Known Issues List **Updated 1/28/2021**

5 hours ago, Chrissy The Blesser said:

I am having an issue harvesting the first mint. 
Initially I encountered this when I was not the host.  I had the insect hammer but it would not break the mint.  It just sounded like I was still hitting the lid before it opened.  I kept going back and trying until it finally let me break it. There were no issues with breaking the other mints in the container.   I did give the hammer to the host player and it would not let him mine the mint either.  I chalked this up to sync issues since I was not hosting the game. (This was all prior to the last update)   Except.........................
Now I am hosting and got to this level of the game and am having the same issue (Post update).  Same thing, I cannot break the mint blocking the door.  I have tried about 9 or 10 times and rebooted the game and still no luck.  I am hoping that eventually the game will let me in. 

I play on a Predator Helios 500 PH517-51  PC with 16 GB Ram, Win 10 through Steam

It was same to me on Xbox when I first tried to mine. I managed to mined them but it took a while to get the hitbox. It seems the container model are conflicting the Mint’s hitbox.

• Like 2

Xbox .0.1.1.2193

When updating a not-full stack of items with a full stack of items moved from within storage, the numbers shown after update are not correct. Stack size is correct, but the numbers shown are not. Closing chest or touching incorrectly labeled stack will update the numbers to be correct. Steps > inside chest have a stack of 11 arrows and a stack of 20 arrows (or whatever item). Pick up the 20 stack and drop it onto the 11 stack. Note that the both stacks now show 11. Note: This is not happen when moving a stack from backpack into storage. Note2: this affects both chest and storage container.

When an item is stolen by gnat or ant and said item is tried to put back into storage, press X on that stack of items will not work. You must pick up the stack and drop it into storage. Steps > hold nectar in hand or have in chest. Wait for gnat or ant to steal. Kill said offending critter. Pick up stolen nectar. Go to storage chest and open. Press X on nectar in backpack to deposit into chest and note that it does not work. You must pick up the item and move the stack manually.

Getting into mint box is difficult enough to make someone think they cannot do so. It takes a lot of “just right” directions to squeeze into it. It shouldn’t be that difficult if players are expected to be able to do so (for mint mining).

Edited by MajorYoshi
  • Like 1

On console love the game last night around 430pm the game started crashing really bad log in play for 3 minutes then kicks me to Xbox home screen basically unplayable right now which sucks me and my buddy love the game hope u can resolve fast so we can get back to dominanting the back yarf

Edited by KillaC859

Ever since the last patch, I've noticed certain places are not respawning resources. The juice box on the edge of the water by the rose bushes does not drop liquid properly. You can see it drip from the straw but instead of hitting the ground, it disappears into thin air. The dandelions are not regrowing and the acorns are not respawning. I'm also having an issue with the dew catchers not working. When you build them initially, they immediately fill up but after you collect it all, they never refill. The mushroom garden is not growing shrooms either. I used to be able to sleep through the night and wake up to everything being refreshed and refilled and now days go by and nothing happens.

• Thanks 1

• SChin changed the title to Known Issues List **Updated 8/10/2020**

Well this is crazy I just had an issue on Xbox where when I clicked Load to load up my save games none showed up and it was empty then when trying to back out to the main menu the game would lock up and I could do nothing so I would have to exit to the dashboard and force quit the game. This happened a couple times until I restarted my Xbox. Now that I restarted my Xbox I loaded up the game and my saves were all there but I clicked on one to load and the game would just sit on a black screen forever while saying loading with a spinny thing in the corner of the screen. When exiting to the dashboard and trying to force close the game it would not allow for it to force close causing me to have to restart the Xbox again. I have been having issues like this for weeks since the game came out and it seems like every day a new one crops up. Before when trying to load my save it would load into the game with all my bases gone and all the trail markers and BURDGL missions gone Also the sun would be really bright causing a blinding light over the game. I have no clue what to do I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times I have tried loading it up on PC and playing it but nothing works its always one issue or another that keeps me from playing. 

Edited by M6000

Seeing the following issues on Windows- Gamepass

1. Same as everyone else, Dew and Mushroom items arent spawning water or food. Both these issues can be worked around

2. Same as others, Acorns no longer spawn . I have tested this and after 4 days in-game they still havent spawned back. This one will become a game breaker as it removed an essential resource in lots of craftables.

3. No Ant Eggs spawning like for others. As far as im aware i have cleaned up all the ants a few times on the map. Unsure if this is still an issue because of all the ants encased in walls and stones around the map.

4. Inventory loss. A slot in the inventory will randomly become invisible/unavailable. When placing something into the slot it disappears if its from a chest, if you move things around in your inventory the slot that cant be used simply shifts places with what ever you move into the slot. I lost 2 stacks of Nectar before i realised 😐

5. Some randomness with Dew drops forming on leaves and staying in the sky, seems like they arent physically attached to grass and thus cannot be dropped. This can likely be checked by scaffolding up and see if it can be interacted with but thats costly just to experiment.

