XBOX game pass fraud? no: microsoft store region problems

Hello,

I took the next day off and got me the Xbox Game Pass for PC, which is at very affordable 1€ for one month, then 4€ for the next months and so on.

Even on your pages, and the microsoft store earlier on, it was said XBOX GAME PASS FOR PC will have it included. 

And NOW what do you guess? Microsoft store says you need XBOX GAME PASS ULTIMATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEre in the netherlands such **** is ILLEGAL and false advertising. Now will someone call those Store app people and tell them to release it AS YOU BOTH ADVERTISED please!

A sincerely dissapointed prospect fan with screenshots, just go look at your own "news" here on obsidian dangit.....

Edited by Banditos666
removed tag and updated title

I have gamepass for PC and i'm playing the game right now. You don't need Ultimate, you just need to download the Xbox app and all the games are there for you. The Microsoft store has nothing to do with Gamepass, there you can buy the game and that's it.

49 minutes ago, Almaar said:

I have gamepass for PC and i'm playing the game right now. You don't need Ultimate, you just need to download the Xbox app and all the games are there for you. The Microsoft store has nothing to do with Gamepass, there you can buy the game and that's it.

Same here, I have standard Gamepass on PC, works fine for me.

On 7/29/2020 at 3:55 AM, Banditos666 said:

Hello,

I took the next day off and got me the Xbox Game Pass for PC, which is at very affordable 1€ for one month, then 4€ for the next months and so on.

Even on your pages, and the microsoft store earlier on, it was said XBOX GAME PASS FOR PC will have it included. 

And NOW what do you guess? Microsoft store says you need XBOX GAME PASS ULTIMATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEre in the netherlands such **** is ILLEGAL and false advertising. Now will someone call those Store app people and tell them to release it AS YOU BOTH ADVERTISED please!

A sincerely dissapointed prospect fan with screenshots, just go look at your own "news" here on obsidian dangit.....

Let's be clear here, someone can correct me if I am wrong in my assumptions.

Xbox Game Pass : There are actually two of these, one is for Xbox and the other is for PC and is currently in beta. Xbox Game Pass also includes Xbox Live.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate : Is the combination of Xbox Live, Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass PC (beta).

So it is not false advertising.

Hello @CyberAngel

Thank you for your reply and sorry in advance if I sound too frustrated. I appreciate anyone offering their viewpoints. 

So.

If you look at almost all the posts made by obsidian they NEVER said it will be available on the game pass ULTIMATE.

All their post sid: it will be available on xbox game pass and xbox game pass for pc<<----- even in the last post 2 days ago "it's time to get grounded"

That pass is now available for 5 euro (first month 1euro) and has the grounded - game preview as title and was also the demo they used.

Now i have screenshot that after release the only title i had appear (on both the microsoft store and the xbox app @YooooooLago btw) is still grounded and on the game page grounded - game preview. Still that page has ther buy options and all info and details. And as I said the mention "available with xbox game pass ultimate" only appeared after release.

I even had online chat with support of Microsoft store. That very helpful fella Imad made me change the region of PC to US and... lo and behold... the game started up via the xbox app!!!!

I ended the convo (thanked the man profoundly, I know secondhand how people treat u as garbage on support when they do not feel helped, please always be kind to the person and angry at "the company") got myself installed after 2 hours after release while friend where having fun, in what is a great game to be. 

And... in the main menu it would no longer connect correctly with xbox services due to those regions settings and Netherlands really being a bitch about those kind of things I guess.

Soooooooooo.....  I coughed up the frikken full price on STEAM and decided to play it that way seeing as, like I said, they ADVERTISED IT TO BE RELEASED TO SPECIFIC SUBSCRIPTION AND THEN IN NETHERLAND THEY ****ED UP SOMEWHERE SOMEHOW and i fo not want to take the ultimate subscription.

TLDR: if for example a provider of TV channels and movies has three forms of subscription, with incremental price ranges where the top is the ULTIMATE package for the newest blockbusters and you have the CHEAPSKATE pack for a bunch of lesser channels and movies. Then it would be clear that if they said "new remake of honey I shrunk thee kids will be available to all CHEAPSKATE subscriptors" that does not imply you need the ULTIMATE package.

Or am I really wrong in this?

Edited by Banditos666
changed "say" into "said" to be correcter

Apparently i am not wrong and from today the store allows me to play it via the game pass for PC.

either some mods here did a reporting or the friendly guy Imad from microsoft support got the message through, but without changing anything, and even uninstalling my steam grounded to be sure, the game works as advertised. Also the text in microsoft store has changed from needing ultimate to show the play button and a text "included with game pass"

Thus NO this was NOT FALSE ADVERTISING but rather very likely a MICROSOFT NATIONAL/LOCAL/REGIONAL STORE F***-UP completely by accident.

I am now in the process of asking for a steam refund to my wallet and hope they have understanding for the situation,

I will try to remove the tag of false advertising but suggest leaving the rest here if any other region/place might get same issue later or now.

Now lets not waste more time and enjoy this little marvel of a game.

many thanks for the replies,

Edited by Banditos666
extrq info

34 minutes ago, Banditos666 said:

Apparently i am not wrong and from today the store allows me to play it via the game pass for PC.

either some mods here did a reporting or the friendly guy Imad from microsoft support got the message through, but without changing anything, and even uninstalling my steam grounded to be sure, the game works as advertised. Also the text in microsoft store has changed from needing ultimate to show the play button and a text "included with game pass"

Thus NO this was NOT FALSE ADVERTISING but rather very likely a MICROSOFT NATIONAL/LOCAL/REGIONAL STORE F***-UP completely by accident.

I am now in the process of asking for a steam refund to my wallet and hope they have understanding for the situation,

I will try to remove the tag of false advertising but suggest leaving the rest here if any other region/place might get same issue later or now.

Now lets not waste more time and enjoy this little marvel of a game.

many thanks for the replies,

Glad to hear you got it working.

The point I was actually trying to make out to you, is that you may have bought Xbox Game Pass for the Xbox and not for the PC. But as it seems to be working now, I guess it wasn't that or the guy from Microsoft converted it to a Xbox Game Pass PC (beta).

Yes that could be a problem, but in the xbox app one could check under "my subscriptions" which game pass they have. 

Addmitently microsoft does a "great job" making all their packages very "clear": xbox live, xbox gold, xbox game pass for pc, xbox ultimate.....