rAND-ohm vIDeO game NEW$

Amentep

6 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

If you're looking to have shootouts then I can point you to any number of better 3rd person shooters. If you are looking to sneak up on people and choke them out or push them off ledges, then the controls work wonderfully, on a gamepad, anyway. I only use m&kb when I'm sniping, so I can't speak to the general m&kb controls.

I don't think the first Hitman game even supports gamepads. :p

edit:

I see this caused some confusion. I was talking about the 2000 release Hitman: Codename 47 when I said "first Hitman game". Not the reboot called Hitman. :)

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I've never played any of the Hitman games, though I inevitably own several of them. However I can still relate to the complaints as it's a good series to occasionally watch people bumble through though, and it does often seem that 47 treats the player input as sort of a mild suggestion rather than a direct order. 😛

Now, I wonder if any game has attempted to map walking to the D-pad and running to the analogue stick. It's stupid enough that even modern games can think it a good idea to have menus only navigable with the D-pad. I'm looking at you, Persona, you suck.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

43 minutes ago, majestic said:

Hitman: Codename 47 has two separate keys for walking and running.

If by first Hitman, you mean Codename 47, then yes, they are far far better now. Even 2-4 are much better, although still clunky. The new Hitman reboots are really smooth to play. Almost too smooth was my initial “hardcore” reaction. “Wut? I can reliably sneak behind enemies and with decent speed? What is this mainstream trash!”.

this seperate buttons for different walk speeds were the thing back in the day. Unfortunately Thief1&2 work the same way. 

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

^ You make it sound so appealing. :shifty:

That was my intention. However, I assume the worst but it might be pretty fun. Apparently it is not a live service which is good. Also I don't mind optional coop as such. We will see. I don't know if I want more Arkham, and it seems more or less more of Arkham. I felt the series run out of juice with Arkham City, even if I think that Arkham Knight was pretty good as well. That said I didn't like Origins much, so.... pencil me in as suspicious.

The plot thickens. https://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-xbox-supports-fortnite-creator-over-apple-epic-games-lawsuit-2020-8

I, Kevin Gammill, declare as follows:

1.I am the General Manager, Gaming Developer Experiences for Microsoft. In this role, I oversee Microsoft’s support of game creators (including game developers, audio engineers, level designers, game producers, etc.) within the Xbox ecosystem. Among other things, my team helps game creators achieve their creative goals. I have been an engineer for more than 30 years, including more than 20 years at Microsoft, and have more than 10 years of experience supporting game creators across multiple platforms.

2.Epic Games’ Unreal Engine is critical technology for numerous game creators including Microsoft.

(a) Game engines provide creators with a development environment that delivers the necessary graphics, rendering, physics, sound, networking, and other technologies that enable them to build games that run on multiple platforms.

(b) Although some large game creators choose to develop their own proprietary game engines, many others, including small and independent game creators, utilize game engines built by and licensed from third parties.

(c) Many of these creators do not have the resources or capabilities to build their own game engines and rely on the availability of third-party game engines, while other creators may choose to use third-party game engines to save development costs and utilize already-developed technologies.

(d) As a result, Epic’s Unreal Engine is one of the most popular third-party game engines available to game creators, and in Microsoft’s view there are very few other options available for creators to license with as many features and as much functionality as Unreal Engine across multiple platforms, including iOS.

(e) Microsoft has an enterprise-wide, multi-year Unreal Engine license agreement and has invested significant resources and engineer time working with and customizing Unreal Engine for its own games on PC, Xbox consoles, and mobile devices (including iOS devices). i.For example, Microsoft’s racing game Forza Street is currently available on iOS and utilizes Unreal Engine.

3.Denying Epic access to Apple’s SDK and other development tools will prevent Epic from supporting Unreal Engine on iOS and macOS, and will place Unreal Engine and those game creators that have built, are building, and may build games on it at a substantial disadvantage.

(a) Developing a game using different game engines for different platforms may be prohibitively expensive and difficult. In any event, it is not as cost-effective as using a game engine that supports different platforms.

(b) As a result, game creators, including Microsoft, that are preparing to develop a game targeted at multiple platforms generally choose game engines based both on the functionality they provide as well as their ability to support development for those platforms.

(c) If Unreal Engine cannot support games for iOS or macOS, Microsoft would be required to choose between abandoning its customers and potential customers on the iOS and macOS platforms or choosing a different game engine when preparing to develop new games.

(d) Because iOS is a large and growing market for games, Apple’s discontinuation of Unreal Engine’s ability to support iOS will be a material disadvantage for the Unreal Engine in future decisions by Microsoft and other game creators as to the choice of an engine for new games.

(e) Even uncertainty about the Unreal Engine’s ability to continue supporting iOS and macOS will make it less likely for Microsoft (and, I believe, other game creators) to select Unreal Engine for their projects. When game creators are planning development projects, which can last for years, it is important to have confidence that the chosen engine will continue to be available on and support all platforms on which the game creators plan to distribute their games.

