AVOWED - Obsidian's Skyrim clone set in the Pillars of Eternity setting

Infinitron

Well, I'm excited to see what Obs'll be able to do with a first-person rpg, though it'll likely be more open world exploration over RP if they're truly going by the skyrim formula. Still, the teaser looks great, they're going forward with Eora, likely either Aedyr or Old Vailia specifically, and I wouldn't mind exploring that world in the most immersive way possible.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Edited by Taevyr

If this is a competitor to TES, shouldn't it have the option of playing third-person?

I agree the game looks fantastic. The first-person part is the only thing I dislike here.

Edited by kanisatha
  • Like 1

Could be wrong, but that crown looked unbroken to me. Could be pre-flame broiled Woedica.

Yep, I'm definitely wrong :)

Is that Aedryan Galawain at 0:29? Like that they snuck in a patch of adra next to his hip for the fans.

Edited by Achilles
  • Thanks 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Now just hoping they are able (and willing) to design broader and more multifaceted gameplay & charactersystems than most of it, either directly or indirectly, dealing with combat.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Only interested if I can make the PC an Orlan grappling-focused monk/cipher with an affinity towards blunderbusses, mind-bullets, and chokes.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

ah this is great. So happy the PoE world is still alive. They put soo much work into that world as well.  I wonder if you can have a companions. hmn   so happy maybe with this we're get some more  iso Poe games in the future as well.

Take you're time obsidian, make it a big game, Only main issues i had with the outer worlds was it was to short.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Undecaf said:

Now just hoping they are able (and willing) to design broader and more multifaceted gameplay & charactersystems than most of it, either directly or indirectly, dealing with combat.

I wonder if any of Josh TT mechanics will become the basis for a classless character system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

3 minutes ago, Achilles said:

I wonder if any of Josh TT mechanics will become the basis for a classless character system.

I don't know anything about that TT game of his other than it being in the works. There any merit in it, or is it all still shrouded?

Edited by Undecaf

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

I don't think it is clear that it is only first person at this point. The Outer Worlds was a fairly small project and that was the explanation given for why they didn't include a 3rd person camera. This is hopefully a bigger project with MS funding, so it may be 3rd person as well. Hard to judge based on a short announcement trailer.

edit: Although the website does firmly say first person RPG, so what do I know? :p

Edited by Hurlshot

22 minutes ago, Achilles said:

I wish classes could remain, but I can see it going classless, especially if there is no party and you are trying to gather many different abilities into one character.

But I'm also hopeful that at least some form of companions, like in TOW, will be included.

1 minute ago, Hurlshot said:

I don't think it is clear that it is only first person at this point. The Outer Worlds was a fairly small project and that was the explanation given for why they didn't include a 3rd person camera. This is hopefully a bigger project with MS funding, so it may be 3rd person as well. Hard to judge based on a short announcement trailer.

Yes this is what I'm pinning my hopes on as well.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, kirottu said:

First person > isometric

I wouldn't say so by default. It's the gameplay design that decides that.

18 minutes ago, Undecaf said:

I wouldn't say so by default. It's the gameplay design that decides that.

First person is the default. Everything else is just inferior. 

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.