On 8/10/2020 at 12:44 AM, MajorYoshi said:

Huge "Sorry so long" list continued.  last post today, I promise. 

(again, Xbox one x)

Can we not harvest spider silk from spider web “teepees”?

If armor and glider were equipped upon death, after respawning and when grabbing all from backpack, items should go back to being equipped. If calculating what was assigned is difficult and opens for issues elsewhere, just eq the first objects encountered into their relevant slots. Me carrying multiple armor sets everywhere all the time seems highly unlikely.

If a ladybug is in “Must Kill Aphid Now” mode on an aphid that the ladybug cannot reach, said ladybug can be killed (note T3 mallet used) without drawing aggro to yourself as you pummel it. Ex., aphid was under rock next to water north of Oak Tree. Ladybug was trying to get to it but could not get under rock. I stood there and bashed it until it died with zero risk to myself.

Welp Flavordrink (East NE of lab entrance) almost never has ‘drink’ available. Yes, I know it rolls downhill a little bit, but I thought for the longest time it didn’t even offer drink as every time I passed by the area I never saw any. Then, one day, there was drink available down the hill just a little. For the most part there is almost never drink here still. (this coupled with the raspberry juice clipping through the ground makes this area a bit thirst-ridden).

When there is a large (15+) list of saves and you delete them, nothing happens for a few seconds, making one wonder wth is going on. Ex., gather many (20ish) saves. Delete one. Note that “DELETE SAVE FILE” pop-up window stays in place even after you press A. After a few seconds the window goes away after the save is deleted. After pressing A, a secondary window saying “Deleting” should appear, or when pressing A this pop up window should disappear and “Deleting…” should appear at the top (where “Saving…” should appear (see previous post)) until the file is deleted.  

When quitting a game and it says “game will be saved” after pressing A for “ok” the bottom of the screen then says “Loading…” as it's saving and exiting. 

Hi people,

I played a lot of open world survival, I don't believe that making the stuff equip itself automatically, when picking up the bag after a death is something very useful and necessary, it will make death even less punitive than it is.

Finding death in the game is still quite "easy going" lol and that's a problem I think ...

Wishing the best future for your game !

"If armor and glider were equipped upon death, after respawning and when grabbing all from backpack, items should go back to being equipped."
U'r funny dude, I would like my character to start eating and drinking automatically too, whether or not I have food in my bag. Besides, the base should build itself, the insects should all come and kill themselves in front of my base, or in front of me when I'm not there!

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Issues since the latest patch that I cant see on the known list:

Dew drops not spawning on blades of grass. - we are surviving on only juice and rancid water now.

Acorns not respawning. - making base building more difficult, with a limitation on what we can build with nut shells.

Can't fill multiple canteens. After filling one the others all say they are full when trying to scoop. - This makes the issue with no dew drops spawning a nightmare as we cant easily stock up from all the juice sources. 

Gnats fly underwater.

Sap collector - mostly cant be placed. The ones that can be placed don't seem to actually catch any sap. 

Lots of extra game crashes for both host and connected players.

39 minutes ago, Nemnem92 said:

Hi people,

I played a lot of open world survival, I don't believe that making the stuff equip itself automatically, when picking up the bag after a death is something very useful and necessary, it will make death even less punitive than it is.

Finding death in the game is still quite "easy going" lol and that's a problem I think ...

Wishing the best future for your game !

"If armor and glider were equipped upon death, after respawning and when grabbing all from backpack, items should go back to being equipped."
U'r funny dude, I would like my character to start eating and drinking automatically too, whether or not I have food in my bag. Besides, the base should build itself, the insects should all come and kill themselves in front of my base, or in front of me when I'm not there!

I dont understand why a survival game needs tedious activities that dont add anything to the game, in the end its just busy work. Re-equipping items after death is simply tedious when there is no pvp incentive to be quick about picking up your gear and getting back into combat.

Drinking, eating, building, these examples are all irrelevant and a completely exaggerated as thats literally what a building survival game is about. Re-equipping gear, an inventory sorting function,  using items in storage within range of a crafting bench, these are called QoL improvements and dont detract from the survival element, it just makes it so the game is smoother and less tedious to play. Every survival game i play has these inbuilt or has mods exactly for this and on that note, if people didnt see its usefulness, people wouldnt mod those things. 

This thread is about patch issues however so lets drop the topic here and put it back to the "bugs"

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Pranksterjeff said:

It was same to me on Xbox when I first tried to mine. I managed to mined them but it took a while to get the hitbox. It seems the container model are conflicting the Mint’s hitbox.

