rAND-ohm vIDeO game NEW$

Amentep

Security vulnerability in GOG Galaxy disclosed

https://www.positronsecurity.com/blog/2020-08-13-gog-galaxy_client-local-privilege-escalation_deuce/

Edited by Malcador
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Gasp! 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

some minor news about BG3 and early access release date

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

There's been a bit more information on the Xbox seriesX from Hot Chips over the last day or so. Most of it was known or rumoured beforehand:

8 core Zen2 (2x4 chiplets)

52 CU RDNA2 video (26x2 pairs)

DLSS equivalent (previously rumoured, but now confirmed)

Some raytracing numbers, though they're hard to directly compare with nVidias. "3-10x performance uplift" is probably the least equivocal statement.

~170W power draw, no thermal throttling on CPU or GPU so they run at 3.8/ 1.8Ghz sustained

Power draw is pretty impressive, since it's less than a desktop 5700XT's but there isn't that much difference in frequency (+~200Mhz for the 5700XT; boost, not sustained) between the SeriesX 52CU GPU and the 40CU 5700XT, and the xbox figure is whole system so includes maybe ~65W for the CPU etc.

4 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Who here loves obtuse puzzle games?

/raises hand

//looks around

Just me? Well, I'm going to post this anyway.

Doesn't seem that obtuse or anything. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Wormerine said:

I do! Sometimes...

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

2 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

Hitman 3 spoilers:

Hide contents

EGS exclusive, roflcopter_vietnam.gif

Ah, all is well with the world.

21 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Who here loves obtuse puzzle games?

I don't know if it's obtuse, but a friend and I really enjoyed playing through Portal 2's two player campaign. To the point where I completely forgot it might have a single player campaign too. I should go back and check it out some day 🤔

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

10 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

Hitman 3 spoilers:

Hide contents

EGS exclusive, roflcopter_vietnam.gif

You know what? Good for them. They had rocky time with previous games and this will give them a decent amount of cash. I am fine with waiting a year. I still need to finish DLCs of H2 anyway.

1 hour ago, majestic said:

I only ever played the first Hitman and hated the controls with a passion. Are the controls of the newer ones still ass?

What did you dislike about it? I don't recall any change between H1 and H2, though I don't remember it having any issues. 

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Probably talking about the ones before the reboot, which had dumb things like the context sensitive attack button making 47 get into shoving matches with enemies instead of properly attacking them.

Hitman: Codename 47 has two separate keys for walking and running. I tried the game, played for two hours, finished the first mission, uninstalled it and never came back for any of the sequels or reboots.

I have no idea who thought this was a good idea* or how that got through playtesting. If you could at least press walking and running at the same time to run, then release running to go back to walking, but nah. When you walk you walk and when you run, you run.

*Probably was the same type of gamer that binds moving forward to their left or right mouse button in shooters and complains on forums when shooters are hard coded to have firing modes or actions on the first and second mouse button. :)

edit:

The first Hitman game was like that too. You could rebind the right mouse button in the config file, but when you did it broke the game completely because you could no longer leave the sniper view or dialogues.

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

3 hours ago, majestic said:

I only ever played the first Hitman and hated the controls with a passion. Are the controls of the newer ones still ass?

If you're looking to have shootouts then I can point you to any number of better 3rd person shooters. If you are looking to sneak up on people and choke them out or push them off ledges, then the controls work wonderfully, on a gamepad, anyway. I only use m&kb when I'm sniping, so I can't speak to the general m&kb controls.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks