Known Issues List **Updated 1/28/2021**

19 hours ago, BuddaValley said:

About this issue, it happened to me when after completing some missions of BURG.L, I visited the case with a syringe in the place where the story begins, then my screen flashed for a moment and the opening lines of the story started to repeat, but as the missions are finished I cannot go on and make the story again.
After that I was walking through the garden, I realized that there was no more night, in-game time had stopped. I visited the lab to request new missions and the door was locked and the camera above the door was working fine,  maybe like before explosion.
I hope this report helps to solve this problem!

Solved after v 1.1 path! My saves back to work!

Edited by BuddaValley

9 hours ago, Klepto said:

On Xbox after installing the update my dew collectors, mushroom garden, and sap collectors quit working. I recycled them and rebuilt them and they worked but only for one use of 4 drops or 4 shrooms. After I harvested them they no longer produced anything rendering them useless. 

I have the same issue. XBox One X , day 42

as well it seems all drinking water sources from juice boxes, soda cans, and even dew drops have stopped respawning.

And when trying to slurp from my water container I get a message saying “can’t mix different liquids”

When the design change bug occurs for armor, you retain the bonus and set bonus that corresponds with the design. For example, if I equip the grub vest and the design changes to the ladybug armor texture, then the grub vest grants additional blocking strength along with it's original max stamina boost. If the remaining two armor slots have the ladybug texture, regardless of which pieces they are, you will receive the set bonus for ladybug armor. This appears to apply to all combinations that I could put together.

I bought the game on Steam, then cashed in a pile of Microsoft points to get the XBox/Win10 version so I could play multiplayer with my son. I can log in for multiplayer just fine with the Steam version or on the XBox, but can't ever log into the Win10 version on my PC (so can only play singleplayer on the non-Steam PC version).

On 8/6/2020 at 11:45 PM, Tal Lahat said:

I have an inventory bug that I haven't found others reporting it yet.

My inventory has only 29 items yet it says "Inventory full" when I try to pick stuff up, and I can see an empty inventory slot, maybe a ghost item? 

I found a fix.

All you got to do is put everything in a container and "Give up" upon re spawning I found I had a bag with 10 Nectar I didnt have before.

Having the no spawns issue many are having.  Time is NOT frozen.  I'm getting night and day, still, but my dew collectors, mushroom gardens are not respawning in 3 game days so far.  No wild spawns of any kind are respawning.  Flower petals, plants, food items, water, you name it.  I was on a mass resource collection for several game days, and so only noticed because returning to my base at oak tree, no acorns popped, and my dew and gardens were not respawning.  Now, after several more game days, saves and quits and restarts, still no spawns.  Out of water to drink, so out of game until fixed.  Hope it's just a simple trigger and fixed Monday/Tuesday.  LOVE game, but this particular bug effectively ends playability.

On game crash when recycling plants and boards storage, etc.  This happened to me, and I found it to be somewhat random.  I could recycle one, then crash on the other.  Reload, and crash on the first.  So, just save before doing this, and recycle.  If successful, save again, and recycle the next, until finished.  Frustrating, but it WILL get you around the bug.  Took apart a whole base and had to do this for most complex items.  I think it relates to how the items drop when you hit recycle.

Thanks for a great, fun new game.

I can confirm on the Xbox thay removing any piece of a blueprint, or a piece of floor, causes the entire built floor to collapse. When you try and put it back, it won't go under anything you have built on it, such as chests or workbenches.

If you can't work out how to stop it, then can you make it so you can pick up and move non-building items, especially furniture. Or make it so recycle gives back all items.

Cheers

Hi,

During our play we found few bugs:

- Acorn never spawn again (everything spawn how it suppose, even quartzite, but not acorns, we cannot get any more acorns)

- Dew collector - create water only 2 times, and then never again, any of it

- Mushroom garden - the same like Dew Collector, 1 spawn of items then nothing more

- Sap Catcher - the same like above

- My friend just got kicked from the game, and lost all her progress and game force her to do tutorial one more time but with much more higher difficulty, she need drink water which is way more under the map, since we ever been.

Love the game but keep losing gear.

