Known Issues List **Updated 1/28/2021**

Thank you for playing Grounded! Grounded is currently in Game Preview/Early Access, and as such, unfortunately has a few… bugs, pardon the pun. The team is working hard to update the game often and below are some workarounds that may be helpful.

To help make sure we share the most up-to-date information with you regarding current known issues in Grounded, we will utilize our Grounded Issue Tracker. Feel free to bookmark this page as it provides us with more opportunities to share the current status on known issues and when specific fixes have been applied.

We appreciate all of these reports, and we will keep you up to date on the progress. Also, at any time please feel free to reach out to us directly at support@obsidian.net.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

Hey there.

I've found 2 issues:

Some times the game crash and then display the message that my video driver has stopped. When I try to open it again, the game always crash on the loading screen before the menu and the only way to play it again is restarting my PC. (I have a RX570).

The second problem I believe it's a bug. I just can't build floor. It just doesn't show up in the building menu. (I already get grass planks, what I believe would be enough to learn this recipe...)

Thanks guys for the game... 🙂

First of all I’d like to thank you for creating such an amazing game! This is such a neat idea and I’m enjoying it thoroughly. The issues you’ve listed above, I’ve experienced them a little bit but nothing to complain or report about. But seeing as your team needs feedback to make this game the best it can be, I figured I’d share the few bugs/glitches I have come across (which are only 2 so far).

The first one.
When chopping blades of grass, I noticed the very first time I did this that I got around 4-8 pieces (I could be very wrong about that) and then on others I would get like 2 or 3. When I chopped them, I’d watched them hit the ground and they would glitch or something and most of them would disappear. At first I was laughing because I thought the ants were stealing them 😂😂 but then I realized they weren’t. 

The second and last one.

It’s about the grass blades, as well. When I have finally cut the grass down and go to collect them and ‘Unload’ them, the first few started to disappear into the ground. That’s really all I have to say about this one. I unloaded the grass. They disappeared and I think that’s not supposed to happen?

So yeah, that’s all the glitches/bugs (no pun intended 😂sorry I had to lol) that I have come across so far. 
Keep up the amazing work! 🖤🤍

• Like 3

First Off love the game! reminds me of "honey, i shrunk the kids". Ok with that said.

Game issues noticed thus far.

1. Sometimes when chopping down things (grass, dandelions, etc) the character gets stuck in animation and stamina is completely drained. You cannot switch items or do anything but move and jump until you log out of game.

2. After completing the mission to place a marker at Spade Gulch given by BURG.L the Oak lab locks and is inaccessible to turn in the quests. At that point  the quest disappeared from our logs. The tree is no longer on fire and it looks like it wanted us to do the laser mission again. Problem here is the lasers can't be interacted with again.

3. When placing items in storage containers; they sometimes disappear from both the container and personal inventory. Sometimes when moving items around in the container the items will reappear. Other times it will show up on ground around the box or in personal inventory after logging out and back in.

4. When placing Grass Planks and Weed Stems on the ground and not in Log Pallet or Plank Pallet and you walk over the items. You will be LAUNCHED to about window level of house and fall back to the ground and die (unless you have the dandelion equipped)

5. Also when relogging into game after crash/boot. All gear and items show full repair until used for harvesting, defending, or attacking. Then it shows correct amount of durability.

I played for about 8 hrs and this is what I found so far. If these things were fixed and more types of mobs are added. This game could be the next ARK Survival Evolved and game would be worth $60. I look forward to seeing how this game progresses.

Edited by Afway

Thank you all for the continued reports! We have been compiling everything and sending them off for investigation. I also updated Sam's post to include more reported issue and any workaround we may have for those issues. We are still at work trying to investigate everything being reported, so thank you for your reports and patience!

• Like 3

Loving the game so far! Excited to see the progress that comes.

Biggest issues I've found, that has caused me a lot of frustration, after every "attack" with a tool/weapon it un-selects from my hand and I have to press a hotkey to get it back. So while I'm trying to attack with a weapon, after every hit I have to press 3 to draw my weapon to be able to attack again.

Hi! 

First thank you for your very great game, I am really having many fun with it :)

Also, I am an xbox one x player, and I would like to report you that my game crashes when I pushed the "A" Button on a gray ingredient by error in the roasting spit's menue. The game stoped, black screen, and come back to the xbox's menu... 

Thank you for your help, I can't wait to see the game "grow up" ;)

(Sorry for my English, I am French) 

This is a great game! Truly refreshing and captivating!

