Known Issues List **Updated 1/28/2021**

Can anyone tell me how to force my game to use Directx11 isntead of 12? I've tried looking it up butr i can't find anything that would help me, and if i have to go through Config files in the install location then i might be SOL. I use Game Pass PC to play and have been having the crash problems, googling doesn't seem to be helping me figure out how to fix this problem as nothing i seem to do works. I'm not sure where to look for the Config either.

• Like 2

I've been playing for quite some time and these are the bugs I've encountered. Also I'm playing on Xbox One X. 

1. My in-game time stopped so i can't progress.

2. Ant eggs don't spawn because there are no worker ants in the ant caves. 

3. There are only soldier ants in the ant caves and there are like 10 or 15 of them in every section. 

4. Food won't cook on the roasting spit.

5. The oak lab doors won't open after leaving it. 

6. Ants can hit my chests through the walls and my base is high above ground. 

7. Its not really a bug but you can't get your head fully above water even with swim up mapped. 

Thank you for making such an amazing game. Hope these get fixed in this months update because i love this game.

maybe new issues:

1. The aiming of third person view is not accurate. If you aiming and shoot in third person, the arrow end up left form the aiming Point / Cross. In first Person it is correct.

2. Not and real a negative issue, but  some of the Acorn close to the Oak respawn intant after harvested.

3.  Dropping multiple items isn't possible. Only trashing... Often you need to drop off items to loot more important ones.. in stressful situations.. like Spider incoming or so. You need to click every stacked item to drop ... and die ;)

Thanks for issue Overview...

Best regards Frost 

My girlfriend and I have been playing this game online together. She is on an original Xbox one and I’m on the Xbox one x. She has been having an issue with the menus or inventory screen freezing up her game and not allowing her to do anything but close the app. I was running as host and would close out of the game session and reload to combat the issue but it was only a short lived fix. After being killed by a spider she was unable to access her backpack without the issue locking her up. We tried a few times before I got the idea to try having her host the game but we had no luck with that either. This game has all kinds of promise and we look forward to playing when this issue can be addressed or have a proper workaround because at this point we hit the unplayable wall unfortunately. I appreciate your time and attention with this and can’t wait to see this game evolve! 

PS I haven’t had any issues like this on my Xbox one x 

Thanks!

Edited by HookahvilleNugz
Extra info

Wife and I were playing earlier today. She is on Xbox One S and I'm on Xbox One X. Are internet is good and both consoles have a wired connection. At any rate she usually hosts the game and I join off of her. I notice there seems to be a lot of spikes in ping. Also, I'll get kicked. I've noticed most of the time I'm kicked its when swimming in water, like the pond or bird bath. Just seems like there is a ping spike, while swimming etc. This past time I was kicked, swimming in the pond, high ping. Loaded back in ALL my stuff was gone and I started from the beginning. I started receiving the tutorials prompts etc. I guess when you guys push out your first big update, I'll revisit the game then. I do like what you have done so far. Take care.

Other issues...

1.  The Lure Arrows should be diappear after an period of time. In my game the arrows lie about two or three game days. It lures a lot of Ants which do not disappear or despawn. So maybe they are stucked and cannot operate on other LureSpots or threats.

2. Quartzite don't respawn in the Mite - Cave where the cable goes into, close to the Baseball

I've played a lot of hours with a friend (i'm on fat Xbox and my friend in PC). In a certain moment i've tried to recycle a item with a grass plank in hands and the game crashed. After that i can't load games anymore. The games crashes after the select character screen. I tried to cleanup all saved games, reinstaled the game and started a new game over again. After play for a time I saved the game and quit. Tried load the game and It crashed again, even after begin a New game. I think i can't progress in the game, because after play and sabe the game crashes in load.