4.Apple’s discontinuation of Epic’s ability to develop and support Unreal Engine for iOS or macOS will harm game creators and gamers.

(a) For game creators in the later stages of development utilizing Unreal Case Engine and targeting the iOS and/or macOS platform, Unreal Engine’s sudden loss of support for iOS and macOS would create significant costs and difficult decisions. The creator would have significant sunk costs and lost time using Unreal Engine for game creation, and would have to choose between (a) starting development all over with a new game engine, (b) abandoning the iOS and macOS platforms, or (c) ceasing development entirely.

(b) Apple’s removal of Unreal Engine’s ability to develop updates and improvements for iOS and macOS could also harm already-launched iOS and macOS games built on Unreal Engine. If the game engine can no longer develop updates that take advantage of new iOS or macOS features, fix software bugs, or patch security flaws, this will harm games that have already launched on iOS and macOS (and, in turn, harm gamers). In addition, this situation could bifurcate a game’s player base, such that gamers on iOS or macOS cannot play or communicate with friends or family who are playing on other platforms.

Pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1746, I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct and that I executed this declaration on August 22, 2020 on Lopez Island, Washington.

Edited by Sarex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

At least something good comes out of 2020 😛  GOTY

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I dont understand why Apple would be forced to offer another companies products. Its their app store and they can offer whatever they want, for whatever price they want, on whatever devices they authorize. Epic furiously qq's but they can go launch their own app store and let the market sort it out. If enough iOS users want the product that will force Apple's hand. :shrugz:

6 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

I dont understand why Apple would be forced to offer another companies products. Its their app store and they can offer whatever they want, for whatever price they want, on whatever devices they authorize. Epic furiously qq's but they can go launch their own app store and let the market sort it out. If enough iOS users want the product that will force Apple's hand. :shrugz:

I think that issue is that Apple does not support any other store than app store? Not sure I am not big phone geek...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

22 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

This is just a boomerang of the Microsoft lawsuit that happened way back and why we have the N editions of Windows installations. The only way to get an app on an iphone is through the app store (can you even jailbrake an iphone nowadays?), this would be the same as if the only way to install game on Windows was through the Microsoft store. Monopoly laws are there for a reason and epic winning this would be a positive thing for the consumers as it would open up the apple and google ecosystem (android supports other app stores, but google heavily pressures manufactures against it).

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

But Apple only administers to their own app store. They already provide the tools and storefront for any software developer to use, and they get a 30% cut, so why should they be forced to accept any other manufacturers suggested percentage? Epic got caught being a bunch of dirtbags (they made an internal purchasing store ) to get Apples cut and got rightfully booted. Now they are crapping their pants that the Unreal Engine will also get tossed.

2 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

But Apple only administers to their own app store. They already provide the tools and storefront for any software developer to use, and they get a 30% cut, so why should they be forced to accept any other manufacturers suggested percentage? Epic got caught being a bunch of dirtbags (they made an internal purchasing store ) to get Apples cut and got rightfully booted. Now they are crapping their pants that the Unreal Engine will also get tossed.

ofc both are money hungry trash corporations, but Epic is in right there (surprisingly). Not sure what do you mean by 'providing tools'. As mentioned above, it would be same situation as if only way  to get app on Windows is through Windows store front and Microsoft would get 30% cut on any app you install on your computer. Its ridiculous just to think of it and I was always confused why Apple users tolerate that crap.

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I mean this by tools: Apple Developer Tools. Should all the support and storefont not profit Apple? What percentage is "fair" in your opinion?

Aside, do you feel that Tesla should be forced to accept another manufactures "autopilot" software if it is less expensive to the consumer? 

16 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

I mean this by tools: Apple Developer Tools. Should all the support and storefont not profit Apple? What percentage is "fair" in your opinion?

Aside, do you feel that Tesla should be forced to accept another manufactures "autopilot" software if it is less expensive to the consumer? 

Well but you can develop software for Apple without this tools without a problem. I mean DirectX is also free on Windows and its very important part of the OS.

As for Tesla? No, as long as they don't use their OS as storefront/open system. Otherwise yes

28 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

Well but you can develop software for Apple without this tools without a problem. I mean DirectX is also free on Windows and its very important part of the OS.

As for Tesla? No, as long as they don't use their OS as storefront/open system. Otherwise yes

They couldn't do that, then they'd loose subscription fees for their heated seats. 😄

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

46 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I'm guessing Wasteland 3 is coming out soon because I just got my key.

oh crap, I almost forgot, going to pre order on GoG tomorrow

10 hours ago, ShadySands said:

I'm guessing Wasteland 3 is coming out soon because I just got my key.

I just hope 1.0 runs better then the beta months back, as it was a slideshow on my PC. I think I need to start a new tag on my GOG - “for new PC”. Already had to say goodbye to DS3, Jakuza:K2 and Dishonored2 😪

I'm curious to see if being part of Microsoft helped inXile's QA any. So instead of the entire endgame not working as intended maybe it'll work, eh, dunno. Half the time? :p

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.