Im playing a multiplayer session with a few buddies and every so often when i load in i spawn without my stuff and it said it was fixed so i hope the team sees this and looks into it further. On Xbox.

Hello.

I report a new bug.

I am European and playing with AZERTY keyboard, so need to bind some key configuration. For the movement, i replace WASD by ZQSD. Not a probleme for this but key binding on building mode doesn't work. I still have Q to rotate element although i change it for A key or anything else. This is annoying because Q is also a movement in my binding. Even reset on Factory default, still got the problem.

I play on 0.1.12193 rel

Still enjoy to play this amazing game.

Good luck.

Edited by MarcoLaws

I'm having the resources not respawning issue as well. Game time is passing (getting night and day) waited 4 days and resources not respawning. Ones that I've noticed Acorns, Flower Petals, & Quartzite. Also not seeing any dew on grass. I have tried verifying the game files and starting a new game, but still having the issue.

Playing on PC (steam)

Edited by whitemareofmabon

I am having an issue that when ever I log out or get kicked out of a multi player game when I am not the host (Happens a lot, even after the last update) my hotbar items have been mixed up.  Even though I have assigned spots for my tools they get randomized.  I assign them by clicking on the tool and then the number I want it assigned to.  I see the assigned indicator in the hot bar so I know it worked.   If I am assigning it incorrectly, please let me know.  

The known issue with a non host player getting kicked out and returning with nothing in inventory and having the start up prompts show up has happened to me and other players when I host.  We work around it by loading a prior save and the player gets their items back.  The problem with this is when it happens and the host has been playing for awhile prior to someone joining, the work around would cause them to lose all their progress and is not really feasible.

I play on a Predator Helios 500 PH517-51  PC with 16 GB Ram, Win 10 through Steam

Edited by Chrissy The Blesser
Added more system info.

Not sure if this is a bug per se but the game mechanics are causing stuttering and I feel will eventually cause the game to crash from having too many items in game.  

I built my base on the baseball and our issue is the grass regrows under the base and pokes through the floor and the collision makes it hard to move around in the base.  We cut down the grass and even tried the suggested leaving of the stumps but it still regrows.  The issue is, we are up to our eyeballs in grass planks that we cannot delete.  We build several pallets to store them but since this is a recurring issue it just isn't practical to keep building them.  We started tossing them into an unused alcove near where the stick is to access the baseball but the pile grows and the grass will not stay stacked and just skitters all over the place. 
Please provide us a way to delete the grass planks.  There will be too many for the game to handle soon and I don't want to lose my game. 

I play on a Predator Helios 500 PH517-51  PC with 16 GB Ram, Win 10 through Steam

Baseball Base small size.png

Grass Piles small sized.jpg

Edited by Chrissy The Blesser
Added more system info.

FORUM BUG – When creating a new account and using 6 characters for password, the form submission for creating new account will fail with error message of “enter a password of at least 6 characters”. I tried 3 times and this happened each time (chrome on windows OS). Changing PW to 8 characters fixed issue.

FORUM BUG - Post limit size? I've got a huge list of issues to report and when pasting in and clicking Submit Reply, the mouse cursor cycles in response to the submission, but there is no error or anything that pops up and the text remains in the editor. As I'm new to this forum it's confusing on whether or not the post is now needing to be approved by moderator (as it says at top) before it appears.   After the test above with PW character issue, clearly my post isn't actually posting. 

Sorry, I've got a huge list. I know some of these are dupes and for that I apologize, but left in case a different perspective on any of them helps. 

Also please note that I have over 20 years Software QA Management specializing in usability and process flows under my belt so some are nit-picky, but I'll leave it up to your Product Owner to prioritize ;). 

If you need further clarification for any of these I am more than happy to discuss further, please email, zoom, or call. I am enjoying many of the things you have implemented so please do not take this list as an "OMG this game needs SO much work". For example, I love the construction radial with "Chopping menu". 

Please note that all of the following is from XBOX One X using 0.1.1.2193. 

Main menu -> Single Player -> Continue should be at top, above New Game, as it is what will be selected most often. This is one of my biggest irks in games because it's such a simple, simple thing to not do. Put what users do most often at the top or as default selection.