Same issue with Gamepass on Windows. The hitbox is screwy and would sometimes sound like i was hitting the container cap. I eventually got it to hit enough to break the first piece. Once inside it was not issue (getting inside the container WAS an issue lol)

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Gryms said:

I dont understand why a survival game needs tedious activities that dont add anything to the game, in the end its just busy work. Re-equipping items after death is simply tedious when there is no pvp incentive to be quick about picking up your gear and getting back into combat.

Drinking, eating, building, these examples are all irrelevant and a completely exaggerated as thats literally what a building survival game is about. Re-equipping gear, an inventory sorting function,  using items in storage within range of a crafting bench, these are called QoL improvements and dont detract from the survival element, it just makes it so the game is smoother and less tedious to play. Every survival game i play has these inbuilt or has mods exactly for this and on that note, if people didnt see its usefulness, people wouldnt mod those things. 

This thread is about patch issues however so lets drop the topic here and put it back to the "bugs"

"I don't I dont understand why a survival game needs tedious activities" 
Tedious activities: 3 click
"Re-equipping items after death is simply tedious when there is no pvp incentive to be quick about picking up your gear and getting back into combat."

Certainly no PVP, however, the game has so much of a simple death mechanic, that I just faced tank 3-4 mob, not far from my spawn point with a kite friend.
I respawn, I press 2 keys once I have my bag, I get my stuff, then 3 clicks and I equip my stuff. That's all death asked me to do to know how to tank face again.

It's true that it's really tedious

"Re-equipping gear, an inventory sorting function"

No you mix things up, sorting an inventory after you've emptied it into your chests is QoL improvements, like u said.

Re-equipping your stuff is not. I really don't understand your reason. However, it is not complicated to think about what death forces us to do ...

"This thread is about patch issues however so lets drop the topic here and put it back to the "bugs"

You're right about that. So why did you take the time to waste time?

I don't understand those people who want the games to play for them.

Surviving is not always fun 😃

On 7/29/2020 at 3:45 AM, XMetalBarbie said:

First of all I’d like to thank you for creating such an amazing game! This is such a neat idea and I’m enjoying it thoroughly. The issues you’ve listed above, I’ve experienced them a little bit but nothing to complain or report about. But seeing as your team needs feedback to make this game the best it can be, I figured I’d share the few bugs/glitches I have come across (which are only 2 so far).

The first one.
When chopping blades of grass, I noticed the very first time I did this that I got around 4-8 pieces (I could be very wrong about that) and then on others I would get like 2 or 3. When I chopped them, I’d watched them hit the ground and they would glitch or something and most of them would disappear. At first I was laughing because I thought the ants were stealing them 😂😂 but then I realized they weren’t. 

The second and last one.

It’s about the grass blades, as well. When I have finally cut the grass down and go to collect them and ‘Unload’ them, the first few started to disappear into the ground. That’s really all I have to say about this one. I unloaded the grass. They disappeared and I think that’s not supposed to happen?

So yeah, that’s all the glitches/bugs (no pun intended 😂sorry I had to lol) that I have come across so far. 
Keep up the amazing work! 🖤🤍

There are 2 types of grass, one that gives 3 blades and one that gives 8, you can differentiate them by what remains after you cut them, if the stem is a line - it's a 3 blade, if it's a circle it's a 8 blade. Hope it helps.

Two things that I've noticed since the update. This is for the xBox version:

1) Larva spawn rates still seem to be wonky. While I never had the issue with the spike traps, I went exploring to set up a trail marker and ran into an "army" (15 or so larva) moving which caused massive lag and drop in frame rates.

2) Plant Lamps, and Scones seem to cause lag as well. I've put up several Scones around my base to be able to see when it turns into night and it seems to have been causing some extra lag around my base. 

Other issues I've had are already on the Official Known Issue List.

Man it sux I found a save that I could actually load that works and still has all my stuff but when saving my game from that save I can't load the new save that is created so I'm still freaking stuck. I haven't been able to play this game reliably since a week after launch. It's like ever since I had that very 1st save game issue that was it my whole game was corrupted and pretty much every save game I attempt to load up has a different issue if it even loads at all. Man this sux. 

12 hours ago, T_Ferguson said:

This update has rendered the game nearly unplayable. This fail to load save game bug has broken the game. Please fix this above all else, and sooner than later

Same experience here. I have lost 30+ hours of Gameplay. Even now if I start a new game, you can bet the save won’t load next time I try to play. Sucks because I absolutely love this game!

On 8/9/2020 at 11:06 AM, Chrissy The Blesser said:

Not sure if this is a bug per se but the game mechanics are causing stuttering and I feel will eventually cause the game to crash from having too many items in game.  