Anyway, congratulations. The game is amazing, beauty, fun and addictive! Thank you ;)

My friend and I have been playing, and it has been fun for sure! We ran into a problem where we were putting items in the storage baskets, but one was bugged and the deposit button was grayed out. When you tried to put items in that specific storage basket they disappear completely.

On 7/28/2020 at 2:29 PM, SChin said:

Known Issue: Oak Tree Lab doors will not open for players. 
Workaround: You can attempt to enter the Oak Tree Lab using the back entrance through the abandoned anthill in the south-east area of the oak tree. However, players may need to start a new game in order to continue progression while we continue to investigate. 

@SChin and @Shyla, I made a video on how to climb the anthill wall. The workaround for the Oak Tree Lab Door Locked bug, I was struggling with it yesterday. Maybe if anyone has the same problem, it could help them. Here is the link: 

Content Creator for Grounded at Youtube and Grounded Dossier  

We have experiences a bug which is making the game very annoying to play for my girlfriend. We play co-op with me on PC and her on xbox. :

Basially, when using her axe to cut down grass or anything else, she can hit it once and then after that it switches to melee automatically and so she has to re-equip the axe every time to cut something. 

We previously fixed it by going back to autosaves but I've tried every old one now and the bug is happening on all of them. 

If any of you have any suggestions on a workaround for this I'd really appreciate it!

EDIT: I have figured out a workaround myself./

So it seems the bug is that the axe was actually broken, but it said it had full health and I was unable to repair it. But the animation when I tried to use it was if it were broken. So I was able to fix by just deleting it and creating a new one. So if you have the same issue try doing that even if it appears the weapon is at full durability and you cant repair it at all.

Edited by davie18

Issue: 

Mouse isn’t working on Xbox one right now, so happy it seems like they are planning on supporting mouse and keyboard though. Xbox needs more games like it. 

Great game so far though! I hope after a while in the backyard they open a park or Forrest expansion with a big pond/body of water and lean into having things like rafts and boat bases. I think it would add a lot in terms of feeling like you’re in the wild trying to survive in such an open style of map. Not to mention all the possible wildlife you could come across out there

Greetings! 

I built a camp in the maroon can, thinking spiders couldn't get inside. I also set it as my spawn point. A spider ended up getting inside and proceeded to kill me over and over again as I spawned (which was frustrating but also hilarious). Eventually I spawned back at the original starting location. When I went to get my bag it shows it stuck underground. What's also odd is that it moves around, as if has legs of its own. The spider was gone when I went back.

I built a water container and filled it with a single substance (water, not juice). When I go to drink from it it gives me the error that it can only contain one type of substance. So, I can store water in there, but I can't drink from it.

I destroyed it and built another and made sure I only collected water to fill it up, but same error.

(this is for Xbox)

9 minutes ago, Jared Wellman said:

I built a water container and filled it with a single substance (water, not juice). When I go to drink from it it gives me the error that it can only contain one type of substance. So, I can store water in there, but I can't drink from it.

I destroyed it and built another and made sure I only collected water to fill it up, but same error.

(this is for Xbox)

Try putting away what is in your hand to drink, have nothing in your hands and drink. It should work.

Having a wonderful time with this game :) Thank you so much for the work so far.
Here are a few issues, in no particular order, that we have experienced in our play time for the last couple of days:

Both of my children, Joining the game i am hosting, have a bug where after they swing a weapon/item it will unequip after it hits something as if it's breaking.
>As an example, using the axe to chop down grass they will hit the grass stem and the axe will unequip after making the first hit leaving them punching the grass with subsequent attacks.
One of them has this also happen with all weapons, but the other can use weapons without issue.

We also ran into a problem where one of my kids couldn't pickup items from the floor (If i dropped her mushrooms for example) but she could pick them from the wild and take things from chests.

Various crashes without obvious causes. Latest one this evening was when trying to recycle the grass pallet thing.

The Glowing Shroom Sconces stopped emitting light at some point and i had to recycle and rebuild them.