From a usability perspective please remove the LB radial hotpouch selection or present another option for its usage. I see why the radial is great as it’s click-direction-click, but other game’s usage of LB RB to select (MC) really sets a standard here.

• Perhaps use RB and LB cycle through them instead of popping up the radial while I am still moving around in the game world.
    • The problem with current implementation is that when the radial is up, I lose half of my ability for movement (right stick direction facing) and it blocks most of my current visibility. If I’m in battle and need to heal? That’s a horrible thing to have happen, especially as I’m backing up and end up being blocked by a piece of grass.
  • Since we just used up the RB button, now set Y to throw as default.
    • Having RT for use and RB for throw at times causes confusion and items are accidentally thrown. Do I really want to throw my bow at an orb spider? Separate the buttons so there's less risk of tools being flung about accidentally. 
    • Having Y as default be “turn off/on trail markers?” when there are way more important, gameplay-wise, needs for a prominent button? It doesn’t make sense (again from usability).
      • Make "turn off trail markers" a configurable option (already is) and leave it at that. 
  • I have been thinking about having an option to cycle by my own means (button mapping, use Y perhaps), but only having one direction of cycle would be pretty painful in a battle so really haven't settled on whether or not one direction of cycling would prove useful. I don't think that it would.

Rotating blueprints is backwards currently WHEN SNAPPING. I expect the LT and RT buttons to do exactly what is shown in the tips popup. But, using the “outward facing” arrow as a guide, watch which direction the point of the arrow moves with LT and RT buttons. It’s opposite from what the tool tip says. And, personally, I feel that they *should* move in the direction of the tool tip and not their current direction. (as in, please fix the turning, don’t just swap the tool tips). Rotation works correctly when it’s free-form floating and not snapping. When the blueprint is trying to snap to something (such as placing a wall on top of flooring) the triggers are now reversed from the non-snapping direction.

There should be a way to move entire stacks into and out of storage without drag and drop. This may be simple with a mouse, it’s not with a controller.  Perhaps hold x to move stack or Y to move stack? Having "customize marker" as a prominent action, when I have to press X individually 10 times to move one stack of sprigs?  That's just mean. Button to move stack should work either moving into storage from backpack or into backpack from storage. 

• Alternatively?
    • LB take all as currently set.
    • RB take/deposit stack. 
  • Other Alternative?
    • Hold X to take/deposit stack.
      • I'm not as much of a fan of this one as it takes more time to press and hold than it does to press. So putting 20 stacks of items into storage just ends up wasting time. 

Juice from Armed Raspberry often spawns and drops through the ground. It seems to be that the juice is there as I approach and it is then rendered and during the rendering process to make it appear on my screen it renders partially underground and ends up just clipping through the ground completely.

I’ve seen an orb spider send a flower petal through the ground just by stepping on it.

Ants (any insect) walking through planks or logs should not send them flying. Record kick I’ve seen so far is an ant walking through a pile of 5 logs I had, and one log ended up 25cm away. (Pile was right next to marker)

Broken items need space in repair menu label after the word “broken”. Use item until broken. In inventory menu select repair on item. Look at top left label “REPAIR BROKENANT CLUB”.  “REPAIR DAMAGED ” is fine, FYI.  

As is mentioned by others, dew not found anywhere in game. Two days worth of dew spawns on a dew spawner and it stops working.

Acorns seem to either now take a very long time to respawn or they’re not respawning either. Which is horrible on my current need for chests.

Grubs dig over roots and leaves as I think I've seen reported elsewhere. 

Ants are not the only ones to steal from chests from a distance. Weevils will also do it  by being under the flooring the chest is on. Even if said flooring is at its maximum height for build.

Door frames clip through flooring of second floor.  Relatively speaking, it's about a "foot" high even though a "foot" is probably closer to 1 mm in game ;). 

When adding walls to wood scaffolding, the walls will be higher than the scaffold. It will not line up with the top where the flooring is. So when making a porch, it’s not possible to wall off the side of the porch and still be able to run off of it as the wall now comes up to the player's midsection and blocks them. Note that window sections can be added that line up perfectly at the top, but this looks weird. 