I built my base on the baseball and our issue is the grass regrows under the base and pokes through the floor and the collision makes it hard to move around in the base.  We cut down the grass and even tried the suggested leaving of the stumps but it still regrows.  The issue is, we are up to our eyeballs in grass planks that we cannot delete.  We build several pallets to store them but since this is a recurring issue it just isn't practical to keep building them.  We started tossing them into an unused alcove near where the stick is to access the baseball but the pile grows and the grass will not stay stacked and just skitters all over the place. 
Please provide us a way to delete the grass planks.  There will be too many for the game to handle soon and I don't want to lose my game. 

I play on a Predator Helios 500 PH517-51  PC with 16 GB Ram, Win 10 through Steam

Baseball Base small size.png

Grass Piles small sized.jpg

Just build clay foundations underneath your base.  Grass will not grow through the clay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2020 at 8:53 AM, azonaiya said:

I wanted to report that in my game I had worker ants seeming to disappear, only to be found at the edges of the map trapped under/inside large map features such as rocks and boulders, leading to there being no ant eggs in the nest to find. By day 20ish all worker ants had pretty much disappeared from my other file and I was attempting to hunt them down. I will be playing on 1.1 to see if the same happens, and will report with findings.

I was also finding that ants were spawning inside of my home after I slept. I attempted to stop this by putting down some clay foundations. However, I found when I broke one of the pieces of foundation, about 8 ants popped out of it into my base! Perhaps this had something to do with the vanishing ants as well.

Game is awesome otherwise, genuinely a LOT of fun and very thoughtful. It reminds me of the book Micro by Michael Crichton, in how it is semi-realistically portrayed.

Don't bother hunting down worker ants all over the map.  Place a lure trap outside the ant hill and wait 2 or 3 game days.  The ant hill should crawling with worker ants.  This was the only solution that enabled me to get ant eggs.

On 8/11/2020 at 7:03 AM, shushteru said:

There are 2 types of grass, one that gives 3 blades and one that gives 8, you can differentiate them by what remains after you cut them, if the stem is a line - it's a 3 blade, if it's a circle it's a 8 blade. Hope it helps.

There are 3 types. there is a 3 a 5 and an 8. A single blade is always 3. a double blade is always 5. a triple blade is mostly 8, but it seems if they arent 'grown out' very far, they sometimes are 5. im a bit on the particular side for organization (insert incorrect OCD here) so i pay close attention to these things haha. like i wish they made the stem pallet hold 24 somehow and make it nice, like the grass pallet. 25 wouldnt be too bad either, as it is a multiple of the regular carry amount of 5, but 21 only works with 7 and 24 works with 6 and 8. not super important though, just thought id point it out.

Also posting a doc file with a lot of things, to avoid clutter on the page, like my feedback and suggestions post, which is link in the doc file here.

Thanks so far OBSIDIAN for making a fun and interesting game, enough for me to want to post bugs and suggestions, which may be 1 of only 2 games i've ever done with, the other being Subnautica.

Grounded Bugs_Issues.docx

5 hours ago, Dacar68 said:

Just build clay foundations underneath your base.  Grass will not grow through the clay.

Wait, grass grow back? I thought only weeds grow back since there’s a abundant amount of grass on the map. Then again I noticed both Grass and Weeds don’t grow back after I cut them down.

On 7/28/2020 at 1:29 PM, SChin said:

Known Issue: Reports have been made where players are having difficulties placing blueprints when building their bases.  

Idk if this will work for everyone but when I was replacing all my wall with reinforced wall, I couldn’t place blueprint in some spots while other work fine. By accident I managed to place it despite it showing red when I place the blueprint next to it. This work by pointing where 2 wall meet between and it will go back and forth repeatedly between them. Then I press confirm repeatedly until the blueprint have been placed. I can confirm this work for floor as well.

On 8/11/2020 at 5:27 AM, Nemnem92 said:

"I don't I dont understand why a survival game needs tedious activities" 
Tedious activities: 3 click
"Re-equipping items after death is simply tedious when there is no pvp incentive to be quick about picking up your gear and getting back into combat."

Certainly no PVP, however, the game has so much of a simple death mechanic, that I just faced tank 3-4 mob, not far from my spawn point with a kite friend.
I respawn, I press 2 keys once I have my bag, I get my stuff, then 3 clicks and I equip my stuff. That's all death asked me to do to know how to tank face again.

It's true that it's really tedious

"Re-equipping gear, an inventory sorting function"

No you mix things up, sorting an inventory after you've emptied it into your chests is QoL improvements, like u said.

Re-equipping your stuff is not. I really don't understand your reason. However, it is not complicated to think about what death forces us to do ...

"This thread is about patch issues however so lets drop the topic here and put it back to the "bugs"

You're right about that. So why did you take the time to waste time?

I don't understand those people who want the games to play for them.

Surviving is not always fun 😃

"Fun isn't something one considers when balancing the universe. But this... does put a smile on my face." —Thanos.