Trying to revive each other very often fails, making you have to adjust your position/camera a bit before you can successfully complete the revive.

The drink container thing, when filled, can't be used by myself (Host) or my son, but my daughter (who built and filled it) can drink from it fine. 
>We get the error message "cannot mix liquids" or something similar.

Sometimes when trying to pick up an item, we will get told our inventories are full, when they aren't.

The carry bonus from Ant armour sometimes shows that you can carry more Planks than you are actually able to hold. OR the bug is that you can't carry as many as you are supposed to!

Trouble placing blueprints (specifically with walls/palisades)

On 7/28/2020 at 2:29 PM, SChin said:

Thank you for playing Grounded!  Grounded is currently in Game Preview/Early Access, and as such, unfortunately has a few... bugs, pardon the pun.  The team is working hard to update the game often and below are some workaround that may be helpful.  If you find an issue that isn't listed here, or on the Technical Support forum, please Contact Us and include as much information as possible. 

MAJOR 

• Known Issue: Some players are unable to start or join multiplayer games. 
    Workaround: We are aware of this issue and are working to get this sorted so everyone can play with their friends.  Some players have reported that trying multiple times eventually got them into a lobby. 

• Known Issue: Some players are unable to see each other's multiplayer lobbies. 
    Workaround: Make sure you and your friends are following each other on the Xbox app to become "friends".  If you are already friends, we have discovered that this can be caused by time sync issues and are currently working to get a fix in for this.  If you and your friends adjust your system clocks to match, this can sometimes bypass the issue until the fix is in. 

• Known Issue: Some Steam players are experiencing crashing or freezing on the login screen.  This seems to be most commonly affecting Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 players. 
    Workaround: We have just pushed an update to Steam for Windows 7 players and are testing a fix for Windows 8.1.  Some players have reported that giving the game permissions in their anti-virus has allowed them to bypass this issue.  Some Steam players have also reported being able to play Single-player if they put Steam in Offline Mode. 

• Known Issue: Some Xbox One players are not able to get past the welcome screen when launching the game as the game attempts to interact with the screen behind it. 
    Workaround: Some players have reported repeatedly pressing the Start Button or connecting a keyboard has been able to bypass this issue.  Others have reported restarting the game to help as well. 

• Known Issue: There is a known issue with Radeon R series graphics cards and Game Pass PC crashing related to a DirectX 12 error. 
    Workaround: Some players have reported forcing DirectX 11 has resolved the issue. 

• Known Issue: Game crashes while loading into the game. 
    Workaround: We are currently looking into this issue and are currently working on it to get everyone into the game playing. 

• Known Issue: Save files disappearing either after crashing, closing the game, or moving back to the main lobby. 
    Workaround: We are currently looking into this issue. If you are experiencing this save file issue, please send us your save files, located in the following folders: 
    C:\Users[USERNAME]\Saved Games\Grounded Windows 10 
    C:\Users[USERNAME]\Saved Games\Grounded 
    Send to: support@obsidian.net

• Known Issue: Steam users who input their Xbox credentials incorrectly the first time are unable to re-enter them.  
    Workaround: Some players reported that logging out, turning off Steam Cloud, uninstalling the game, reinstalling the game, launching Grounded, and then turning Steam Cloud back on has allowed them to be able to re-enter their credentials. We are still investigating this issue. 

• Known Issue: Players returning to a multiplayer game with friends will sometimes not have the items on them that they left with. 
    Workaround: Sometimes relogging into the game will bring the items back. This issue is still being investigated. 

• Known Issue: Some players report that the game will crash when they reach the 8th day in the game. 
    Workaround: No known workaround at this time. This issue is still being investigated. 

• Known Issue: It has been reported from some players that recycling an item while holding a weed stem or grass plank will cause them to crash. 
    Workaround: No known workaround at this time. This issue is still being investigated. 

