rAND-ohm vIDeO game NEW$

Amentep

Duelists is more apropos, as people will be like Feraud and can't let a defeat go πŸ˜›

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

First reviews for Wasteland 3 are in and the reviews are good so far; The main negative seems to be technical issues. I'm burning out on post nuclear war I think, but the alternative is Baldur's Gate 3 (which I may play anyways, don't know) and I'm starving for a good "classic" RPG. Guess it is time for my cheap ass to renew that Gamepass subscription or whatever

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jozape said:

First reviews for Wasteland 3 are in and the reviews are good so far; The main negative seems to be technical issues. I'm burning out on post nuclear war I think, but the alternative is Baldur's Gate 3 (which I may play anyways, don't know) and I'm starving for a good "classic" RPG. Guess it is time for my cheap ass to renew that Gamepass subscription or whatever

wasteland 3 still looks like it have too many skills

and multipleΒ character creation are such a weird old thing to still put in the game

3 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

wasteland 3 still looks like it have too many skills

and multipleΒ character creation are such a weird old thing to still put in the game

Multiple character creation is something that is not put in games enough.Β 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

166215__front.jpg

3 hours ago, uuuhhii said:

...and multipleΒ character creation are such a weird old thing to still put in the game

? scratch.gif.9b2a7cd9c1144d9390715d9284fb4458.gif

It's integral; why would anybody want to play just one PCβ€”especially so in a Wasteland sequel?

Edited by Gizmo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gizmo said:

? scratch.gif.9b2a7cd9c1144d9390715d9284fb4458.gif

It's integral; why would anybody want to play just one PCβ€”especially so in a Wasteland sequel?

One PC because it's a role playing game and it's easier to roleplay as one person than four.

Β 

It took me a while to get used to having multiple PCs but it's fine now.Β  I do prefer the one PC though.

Β 

Divinity original sin was super annoying with their dual controled conversations...Β  Really hated that.

Β 

Wasteland 2 I got used to.Β  Just made the leader the role played character and the other three silent (in head canon)

Edited by Theonlygarby

1 hour ago, Theonlygarby said:

Wasteland 2 I got used to.Β  Just made the leader the role played character and the other three silent (in head canon)

I just created myself and my 3 friends. I don't know what to do for W3 though. I think I will go for proper roleplaying and create a duo from scratch.Β 

I better get around to playing WL2, forgot I own it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yeah, I'm going to force myself to use three pre-made characters this time around because as mentioned, last time around by the time I got a party together the mood to play the game had gone. I find these days a game has to grab me quick, like within an hour, or I'll probably end up indefinitely shelving it. To this day I've spent more time on character creation in W2 than I did on the rest of the gameplay combined.

Edited by Humanoid
  • Sad 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

RPSΒ review isn't great. I will definitely hold from playing it, at least until they patch it up a bit. Still, I am not finished with Kingmaker andΒ 

But if you know the clunky moving parts of the game intimately after 10 hours, and the remaining 90 hours is story filler of varying quality, then your ratio of quids-to-entertainment (if you subscribe to such a philosophy) is all screwy.

sounds very familiar. Honestly, I didn't quite like what I have seen in the demo. I will play it someday though.Β 

1 hour ago, Theonlygarby said:

One PC because it's a role playing game and it's easier to roleplay as one person than four.

It took me a while to get used to having multiple PCs but it's fine now.Β  I do prefer the one PC though.

Ah...Β  Β I'm used to playing 6-8; 4 was a real let-down in WL2. :(

Given that most of the reviews I've seen of WL3 talk of varying degrees of technical issues, the fact that the Linux version got delayed may be a blessing in disguise.Β 

Once I do get to play it, I'll make all 4 characters. In WL2 I did a Threes Company theme (Jack, Janet, Chrissy, abd Mr. Roper), not sure what I'll go with this time.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈRFK Jr 2024πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

43 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Ah...Β  Β I'm used to playing 6-8; 4 was a real let-down in WL2. :(

I'm also really bad at character building.Β  Usually I have to restart halfway through a game because I've made too many mistakes...Β  Story characters usually aren't optimal but still better than what I come up with.

Β 

1 hour ago, Wormerine said:

I just created myself and my 3 friends. I don't know what to do for W3 though. I think I will go for proper roleplaying and create a duo from scratch.Β 

3 friends?!?Β  Look at Mr popular here.

Edited by Theonlygarby
  • Haha 8

I prefer custom NPC parties for story heavy games like Pillars, but Wasteland's different, I loved its party creation and I still fondly remember my heroes Tom of Finland, Crazy Natasha, Gasmask Gertrude and Simo Hayha. πŸ₯° As for W3, I was stupid enough to try and play W2 on launch, fooled me once, now I'm waiting a year at least, if not for "GOTY director's edition".

• Thanks 2