rAND-ohm vIDeO game NEW$

Amentep

That Dragon Age (4) video told me essentially nothing. It was a bunch of bog standard, catch-all statements that can describe virtually any fantasy RPG ever. In Dragon Age you can go to different places and do things, you will like some characters and dislike others. I guess they're in early development and this video was mainly a "We still exist, EA didn't ****can us yet. We swear we're working on a game." video. Fair enough.

Honestly, while I no longer have any faith, I hope DA4 turns out great and sells a billion copies. I'd much rather have BioWare make great games again than get schadenfreude from anothe Bio bomb.

• Like 7

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 hour ago, MrBrown said:

So they are making Sims out of it... well at least finally they dont hide it

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

57 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Honestly, while I no longer have any faith, I hope DA4 turns out great and sells a billion copies. I'd much rather have BioWare make great games again than get schadenfreude from anothe Bio bomb.

They at least seem to have gotten the priorities straight. So far none of the Dragon Age games had a particularily strong central plot but - love them or hate them - more interesting character interactions and stories. Especially in the otherwise much and probably rightfully criticised Dragon Age 2. The game was marred by being an interactive cave simulator, content recycling and Anders suddenly being able to blow large buildings sky high.

At the very least I'll be getting some entertainment value out of the culture war nutjobs who're going to show up with proof that Cassandra is a trans woman because someone modeled her with a male skull. And I be laffing then, all the time.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

7 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

I actually force my family members to adopt a diverse skill set in real life so they make a better party in RPG games. 

I always try to remake Power Rangers. Which particular generation and which particular characters depend on the game.

4 hours ago, Keyrock said:

That Dragon Age (4) video told me essentially nothing. It was a bunch of bog standard, catch-all statements that can describe virtually any fantasy RPG ever. In Dragon Age you can go to different places and do things, you will like some characters and dislike others. I guess they're in early development and this video was mainly a "We still exist, EA didn't ****can us yet. We swear we're working on a game." video. Fair enough.

Yeah, it was a very boring video. Seems to have worked for the big DA fans though, at least on a quick read of YT comments and the fan forums.

IIRC, according to some info sent to investors, the game is scheduled to come out in 2022.

Edited by MrBrown

I kinda thought the next expansion might bring the Boron back, but I guess not  Still, it will be cool to have Terrans back, they had some of the coolest looking ships in X3.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

3 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Solasta coming to Steam EA in fall

I wish Early Access would use some other acronym. As soon as I see letters EA close to any game, which I am rooting for, my bloodpressure rises and a cold feeling flows through my spine for a few seconds, before my brain manages to recognize the real meaning behind it 😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

My problem with the X games is that they are such a huge timesink. Played lots of X3 back in the days, but it took so long to build up something big. Just don't have the time for that anymore nowadays.

• Thanks 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The X games are indeed the timesinkiest timesinks that ever timesinked. Brutal learning curve too. 100% worth it IMHO. Fleet battles are the best.

@Hurlshot Invest in upgraded space suit thrusters and MK2 docking computer ASAP. Thank me later.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

8 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

🤣 Yes, I know the feeling. Just like perfectly fine name "Adolf", EA will never be the same. 

I almost feel bad for Electronic Arts because of how badly their good name has been sullied by early access. :shifty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

On 8/27/2020 at 5:02 PM, Keyrock said:

You are absolutely correct here, but at least for me (yes, I'm a huge DA franchise fan) it was valuable as a calming and reassuring video.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wormerine said:

If you are still for some reason not sold on Marvel’s Avengers here is the real game seller. Game might look a bit shallow, but monetisation seem to have complexity rivalling your average cRPG systems. I think I will need a guide for that. 

if you prefer, here is Jim Sterling yapping on the matter. 

I am largely immune to MTX schemes, but I had already written this one off once I learned that you need to make yet another account for a "service" I don't really want.