WORLD 

• Known Issue: Stuck in spider web / destroying spider web leaves player stuck in invisible spider web. 
    Workaround: Using the "Give Up" feature in the main menu to respawn at your spawn location, dying in the game to respawn, or relogging the game will fix this issue. This issue is still being investigated. 

• Known Issue: BURG.L disappears from the Oak Tree Lab. 
    Workaround: From what we have seen, this seems to occur most often after players attack BURG.L and then walk away or exit the game. No known workaround at this time, players may need to start a new game in order to continue progression while we continue to investigate. 

• Known Issue: Oak Tree Lab doors will not open for players. 
    Workaround: You can attempt to enter the Oak Tree Lab using the back entrance through the abandoned anthill in the south-east area of the oak tree. However, players may need to start a new game in order to continue progression while we continue to investigate. 

• Known Issue: Attempting to recycle certain items in the game will cause the game to crash, such as grass plank palettes, weed stem palettes, and dew collectors are some of the reported items. 

• Known Issue: Sometimes while attempting to cook or dry an item will cause the game to crash. 

• Known Issue: Sometimes respawning at your lean-to will cause you to spawn under the world. 
    Workaround: Some players have reported that relogging helps them. This issue is still being investigated. 

• Known Issue: Spiders will sometimes spawn camp players if they are able to enter the base and kill them there. 

• Known Issue: Players have reported an influx in larva in the game after playing for a while which can cause lag spikes or crashes. 

• Known Issue: Ants are sometimes able to steal items from players and storage containers from a decent distance away. 

• Known Issue: Some players report that the mushroom garden and roasting spit will sometimes stop working, not growing mushrooms or cooking items on the spit. 

• Known Issue: Some insects are able to walk through building structures and even climb up to different building levels. 

• Known Issue: Raw Science stops spawning in the game. 
    Workaround: No known workaround at this time, players may need to start a new game in order to continue progression while we continue to investigate.

• Known Issue: Raw Science can sometimes double if a friend joins your multiplayer game. 

• Known Issue: Insects that fall into the water do not drown. 

• Known Issue: Some players report that they are not able to properly place a sap collector. 

• Known Issue: Some players report that when they die, their backpacks fall under the world causing them to lose all of their items. 

• Known Issue: Players report that in multiplayer games, sometimes only the host can see or interact berries. 

• Known Issue: Some players report that items will not stay in their storage containers. 

• Known Issue: Some players are having an issue where attempting to drink from the canteen gives them the error message "Can't Mix Liquids". 

• Known Issue: Grubs appear to spawn on any surface, such as dried leaves near the Oak Tree. 

• Known Issue: Reports have been made where players are having difficulties placing blueprints when building their bases. 

• Known Issue: Players have reports that sometimes after chopping down a dandelion, they will be able to kick the stems and dandelion tufts up into the air. 

GAME 

• Known Issue: Some players are loading into saved games to find their inventory missing. 
    Workaround: There is currently no workaround for this, but the team is investigating for a fix. 

• Known Issue: Game settings not saving when reentering the game. 
    Workaround: No know workaround at this time. This issue is still being investigated. 

• Known Issue: In-game time stops, not allowing for further progression in the game. 
    Workaround: No known workaround at this time, players may need to start a new game in order to continue progression. 

• Known Issue: Some Xbox players report that having more than one controller turned on will sometimes cause them to no longer be able to properly interact with menus. 
    Workaround: You can turn off one of the controllers and then restart your game in order to resolve this. This issue is still being investigated. 

• Known Issue: Some players report that sometimes crashing out of the game will cause the player to lose all items and progress. 
    Workaround: No know workaround at this time. This issue is still being investigated. 

UI 

• Known Issue: Trail markers will sometime toggle off without the player choosing to do so. 

• Known Issue: Players report that their save files show a different difficulty setting than what they actually selected and were playing in. 
    Workaround: This is a visual bug and starting up your save should put you in the correct difficulty you selected at the start. This issue is still being investigated. 

