I’ve collected 2 parts of his soul and I can see another fragment up on the tower?? But I see no visible way to get up there. I’ve been at this for hours switching time periods with the sundial and at this point I’m at a loss. I don’t feel like completing it might as well just skip it and face the dragon

any suggestions? The walkthrough honestly isn’t specific enough to be of any help. Maybe I’m just too frustrated to see simple solutions, lol 

If you have a Barbarian with the leap or Bounding Boots you can just leap up there, get the fragment and leap back.

You can use Bounding Boots in a way where they lose no charge. You have to pause before executing the leap and then unpause/pause in very quick succession until you see your circle appear at the targeted area but your char is still in the air. Then click abort (the"x" button). You will still land in the target area but no per-rest use will be consumed.

You can do without that trick of course since bounding Boots have 2 uses per rest - but if you mess up and end up alone and without leap uses in an area where your party can't follow then you are screwed. Maybe save before trying this. :)

A Barbarian with Leap can jump here and there all day without any limit of course. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Well, the first time I did that it also caused me a lot of trouble.

In the "after" moment, there is a portal up north from Waidwen's torn body - that leads south, to a part of the map that is no longer directly accessible. 2 pieces are hidden beyond (in different time segments).

On 7/18/2020 at 6:48 PM, YourHeadAsplode said:

I’ve collected 2 parts of his soul and I can see another fragment up on the tower?? But I see no visible way to get up there. I’ve been at this for hours switching time periods with the sundial and at this point I’m at a loss. I don’t feel like completing it might as well just skip it and face the dragon

Two things that might help:

a) there is a portal right by where the bomb goes off and the quest to find waidwen soul piece starts. i personally completley missed this portal at first (i thought it was just a weird cosmic graphic and not something interactible) and wandered around everywhere else.

b) there are parts of the bridge that are walkable, even though they look like they are floating around and destroyed. When in doubt, just look at your map at all the unexplored areas and head straight for them and you may be surprised at what you can walk on.

Edited by thelee

There are three ways to get around that map: 1: doors; 2: sunbeam time travel; 3: the one weird portal that @thelee mentioned. And yeah, what's walkable and what isn't is not always visually clear.

I did this quest for the second time yesterday, and despite knowing that the portal existed, I still did a fair amount of backtracking and flailing around. The quest was less annoying than the first time, but it was still somewhat irritating. And the second time around it didn't have the cool factor of the subject and exposing the event that led to Eora's entry into the Atomic Age (or equivalent) to relieve some of the irritation.

It's also not intuitively obvious, but: if you loot a particular stash in the morning, it's still un-looted in the afternoon and at dusk. Loot everywhere in every time.

Edit: oh, and you can easily miss on a really good armor by assuming that one of the bodies being rocketed off the bridge and hanging in space a good 11 feet away from the nearest solid surface is not lootable just because it's beyond the reach of human arms. You can reach it.

Edited by Scrapulous