Help...I won a PoTD Ironman run, but I getting Slaughtered post 5.0 lmao

Hey guys,

I for some reason I’m  getting my butt handed to me on Port Maje Isle.  I know it’s tough.  Playing with Berath and Skaens Challenge plus crit path upscale.  Been running a Crusader tank plus Eder swashbuckler, Xoti Priest, Scout Hired Merc and Aloth Wizard.  Specifically inside the ruin, I have been beaten that part of the game on PoTD 1000 times and just came back to the game and wow have I gotten slaughtered. That Damn Ooze and those Brine Imps have a 71 Accuracy, the only reliable defense is to shield wall the opening volley or it’s an RNG to your possible death!  Once Eder comes out of stealth it’s basically lay on hands him through Imp Volleys of corrode spit!

Beraths Challenge is truly terrifying until you have resurrection spells...I’m playing with no Blessings...

PS PoTD is way harder in POE

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

Are you level 4? That helps a lot. If you've done all the other side quests and cleared some of the other side areas of the engwithan digsite, you'll be level 4 for your non-hirelings.

Honestly though, if you were able to clear Gorecci St and the Drake fight above the digsite, the brine imp and ooze are much easier fights IMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thelee said:

Are you level 4? That helps a lot. If you've done all the other side quests and cleared some of the other side areas of the engwithan digsite, you'll be level 4 for your non-hirelings.

Honestly though, if you were able to clear Gorecci St and the Drake fight above the digsite, the brine imp and ooze are much easier fights IMO.

tru, i dont know man i think i had bad luck and got a paralyze from the crystal spider early and then i was eating crits from the spit.  Maybe i just need to get used to Beraths challenge.  Less room for error before you have a resurrection spell. Also yes I was level 4.

Have gun will travel.

oh yeah, i forgot, getting some hirelings should've set you up with antidotes. i take those aggressively in the first fight (to protect against spores and spider).

don't know what to tell you about the brine imps and ooze. they do have cheaty accuracy.

Oh ya forgot about the antidotes for paralyze.  I need to be better at consumables.  Ya the brine imps and ooze aren’t usually an issue but that paralyze got me good lol 

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.