Floor blueprint missing, other issues.

The floor blueprint does not unlock with the door and wall, this means that there is no base building at all because you need to put down a floor in order to put walls or anything else. Also the mouse scroll wheel does not scroll through your hotpouch like it did in the demo version. I'm still loving the game but the base building is a big part to be missing day one! 

Yeah and the larvae came and broke everything I had put down since it wasn't enclosed. Hopefully they can get it fixed soon, because that's a big part of building that just isn't there. It was fine in the demo version though. 

Yeah I just got the floor blueprint from the robot in the lab under the tree. Interesting how they made an entire video on building and specifically said that it unlocks from cutting down grass, then completely changed it. Seems kind of dumb since it's the most basic floor and isn't very good. I was told that it is to promote exploration, well that's kind of the whole point of the game anyway, no need to nerf building. 

• Like 1

To be honest the fact they give you all apart from the floor and stairs is ridiculous!, they should restrict scaffolding, walls, doors, windows and roofs too.  Then it doesn't give a false representation for the base building.

There is basically nothing which implies that it is the only thing which is locked. I mean come on the character can make everything else except floors and stairs? They have skill in making complex things like walls, doorways and roofs.  But not floors?

Lock them all until you pass the start and then the player is pushed to explore the story. I was set on my survival style right away and was building myself a home after the first research station.

Like many others it seems...

Maybe just allow for tools, campfire, lean-to and chest until the rest is unlocked?

Edited by Raelik
Added a solution...
  • Like 1