rAND-ohm vIDeO game NEW$

Amentep

19 hours ago, Wormerine said:

I actually fancy Nomad - knowing nothing about Cyperpunk being an outside seems like a good match for first playthrough.

Same here. Street kid just doesn't fit my personality. Nomad is what feels most right, and corpo would be okay too.

On 8/10/2020 at 11:57 AM, Mamoulian War said:

Realms Beyond, turn-based RPG based on OGL rules (open license of DnD 3.5), will be comming to GOG soon!!!

https://www.gog.com/news/coming_soon_realms_beyond_ashes_of_the_fallen

The beta seems to be proceeding well. And relatedly, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and Black Geyser are both also going through their respective beta testing right now. So all these games appear to be on track.

• Thanks 1

Joe originally wanted to post his entire Witcher analysis as one single video.

It broke YouTube.

So now it's three parts, and each one longer than the one before. So, guessing, the third one's gonna clock in at at least 6 hours.  :p

edit:

Goes without saying and at the risk of sounding like a shilll: His videos are lengthy but well worth it. Might not always agree with him but he definitely knows what he's talking about.

edit 2:

Also, in REALLY random news I just got my Wasteland 3 CE box. The game won't be out for two more weeks though, so not sure what's up there. This is a first  for inXile, the last batch of CEs were delayed a bunch. I mean, yeah, the entirety of Tides of Numenera was delayed, but the delivery of the goods even more so. Oh, yeah, and just like with everyone else the box was shipped without any prior notification. At least SOMETHING went wrong, would have been weird otherwise. What's next, a bug free Obsidian release? Hehe.

I'm kind of wanting to open it to see if the key already works but who opens CEs? :(

Edited by majestic
  • Thanks 1
  • Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

9 minutes ago, majestic said:

edit:

Goes without saying and at the risk of sounding like a shilll: His videos are lengthy but well worth it. Might not always agree with him but he definitely knows what he's talking about.

I mean I watched a bit, and learned there are perks that you gained for doing certain things. Played Witcher2 3 times, and never knew about that bit.

Also news:
If for some reason you are still not sold on absolutely fantastic looking Avengers game, you will also be able to dress your heroes up in skins championing your favourite mobile provider. Amazing. Virgin Media for life. 

Apparently, it's not a free upgrade for owners of the existing game and only owners of the "Ultimate Edition" will get the free PS5 or xXxBOX Series xXx upgrade once the new consoles launch, which, as you can imagine, has some people up in arms. I don't know what the price of the "upgrade" is. If they expect you to pay full price as a previous owner that would be a **** move. If you own the game and all the expansions/season pass already then they should upgrade you for free, as far as I'm concerned and if you don't own the expansions then just basically charge you for whatever expansion(s) you are missing, but we'll see. 

This doesn't affect me, since I don't own the game yet nor am I getting one of the new consoles, not at launch, anyway. I wouldn't be playing it on a console in any case, but I do look forward to getting the game and playing it on my new desktop rig once I build it in a couple months.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I approve of their decision, get to see people like this

Truly such disrespect to gamers.  They will rise up!

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hmm, no mention of Horná Maríková in Slovakia?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

1 hour ago, Mamoulian War said:

Hmm, no mention of Horná Maríková in Slovakia?

Some places are too unappealing to mention...

• Sad 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 8/11/2020 at 10:33 PM, Wormerine said:

Brief look at Witcher 2

looking back it seems the weird polish perspective about everything(but mainly nilfgaard/german) are much more subdued in first two game then third game and books

Edited by uuuhhii
  • Thanks 1

Fortnite got removed from Apple and Google stores after trying to bypass the obligatory pay cut to said companies. Epic sues both Apple and Google.

Epic claimes an absurd high moral ground by trying to rally it's mostly underage demographic against the corporate overlord Apple:

Nothing speaks genuine, like pre-rendered Orwell video ready for release. I hope at least the kids will read 1984. 

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Wormerine said:

I hope at least the kids will read 1984 A Brave New World.