• Known Issue: Creating a custom marker and then opening the map to center on this customer marker will cause the game to crash. 

• Known Issue: Players report flashing lights or bright colorful lights will sometimes appear around the edges of their game. 

• Known Issue: Sometimes when shooting an arrow, the game will leave a duplicated arrow in front of the player. 

• Known Issue: Some players report that their Acorn Mask will sometimes change its look into a different design. 

AUDIO 

• Known Issue: In-game voice chat is automatically set to "On activity" after restarting the game or joining a multiplayer game. 
    Workaround: Changing the setting and changing it back should temporarily fix it. 

• Known Issue: Voice controls in the game do not turn off. 
    Workaround: Some players report that turning the option to "Always On" and then back to "Never" will fix this. This issue is still being investigated. 

• Known Issue: Game audio distorts for some players, adding static to the game or distorting the character voices. 
    Workaround: Relogging into the game may help fix this. This issue is still being investigated. 

• Known Issue: Some players are able to hear sounds from their friends' game while their friends are far away. Example: hearing ladybug noises while you don't see any but your friends are near one. 

COMMON QUESTIONS 

• Known Issue: There are no language options other than English. 
    Workaround: Unfortunately we do not yet have translations for the Game Preview / Early Access version of Grounded.  We will be getting translation in during the remaining development of the game. 

We appreciate all of these reports, and we will keep you up to date on the progress. Also, at any time please feel free to reach out to us directly at support@obsidian.net

You have listed that one of the issues with difficulty settings changing from what we select is just visual. But i tested it and its not just visiual at least for me. Unless im mistaken friendly fire shouldnt be able to happen in mild. And that is what me and my friends started our game on, and what it says on save files. however in lobby it says medium and doesnt allow us to change, and friendly fire is definitely enabled. 

Spawn distance / clear spawn view of spiders.

Somewhere in the yard there are low hanging trees with purple berries attached to them. Around this area spawn spiders. With such a clear vision of a wide area we were able to see the spiders just spawn in. (appear and fall from the sky). This doesnt seem to be how it should work. 

Repair tool

Repair tool doenst work on all my structures. some walls and doors i can easily repair while others dont seem to react to me smacking it with the tool

Building

Snapping of templates doesnt work correctly yet. Lot of fiddling is needed to place a wall or window where you want it to be.

Graphical bug

Spraying a wolv spider full of arrows seems to have broken the miniature spell/curse/sciencemistake of some arrows. 2 of my arrows returned to their 'regular' giant size in the world (without the mass and size, just the visual). 
I shall post a screenshot when i encounter it again.

Edited by Paul Veenstra
Additional bug added

Klicking on "Trail Markers" in the Map View causes the game to crash. (Both for me and a friend of mine) Happens in singleplayer and multiplayer.

Sprig bow animation is glitched for the non-host in our multiplayer game. Screenshot attached. Also the arrow count doesn't change when you change arrow types. It always displays the amount of normal arrows.

We've also been running into some crashes in multiplayer but i can't place them yet. Will do an update when i seem to have found a cause.

20200804180945_1.jpg

12 minutes ago, Nemnem92 said:

Hi guys 

I have an amd Radeon r9 furry and the game always crash when I leave the "spawn cave" 

How can I force dx11 when I play o' pc with the Xbox game Pass? 

Thanks for your games, it looks awesome!! 

I also have an r9 and I also want to know how to force direct x 11.

On 8/1/2020 at 5:09 PM, SashaDKV said:

Can anyone tell me how to force my game to use Directx11 isntead of 12? I've tried looking it up butr i can't find anything that would help me, and if i have to go through Config files in the install location then i might be SOL. I use Game Pass PC to play and have been having the crash problems, googling doesn't seem to be helping me figure out how to fix this problem as nothing i seem to do works. I'm not sure where to look for the Config either.

Same here

• Like 1