I guess it's just a matter of time before companies require you to connect through Elon Musk's brain chip to get access to some great features and deals that you really don't want to miss out on. **** that ****.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

On 8/28/2020 at 4:00 AM, MrBrown said:

Yeah, it was a very boring video. Seems to have worked for the big DA fans though, at least on a quick read of YT comments and the fan forums.

IIRC, according to some info sent to investors, the game is scheduled to come out in 2022.

Guys the video was brilliant for numerous reasons and you also right. I am a huge DA fan and have loved all games in the series and enjoy all there gaming mechanics and RPG narrative parts 

Also some of the best Romance options, like Isabella, have come from DA games....so this will be a day 1  " most expensive version "  buy for me definitely 

But what is really weird is all the negative comments on this forum about the trailer not revealing any relevant information is also true......you cannot gain much, if anything about narrative or general gaming detail. Everything they mention in the trailer  I always get and expect from DA games...like connecting in a RPG way emotionally with your party members which is always a big part of any  Romance arc in my RP journey

And yet I am definitely  buying the game despite not being to able to tell you specifically why :lol::lol:

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, kanisatha said:

You are absolutely correct here, but at least for me (yes, I'm a huge DA franchise fan) it was valuable as a calming and reassuring video.

I am 100 % the same as you....and Im very excited about DA 4 :dancing::dancing:

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

On 8/28/2020 at 1:42 PM, Wormerine said:

Solasta coming to Steam EA in fall

This looks excellent, I had to say this :thumbsup:

John Milton 

2 hours ago, BruceVC said:

But what is really weird is all the negative comments on this forum about the trailer not revealing any relevant information is also true......you cannot gain much, if anything about narrative or general gaming detail. Everything they mention in the trailer  I always get and expect from DA games...like connecting in a RPG way emotionally with your party members which is always a big part of any  Romance arc in my RP journey

And yet I am definitely  buying the game despite not being to able to tell you specifically why :lol::lol:

I think the need for that video, as minimal in details as it was, is because so much has been written in recent months and years about how Bioware has lost its way and that even if they make a new DA game it will end up being a completely different game than the first three and be filled with microtransactions and "active" elements and so on. So the video's purpose was to reassure hardcore DA fans like you and me, saying in effect: "Don't fear. Don't listen to the doomsayers. This game will have those RPG elements from the previous games that you love so much and expect in a DA game, only if anything even more iterated and better." And it certainly had that effect on me, and I am now hyped for this game. 😎

2 hours ago, BruceVC said:

I am 100 % the same as you....and Im very excited about DA 4 :dancing::dancing:

I'm right there with you. :dancing:😀

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kanisatha said:

I think the need for that video, as minimal in details as it was, is because so much has been written in recent months and years about how Bioware has lost its way and that even if they make a new DA game it will end up being a completely different game than the first three and be filled with microtransactions and "active" elements and so on. So the video's purpose was to reassure hardcore DA fans like you and me, saying in effect: "Don't fear. Don't listen to the doomsayers. This game will have those RPG elements from the previous games that you love so much and expect in a DA game, only if anything even more iterated and better." And it certainly had that effect on me, and I am now hyped for this game. 😎

I'm right there with you. :dancing:😀

QFT, this is a exactly correct around why Im excited despite no real details, your post explains it nicely. I remember when they shutdown the Bioware official forums I started believing it was the end of Bioware and now I can see there is definitely a future in the DA  franchise :thumbsup:

• Like 2

John Milton 

Honestly, I just hope it's less empty and dull than Inquisition.  Everyone says that the game gets so much better after the Hinterlands, but outside the DLC (I bought the game of the year edition for like $15) all the areas just felt completely empty to me.  After that it was all huge areas with like 5 or 6 meaningful NPCs and 2 or 3 quests.

But, since I have something of a commitment to the series (I hung out on the forums for the game constantly for a year or more before the game was released, and the first game was probably the most hyped I ever was for a game) I'll probably buy the complete edition when it's down to $15-$20, assuming it's not loaded with MTX or live service garbage.  I just have zero faith in Bioware to make a decent game any longer.