It's Time to get Grounded!

grounded-release.jpg

Our latest project, Grounded, is now available!

In Grounded, you find that you have been shrunken down to the size of an ant, and the backyard has turned into a place where the mundane has become fantastical! You will need to gather, craft, explore, build, fight, and survive the backyard either solo or with up to 3 friends!

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/962130/Grounded/

Also, as this game is in early development, we look forward to hearing your feedback while you explore the backyard. You can send us feedback anytime while playing the game by accessing the "Feedback" option in the main menu. You can also join our Discord community so you can share your suggestions and feedback in order to help shape the development of the game, or use these forums to share your thoughts here!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I love every premise of this game, the beginning story was short but I get the idea. Game play has been good, I'm sure there will be tweaks. The crafting has been excellent so far.

I hope you go full Lego movie with this and we get some FMV in the middle of it and that the whole game is based on a kid battling cancer, dealing with his own struggles to beat it, and come on top, that would be awesome..... just a thought......

I've been playing since the very release and I have to say this game is fantastic. There's so many things that can be added to this game, new building recipes, new plants, different biomes, different types and level tools, a bugjillion different types of insects such as stick bugs, worms, leeches, different type of fish, spiders, ants, larvae, wasps, mosquitos, Flys, horse Flys, ticks, and even non insect creatures such as a bird boss, squirrels, chipmunks, frogs, toads, king beetles. There can be events that happen, the creation and imagination in this game can be limitless. Looking forward to seeing more updates more bugs and more stuff and things!

However given that its still early there is always bound to be "bugs" pun indeed. And  few I have notice and i dont know if they have been talked about but the spawn of insects are not properly working atleast thats what i would assume with the way one day you'll see 1000 larvae in one area. I captured myself killing 64 larvae by a ant hill with the mint mallet, it was not fun. Also alot of the bug ui isn't quite clean, and by that I mean bugs are getting stick in grass, inside rocks, and under the map. This can cause alot of issues because if they're stuck there then more are able to get stuck which this can cause the lack of resources able to be harvested by the player to get items such as lady bug parts for lady bug armor insect are etc. There is no way of really fixing that by the player either. I'm sure it'll hopefully get fixed eventually and hopefully soon. This game is a child hood dream for most im sure getting to re live "honey I shrunk the kids" and the whole team of obsidian has done a fantastic job with this award winning game. 

Sincerely, Jade.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 7:11 PM, christopher reece said:

Love the game guys, just one question How is there not a Tree house to explore....most backyards with a tree eventually have one growing up as a kid!

maybe there is one beyond our view.  gotta remember we're the size of ants, tree house would be at least 10 ft up in the tree, at least mine growing up and all my friends that had them were that high.  our view limit is around a foot or so off the ground.

That said, hopefully this will be something they add that we can explore in the future.

Xbox One X

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2020 at 9:11 PM, christopher reece said:

Love the game guys, just one question How is there not a Tree house to explore....most backyards with a tree eventually have one growing up as a kid!

Or a dog house or swing set or trampoline. 

• 1 month later...

I bet the developers never saw the game coming this far! Grounded is amazing. Just like any game, it has its errors and weaknesses, but way more strengths! I hope to see it at the top of the steam leaderboard one day. Until then, I'll be playing Grounded and grinding all the new awesome and creative updates the developers decide to do!

• 5 months later...

GAME WONT SAVE

Xbox Series X

Game Pass

It says in Grounded Saved Date- Total Space Savings: 807.3 MB

\says my GT- 295.3 MB

Reserve Space- 512.0 MB

My game wont save anymore. I have been playing since the game came out and play daily for 3-6 hours. mainly doing large builds. I think i reached the max amount you can build and it wont save anything new. I say this because i was trying to start a new game and see if could make a save if i did that and accidentally erased my last save. so that took away the last 5 hours of building on my latest big project. after i was able to save again. So i got back to working on my build and when i got to the exact same spot it started happening again. ive posted on reddit in multiple forums and i cant get any answers. If i cant save i cant play of course. please help. ive deleted and downloaded the game. did a hard restart. nothing helps.