload but for myself it is about 1-2 min in total.

I hope this helps others who are experiencing the same out of memory error.

P.S. This is on the Xbox S

96E29F5E-088C-4C84-A39E-B6D6A4C30224.jpeg

Edited by DANGEROUS JEZZA

20 hours ago, cstanick said:

There are some known issues with MP and players not being able to join up with their friends. The team is looking into these issues and will be addressing multiplayer connectivity and fidelity throughout the Game Preview/Early Access phase of development. 

On which platform do you have the game Epictorch? 

thank you for looking into this.

i've reported this, but listing in the forums as well, and i'm NOT playing in mulit-player. i'm on Xbox one playing solo.

it also wiped out all my saves from oct / nov, i can only access Sept 20th saves or earlier.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 1/14/2021 at 6:48 PM, cstanick said:

Has anyone experienced the video error since patch 0.5.1? 

Still experiencing the problem "out of video memory trying to allocate a texture" and we are now in 2021!!!!!!! the patch released few days ago is the 0.10.1 from the 12 July 2021, for god sake, are you gonna do something?

• 3 months later...
On 7/28/2020 at 8:25 PM, Raelik said:

Had an Error just now;

"Error

Out of video memory trying to allocate a rendering resource. Make sure your video card has the minimum required memory, try lowering the resolution and/or closing other applications that are running. Exiting..."

Using an Xbox One S. This is the only game played this gaming session, played for about seven hours. Mainly messing about and exploring.

Everything is updated as needed (Xbox and game). So no reason my end why this is happening.

👽:Get this exact error message just now when trying to load a save😡

WTF?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All, My partner and I have been playing Grounded since the day it came out and only since the Shroom and Doom update we have both experienced this error with video memory with allocating a rendering resource and we both have Xbox Series X's (Mine being the newest as I only received it today so I know it's not the xbox's) Is there anything we can do to fix this without loading previous saves and we have done so much to our base now, loading a previous save will undo everything we have been grinding roughly the last week or two since the update happened.

• 6 months later...