Rogue attribute distribution PotD

Hello,

I'm going to have a new run on PotD, with a rogue, and I would like to have advices on attributes distribution.

I'm going with Death Godlike (+1 Int) from Deadfire (+1 Dex).

I don't want to lower the less usefull attributes too much, I'll just leave them at 10.
Now I need to distribute my points between Might, Dexterity and Peception.

I probably should max out perception to 18, for more accuracy (vital in PotD) and more crits.
I have 10 points left to distribute between Might and Dexterity.
What should be my priority ?
I would say Dexterity, because as a rogue, I will alwready get huge damage bonus from backstab and +15% damage won't be as good than a faster attack speed.
So should I max out Dexterity as well and leave Might alone or balance the two ?

Might: 10

Constitution: 10

Dexterity: 20

Perception: 18

Intelligence: 10

Resolve: 10

Or

Might: 15

Dexterity: 15

Intelligence: 10

Resolve: 10

Unless you would advice me to lower one of the dump stats below 10, but I don't really want to take riskis with that.
I know rogue are glass canon, but in my last run it was alwready dying waaayy to much with 10 con.

I could eventually lower intelligence and resolve to 9 to incnrease might.I don't think the penalties will be that big for this class, and I know you get a permanent increase of Perception, Intelligence and Resolve late game, it will compensate.

So it will give something like that:

Might: 12

Dexterity: 20

Intelligence: 9

Resolve: 9

Thx for help

First of all: one point more or less makes no difference. The attributes don't have so much impact.

PER has a lot of impact in the early game but not so much later on. I would keep it high but you don't need max.

DEX it the most impactful dps stat for a rogue - also because he has no other speedup ability. Weapons with speed enchantment are also great.

MIG is not that important for a "normal" rogue because he has no heals (unless you pick Veteran's Recovery or wear something like Shod-in-Faith Boots) and he gets a lot of dmg bonuses (Sneak Attack, Deathblows) which let the bonus from MIG pale in comparison. Exception: if you use a weapon with wounding (Tidefall, Drawn in Spring or Persistence) you want high MIG because it scales wounding up.

Your first and last attribute distribution seem fine.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

8 hours ago, Boeroer said:

First of all: one point more or less makes no difference. The attributes don't have so much impact.

PER has a lot of impact in the early game but not so much later on. I would keep it high but you don't need max.

DEX it the most impactful dps stat for a rogue - also because he has no other speedup ability. Weapons with speed enchantment are also great.

MIG is not that important for a "normal" rogue because he has no heals (unless you pick Veteran's Recovery or wear something like Shod-in-Faith Boots) and he gets a lot of dmg bonuses (Sneak Attack, Deathblows) which let the bonus from MIG pale in comparison. Exception: if you use a weapon with wounding (Tidefall, Drawn in Spring or Persistence) you want high MIG because it scales wounding up.

Your first and last attribute distribution seem fine.

Thanks for you answer !

I actually opted for the last distribution.

9 on an attribute actually annoys me a bit for roleplaying reasons as well.

But I know there will be the llengrath permanent stat boost (very late game though), that will bring back Int and Res to 10.

And having those to 10 from the start to get them to 11 with  llengrath...would be just useless, I'd rather put those points in Migth, even if it does not make a huge difference.

I'm only going to use dual sabres and dual stilettos, and maybe dual "weapon with crush damage" il I pick the talent to get third weapon set just to cover all types of damage, if needed.

• 2 weeks later...