Speaking of scaffolding. Why is it called scaffolding instead of foundation? We have a clay foundation, which makes sense. But wood is scaffolding? Scaffolding is something that’s built up to allow builders to reach heights to work from as ladders are unsafe. Calling these pieces you build and attach flooring to doesn’t make sense to be called scaffolding. It’s a foundation.

Attacking insects that attack my structures seems a bit too ‘structure destroying’ of an event than it should be (due to MY attacks). I end up doing more damage to the structure than the insects do as I am swinging to get rid of them. I recognize one can stand back a little bit to help avoid that, but if it’s happening under wooden foundations (such as under a house), there’s not any room to move back. It’s just a little clumsy right now.

Weed Killer Peak. Once to the top of the cannister there seems to be no way to jump back onto the sprayer to walk back down. Attempting to jump back onto the sprayer causes you to slide off and fall to your death.  (One shouldn’t be forced to have a glider in hand when exploring this location.)

Why do worn items take precious backpack space? If something is strapped to my legs, how is it taking space in the backpack? This also applies to the hotpouch. If I have items in a ‘pouch’ why do they also take up space in the backpack? With armor, glider, tools, multiple stacks of arrows, food, canteen.. that’s easily two rows of the backpack taken up with just things needed for going out.

Arrows should be more than 20 to a stack. Seriously. Inventory management is already a bit painful as is. 

Why does raw/spoiled meat take up one per inventory slot, but cooked meat can stack? I don't say this to remove the stacking at all, but to clarify why raw and spoiled do not stack. Having them take up one slot per piece of meat seems to start heading down the road of "let's make this an inventory management game!" and that's absolutely not what should be done here. We've all seen how well that works (doesn't) in other games. It just creates tedium.  

(cont. in next post)

Edited by MajorYoshi
Further clarifications.
  • Like 2

Sorry Huge List Continued-

Smoke from sconce clips through flooring (when used as ceiling/second floor flooring).

Because of curved nature of planks for flooring, anything sitting on the flooring clips through and is visible below.

Stun/knockdown from ladybug seems to be too long to me. If hit by a lady bug you’re stunned/knocked down for a couple seconds where you cannot do anything. When the stun wears off you have almost no time at all before the lady bug hits and stuns again. Stun time should not be almost equal to ladybug attack delay.

There currently is no way to grab things out of or while in water. If you fall in water carrying a stack of planks or logs, those planks will float and the logs will be laying in the water. Forever.

Speaking of swimming, there should really be buttons to go up and down without having to map them. Pushing forward while looking up shouldn’t be the only means of movement available.

Speaking of mapping, mapping with a controller currently doesn’t work for “B”. Select something to map, such as swim up. Press “B”, menu goes back one as if I had it B to close.

When mapping controller actions, assigning a currently assigned item does not remove previous. Example, assign left D-pad to inventory. Apply changes, escape from pause menu and go back to game. Now press left on D-pad. Your inventory will open and when it closes the emote window will then pop up.

In the mapping controller section, having button tip text at the bottom and button tip text on the right is awkward. I only just now am realizing I can unbind using X because I was reading the tips at the bottom.

Is there currently no mechanic for forcing grass to not respawn? There should be. Though it should also be reversable too. I have 6 stalks of grass that every few days needs to be cut down as they're RIGHT in front of my house (almost against my stairs, even). 

I can delete things from the game in my inventory. Except anything that is carried on my shoulder (Planks & logs). I should be able to remove those from the game somehow too. 

Tier 2 weeds not respawning. I don't think tier 1 are in my game either. Or they're taking a VERY long time. 

Why am I supposed to analyze everything, but mint chunks and pollen are invalid objects for analyzing?

Running over a dandelion tuft should not punt it into the neighbor’s yard. (ok it isn’t *that* far, but I’ve seen one fly 40cm away (was measured) after running over it.)

Why do I need tier 2 materials to fix some tier 1 tools? An axe made of a pebble and grass absolutely should not need quartzite to repair it. Repairing bows with spider silk seems perfectly cool.

Do mints not respawn? If not, they totally should.

