Game won't launch via Steam

I purchased the game via Steam and the game won't launch. I have uninstalled and reinstalled two times now. I have verified the integrity of the game files several times and my antivirus is not blocking it. The game still won't launch. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

UPDATE: I have uninstalled and reinstalled 6 times now and still won't launch. But now I get a notification that says "Maine-Win64-Shipping.exe - System Error" ... "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." I think I've installed and reinstalled it enough and verified files. Any ideas?

Edited by allmightywizard

1 hour ago, allmightywizard said:

I purchased the game via Steam and the game won't launch. I have uninstalled and reinstalled two times now. I have verified the integrity of the game files several times and my antivirus is not blocking it. The game still won't launch. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

You're very patient, lol. I just reinstall 2 times and I gave up. And yes, I got the same problem as you. Steam player seem to get less attention when it comes to help request, I join grounded official discord group and the devs only answer those who play through xbox (pc or console). The diffirence is mine doesn't show any pop up to explain any kind of error so i don't know where to look and how to fix it.

I'll try to reinstall like you did and see what happening. Keep it up, we steam player are in this together.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MisterMxyzptlk said:

You're very patient, lol. I just reinstall 2 times and I gave up. And yes, I got the same problem as you. Steam player seem to get less attention when it comes to help request, I join grounded official discord group and the devs only answer those who play through xbox (pc or console). The diffirence is mine doesn't show any pop up to explain any kind of error so i don't know where to look and how to fix it.

I'll try to reinstall like you did and see what happening. Keep it up, we steam player are in this together.

Looks like they're going to lose some money here. I'll likely get a refund if it's not resolved by tomorrow.

• 8 months later...
On 7/29/2020 at 1:01 AM, allmightywizard said:

UPDATE: I have uninstalled and reinstalled 6 times now and still won't launch. But now I get a notification that says "Maine-Win64-Shipping.exe - System Error" ... "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." I think I've installed and reinstalled it enough and verified files. Any ideas?

Did you find a fix? I'm now having same issue, yet have played it previously so don't know what's happened.

I'm sorry to hear that you all are running into this issue while trying to launch Grounded. I recommend submitting a support request so that you can each receive one on one support for the issue. This forum and Discord are for players to assist each other and not an official support channel. 

Please include the following information:

1. Platform (Xbox Console, PC Game Pass, PC Steam). If you are on PC, please include your DxDiag. 
2. Multiplayer or Single Player Game (if multiplayer, can you let us know how many players in total in the game and their platforms if you know this) 
3. Description of issue. 
4. Last thing you did in the game before the issue occurred, if applicable.