rAND-ohm vIDeO game NEW$

Amentep

Biggest quibble I had with AP was that reloading didn't actually restore the same game state that existed when you saved. Can't remember the specifics as it's been so long, but enemies might have just outright disappeared and stuff?

As for the Xbox Ses, hopefully there's a way to transfer games not actively being played to an external drive.

@LadyCrimson I believe the Xbox Sex is 1TB and both versions of the PS5 are 825GB.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I played AP for the first time well after launch on PC, on Linux via WINE to boot. I had no major technical issues, I guess the game had been patched by then.  I didn't even hate the hacking. Gunplay sucked and the stealth was hilariously easily exploited, but apart from that, I had a blast with the game. I still have a boner for SIE all these years later.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I believe the Xbox Sex is 1TB and both versions of the PS5 are 825GB.

Well at least that's better than 500GB...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

21 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

My experience with Alpha Protocol on Xbox 360 was flawless.  It was quite a few years ago so my memory on it isn't the hottest, but I do not recall having any issues with it.

My completely unscientific survey has lead me to conclude that this is probably a stealth vs shooter issue.

My friend, who played it as a shooter, had an overwhelming number of bugs that I (who played it as a stealth game) never encountered.

My biggest issue with the game was that the cutscene at the end of the Marburg mansion mission made it seem that I hit the place with a tactical nuke, whereas I mostly ghosted through the place.

• Like 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

6 minutes ago, Achilles said:

My completely unscientific survey has lead me to conclude that this is probably a stealth vs shooter issue.

My friend, who played it as a shooter, had an overwhelming number of bugs that I (who played it as a stealth game) never encountered.

My biggest issue with the game was that the cutscene at the end of the Marburg mansion mission made it seem that I hit the place with a tactical nuke, whereas I mostly ghosted through the place.

I didn't have any bugs... However the controls are janked to the janky jank.  That was really my only issue with it.

Conan Exiles of dropping the newest DLC and it looks to be massive.

Looks to be a pretty decent map addition as well as a new starting story, so more of an expansion than the traditional DLC. This is the only game I've ever really enjoyed buying the DLC content for, so I'm in.

• Like 3

The legend returns

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Surprised a TIE Interceptor could survive re-entry.  Wonder if EA charges you per missile.

• Haha 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

6 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

^Not impressed so far.  It's almost like they're just trying to milk a niche franchise w/o adapting at all to modern tech advances, which is just as bad as ruining a franchise w/ too much reliance on tech.  They have utterly failed to strike a balance like Obsidian did with TOW.

What do you mean, tech advances? Hardware did not change that drastically since Dark Descent, or are you about that VR nonsense and such? In any way, this be my Day 1 purchase, as fear does not come from hardware, but from the heart. 💚

• Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 3:01 PM, Hurlshot said:

Conan Exiles of dropping the newest DLC and it looks to be massive.

Looks to be a pretty decent map addition as well as a new starting story, so more of an expansion than the traditional DLC. This is the only game I've ever really enjoyed buying the DLC content for, so I'm in.

At the moment I haven't touched any of the DLC. Most of it seems to be purely cosmetic rather than anything beyond "I want the thing I have that does x to look like this rather than that."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

2 hours ago, Raithe said:

At the moment I haven't touched any of the DLC. Most of it seems to be purely cosmetic rather than anything beyond "I want the thing I have that does x to look like this rather than that."

The DLC is definitely cosmetic, but given that the best part of the game is building awesome fortresses, those cosmetics are pretty nice. But don't rush into buying anything, if you are just starting you have plenty to explore. They've been releasing content updates for free since launch though.

The newest DLC is really the first content you have to purchase to get access to more than cosmetics. But it is a brand new map and starting point, so that makes sense.

• Like 1

Is that Diablo in FF?  (haha)
...looks like FFXV style (or 7Remake perhaps) except a high fantasy setting vs. semi-"modern" setting. eg the flashy animation ARPG combat. Graphics don't look much better per se, just different style (glossier?). Not particularly interested, looks kind of meh trailer-wise but I do like flashy combat pics so if the PC version has a screenshot mode I might try it someday.:lol: Maybe. :mellow:
...a few other PS5 game announcements made me curious but nothing really stood out for me that much.

The whole trailers stream (includes the XV trailer above) (PS5 price reveal: $499US, $399-alldigital version)

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

*sighs* they completely abandoned FF formula, which made a lot of people fans of the series :( combat from trailer looks like copy paste from FFXV, including teleportations, but more flashy... So the chance that it will be another boring open world with nice graphics but no substance is pretty high...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

It's okay, I've played FF7 and FF14 so far so I'm next due to play FF21.

As for the PS5, it looks fine I suppose, but is a complete non-starter for me unless they make PS Now both better (i.e. more recent games) and actually available here. And even then it's a hard sell due to the $110AUD controllers, sheesh.

On reflection, it's a shame the cheaper models of both consoles aren't swapped. Xbox has most of its titles on subscription so a full-power model with no optical drive would have some appeal. Digital-only on Playstation is just not workable since all the major titles need to be purchased individually and almost every single one of them would be significantly cheaper at retail.

EDIT: Let's face it though, I'm probably only going to get either console for Overcooked parties. That is, until the next big rhythm game comeback. :ninja:

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

8 hours ago, Humanoid said:

EDIT: Let's face it though, I'm probably only going to get either console for Overcooked parties. That is, until the next big rhythm game comeback. :ninja:

If I was into "dark souls" or similar type games I'd probably be interested in that Black Myth: Wukong game.  But I'm not so ... I'll just watch it on Twitch for the kewl boss graphics.

GW never learns.

Edited by Malcador

Empire of Sin is coming out on December 1. Available for pre-order now. Not a fan of multiple packages. 35 pounds sounds fair, but I feel exclusive content pressures me to buy at least the middle one.

Meantime, I am still not quite clear on how EoS plays. They started a continues playthrough. Part 1 is out, but it doesn't show anything new so far:

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 1