Why is the mint package closed for days and then suddenly it’s open? Did I miss a trigger or something for that or was it based on some other factor? If it is some other factor (such as it opening when you have a tier 2 hammer or X number of days) then that doesn’t make sense unless the mint package is actually somehow omniscient.

Please change the color pallet slightly for either honeydew or nectar. If you look closely enough there is a slight variation in look, but they should just be different enough at a glance without study to see which is which.

Same as above for Acid Gland and Spider Chunk. I shouldn’t have to highlight each in a chest to see which is which. If same model is used, at least change the color.

Bug parts are: Ant – labeled as “part”; Ladybug – “shell”; Bombardier – “leg”; Stinkbug – “Feelers”.  Why all the variation when every crafting recipe calls for “parts” and when selected, each item’s pop up text on the right says “Part” as well. If it’s a “part” then label it as a “part” in the inventory list. The variation can be confusing. Or, alternatively, change the recipes (and pop up text on right in inventory) to have the correct words used. Either call it ladybug shell with a pop up hint text labeled as ladybug shell and have armor recipe call for five ladybug shells. Don’t mix and match “parts” and specific parts since specific pieces actually do exist for each insect (head, gland, etc.) for a reason.

As a separate item but possibly(?) part of above is that parts from an infected weevil are shown in inventory with a weevil picture and label as “parts” yet when selected the popup help text on the right says “fungal growth”. This doesn’t make sense.

When making button mapping changes, LS will apply. If you click LS to apply then B to exit the menu it still pops up saying “you’ve made changes, press A to apply?” Sometimes.. Sometimes it works correctly. I’ve not found what causes the difference here.

In button mapping menu if you enter the same selection twice, nothing will ‘take’. Go to options->controller and scroll down to Swim Up. Select Primary mapping slot on left. In new screen press A to make A swim up. On same selection press A to change from the A we just set to, say, X. No matter what you press (except B) nothing will change the A we set.

When manually saving the game it pops up text saying "Cannot Save: Another save in progress". But, this pops up and goes away so quickly that the only thing we have time to read is "Cannot Save" which makes you think it didn't save because there was an error for some reason. It's not easily visible that a new save was added to the menu because the box for a save slot touches the box below it, this means that inserting a save isn't very visible in the menu when it happens unless you look at the time and date, which I shouldn't have to do for confirmation because of the "error" message I just read.  How about just saying "Saving..." at the top instead? I think we all know that we can't save more than one thing at a time by now in any game. 

In the Quests tab, when moving selection down from Incomplete to Complete, the highlight does not move. There is the "selection triangle" at left side but when moving down to Complete selection it disappears. Note that I currently only have one Incomplete quest (Hunter - Larva). 

Edited by MajorYoshi
Offer alternative suggestion when saving.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Chrissy The Blesser said:

Not sure if this is a bug per se but the game mechanics are causing stuttering and I feel will eventually cause the game to crash from having too many items in game.  

I built my base on the baseball and our issue is the grass regrows under the base and pokes through the floor and the collision makes it hard to move around in the base.  We cut down the grass and even tried the suggested leaving of the stumps but it still regrows.  The issue is, we are up to our eyeballs in grass planks that we cannot delete.  We build several pallets to store them but since this is a recurring issue it just isn't practical to keep building them.  We started tossing them into an unused alcove near where the stick is to access the baseball but the pile grows and the grass will not stay stacked and just skitters all over the place. 
Please provide us a way to delete the grass planks.  There will be too many for the game to handle soon and I don't want to lose my game. 

I play on PC, Win 10 through Steam

Baseball Base small size.png

Grass Piles small sized.jpg

They should allow us to delete Grass planks not being used and on the ground like this. Maby give 3 or 5 ingame day decay timer on all items laying on the ground like this. If it isn't being used or stored it should decay over time. But allow 3 days minimum in game.  Which will allow us time to make Grass plank storage bins to place them proper. And any unwanted ones laying on the ground just decays. Or allow insects to eat them up.

• Like 1

Huge "Sorry so long" list continued.  last post today, I promise. 

(again, Xbox one x)

Can we not harvest spider silk from spider web “teepees”?

If armor and glider were equipped upon death, after respawning and when grabbing all from backpack, items should go back to being equipped. If calculating what was assigned is difficult and opens for issues elsewhere, just eq the first objects encountered into their relevant slots. Me carrying multiple armor sets everywhere all the time seems highly unlikely.

If a ladybug is in “Must Kill Aphid Now” mode on an aphid that the ladybug cannot reach, said ladybug can be killed (note T3 mallet used) without drawing aggro to yourself as you pummel it. Ex., aphid was under rock next to water north of Oak Tree. Ladybug was trying to get to it but could not get under rock. I stood there and bashed it until it died with zero risk to myself.

Welp Flavordrink (East NE of lab entrance) almost never has ‘drink’ available. Yes, I know it rolls downhill a little bit, but I thought for the longest time it didn’t even offer drink as every time I passed by the area I never saw any. Then, one day, there was drink available down the hill just a little. For the most part there is almost never drink here still. (this coupled with the raspberry juice clipping through the ground makes this area a bit thirst-ridden).

When there is a large (15+) list of saves and you delete them, nothing happens for a few seconds, making one wonder wth is going on. Ex., gather many (20ish) saves. Delete one. Note that “DELETE SAVE FILE” pop-up window stays in place even after you press A. After a few seconds the window goes away after the save is deleted. After pressing A, a secondary window saying “Deleting” should appear, or when pressing A this pop up window should disappear and “Deleting…” should appear at the top (where “Saving…” should appear (see previous post)) until the file is deleted.  

When quitting a game and it says “game will be saved” after pressing A for “ok” the bottom of the screen then says “Loading…” as it's saving and exiting. 

Edited by MajorYoshi
  • Like 1

Since this has not been specifically stated here I just wanted to mention that the High Ping issues I was having was on the console (specifically an Xbox One X). We had one person on a PC (Surface Book) and the other on the console. The PC was hosting the game, and had no issues with pinging or frame rates etc. But the Xbox was constantly having High Ping issues with this message being on display in red on the right of the screen. The game was very choppy and on the PC you could see the player teleporting around. it was quite bizarre. This only has been happening since the new update.

We tried restarting the game on the console, restarting the console, soft resetting the console, unplugging the cable on teh console, etc. We also tried logging out of the game on the PC and trying again to see if we have a different server.   All with the same result, ie PC was fine, Xbox was very choppy with High Ping issue.

BTW prior to this happening on the Xbox, we had this strange situation where as soon as we booted into the game, it was in building mode. But it felt like creative mode in Minecraft. We could go up and down and travel everywhere, but we could not get any damage against us and the insects would not register our existence. It was like being a ghost floating around. After the second reboot we loaded normally with the High Ping issue. Originally there was no High Ping in 'ghost' mode. 

Hi all!

Amazing game, but after some update, my game is constantly crashing. I have a Geforce 1070 FTW and a good hardware for gaming. Some gamers are saying that its a problem with directx 12 and you can solve this changing the start options on Steam, but there's not such configuration on Xbox live... What can i do to solve this? Please help!

I am having an issue harvesting the first mint. 
Initially I encountered this when I was not the host.  I had the insect hammer but it would not break the mint.  It just sounded like I was still hitting the lid before it opened.  I kept going back and trying until it finally let me break it. There were no issues with breaking the other mints in the container.   I did give the hammer to the host player and it would not let him mine the mint either.  I chalked this up to sync issues since I was not hosting the game. (This was all prior to the last update)   Except.........................
Now I am hosting and got to this level of the game and am having the same issue (Post update).  Same thing, I cannot break the mint blocking the door.  I have tried about 9 or 10 times and rebooted the game and still no luck.  I am hoping that eventually the game will let me in. 

On 8/8/2020 at 8:53 AM, azonaiya said:

I wanted to report that in my game I had worker ants seeming to disappear, only to be found at the edges of the map trapped under/inside large map features such as rocks and boulders, leading to there being no ant eggs in the nest to find. By day 20ish all worker ants had pretty much disappeared from my other file and I was attempting to hunt them down. I will be playing on 1.1 to see if the same happens, and will report with findings.

I have similar issues with Ladybugs trapped inside the boulders behind the tree near the water. This is on 1.1 version.

Edited by Pranksterjeff