I've been playing with my brother via crossplay (me on PC and him hosting the game on Xbox) and for the most part we've had only a few issues, some more severe than others:

1. Grass planks unloaded on the ground sometimes fall through the ground/disappear (Experienced on both Xbox and PC).
  2. When using the mouse to move stacks of items between storage and inventory, occasionally the transaction doesn't commit after closing the menu and the stack that was to be moved remains in it's original location (Experienced on PC).
  3. Moving items from inventory to storage can sometimes causes the item to disappear.
  4. Occasionally, when a drop of juice falls out of The Tropicop Punch box near the mysterious machine, it creates a large, ripply, wavy corona that engulfs the area surrounding the juice box before subsiding back into the drop of juice (Experienced on PC).
  5. The drops of juice around the Tropicop Punch box near the mysterious machine occasionally have strange graphical errors on/near them and show several random items scattered around like such (Experienced on PC):Clipboard01.jpg.2b7f39740c7d63a2cda67e420bf71fc3.jpg
  6. The game sometimes randomly crashes during normal game play, usually while running somewhere (Experienced on PC).

There may be more bugs that aren't coming to mind right now, but I'll try to post more if I come across any.

Edited by smthng_fnny
Tried to make descriptions more clear

I purchased the game on steam.

I have a gtx 650.

I have windows 7.

When i first launched the game it asked for my Xbox live info. I entered it and verified all security emails sent to me.

The game didn't login.

I restarted grounded, it loads the game and I see "click any button". Then when I click a button, it starts to spin saying logging in. After about 70 seconds the music in the background disappears. Then about another 60 seconds after that, the game closes with no errors, and I'm back at my steam window.

The game will not log in.

I have uninstalled, made sure the whole c++ family is on my pc, updated my video card drivers, ensured windows defender and windows firewall were off. I have no anti virus software. I see no records in the event log detecting errors or warnings during the time I was trying to log into the game.

If I start steam offline, I can run the game with no problems. It loads quick and is painless. The issue is logging into my Xbox live account, or what ever action is taking place upon login. The handshake between steam and xbox live is not happening for me. All my friends are playing and they are making fun of my computer. This is not the toasters fault.

On 7/28/2020 at 8:21 PM, AJR13 said:

Hey there.

I've found 2 issues:

Some times the game crash and then display the message that my video driver has stopped. When I try to open it again, the game always crash on the loading screen before the menu and the only way to play it again is restarting my PC. (I have a RX570).

The second problem I believe it's a bug. I just can't build floor. It just doesn't show up in the building menu. (I already get grass planks, what I believe would be enough to learn this recipe...)

Thanks guys for the game... 🙂

U have to get the chip that's on the ground next to the robot the  purchase multi layered buildings to unlock floors

Two issues that i noticed other haven't already mentioned.

1) Bug pathing of Ants (happend at the start of two separate games cause a pile up of ants. Followed by them to completely disappear from the area with not further spawns. (See picture below for pile)

unknown.png?width=810&height=384

2) Science(SR) is Jacked -- it doesn't always appear in each game (Primarily single player). I am talking about the SR that appears in the world for example I played 3 separate games all of different difficulty and none had SR in the Oak tree lab or other various spots. It only appeared for me in Multi-player. However, rates were much different from this streamers video (as in 10 times as much).

Also the comments in the provided youtube video show other people experiencing this problem. 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/H8G56e6y4Q4

Edited by credwig
  • Like 1

Here are some more bugs I found

If you put juice in a water tank you can't drink it it says can't mix liquids

Hard crashes on guests can reset them like they never been on the world

Using arrows to shoot down Berry's takes two one gets stuck in the air often

Sometimes as a guest you can't pick up items up off the floor but you can others 

And ants looting chest through walls and floors

Loving the game so far. Here are a few issues I noticed. 

Game crashes when trying to recycle pallet, but beating it with a hammer til it breaks worked for me once. However, attempting to break another pallet using the hammer caused a crash.

Gnats can fly underwater and boop into you if you are swimming. 

Sometimes the top saved game from main menu is an older save... loading again from within the pause menu seems fine.

No option to overwrite previous saves or name them, so hundreds of save files and difficult to discern between different games/characters.

Crouching does not appear to affect chances of being noticed by a hostile bug.

Edited by ace_spades00

5 hours ago, Spectralnite said:

im pretty sure that the sap collector on xbox one is broken there is no interaction with it once its placed no way to open screen to take sap

I think ya just pick it up iv seen sap in one before it takes time like when water droplets spawn

Edited by Quickxdeathxo2