FTFY :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Ah, love that the company that is 40% owned by the Chinese state is whinging about freedoms all of a sudden.

• Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I don't play Fornite but I do like the Unreal Engine, so I hope Epic wins. Legally they do have a case in that Apple and Google have been engaging in monopolistic practices, socially: What the hell are a bunch of 12 year olds going to do? Ask their parents to buy them an Android because they're boycotting Apple?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

On 8/12/2020 at 9:48 PM, Wormerine said:

If someone wants to playtest Baldur's Gate3 in Gent, Quebec City or Kuala Lumpur you can find more information and apply here.

Im funny like that, I have never play tested or been part of any early trial phase of any game because it would ruin the excitement when I play the game after the first major update 

And when it comes to such a highly anticipated game like BG3 I dont want to create any unnecessary negativity I may feel is normal in a early trial ...but I do appreciate the  effort some gamers put in around the important task of reporting bugs and ultimately making the game more stable for people like me :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

15 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Fortnite got removed from Apple and Google stores after trying to bypass the obligatory pay cut to said companies. Epic sues both Apple and Google.

Epic claimes an absurd high moral ground by trying to rally it's mostly underage demographic against the corporate overlord Apple:

Nothing speaks genuine, like pre-rendered Orwell video ready for release. I hope at least the kids will read 1984. 

Well, I thought it was a somewhat clever stab at Apples own bull**** in 1984, it is afterall a direct copy of their own commercial.

• Thanks 1

Fortune favors the bald.

It probably goes past most peoples head.

Truth told, I'm also quite unhappy about the 30% cut that they take off of everything. However, Steam also takes 30% - they really aren't any better and nobody is fighting them or is able to really fight them.

What's the current market situation with EG anyways? Obviously they try to get people to use their software with all the free games they constantly release... but is it working?

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I finally made an EGS account yesterday so I guess their persistence finally worked. No reason to install the client just yet to so I have no idea how good it is. As long as it's more reliable at actually downloading games than the Microsoft Store app, I'll be happy, as that's all I ask of a distribution platform. I will treat it like any other non-GOG platform though, in that I'll buy from it if it has the best price. Based on my recent shopping that seems unlikely, since I almost always end up buying from the likes of Fanatical, WinGameStore, Voidu, etc. (I'm willing to pay around a 10% premium for GOG though)

P.S. I didn't know it didn't have achievements, but that's a plus in my book. Hate 'em.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

53 minutes ago, Lexx said:

What's the current market situation with EG anyways? Obviously they try to get people to use their software with all the free games they constantly release... but is it working?

From a purely anecdotal pov, only for the <20 year old crowd. They are the future customer base however, so Epic might simply be playing the long game.

That said, I do think it's great there's competition to Valve's increasing dominance of the last 10 years. Valve have so far staved off slipping into worst and all too familiar monopoly sinkholes of disappearing features, rising prices and less consumer friendly practices - but the only way to keep them honest is good old competition. 

Edited by Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

2 hours ago, Rosbjerg said:

Well, I thought it was a somewhat clever stab at Apples own bull**** in 1984, it is afterall a direct copy of their own commercial.

alright! Yeah, as someone not being born yet at that time, and growing up in mostly apple free environments I didn’t see the direct parody. Still, while apples might have taken an advantage “the year” it didn’t seem to try mobilise it’s underage demographic to pester their competitors in what is purely a corporate **** measuring contest, 

55 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Truth told, I'm also quite unhappy about the 30% cut that they take off of everything. However, Steam also takes 30% - they really aren't any better and nobody is fighting them or is able to really fight them.

Oh, I absolutely don’t like Apples strongarming companies by not allowing third party stores. I don’t it’s even comparable to Steam - steam SELLS games, so it’s only fair they want to make cash from selling games on their platforms, and they still allow for 3rd part stores like humble, GMG, Kickstarter and others. Unlike Apple which sells hardware, but then charges for every app for privilege of being on iOS. 

Both cuttting Apples 30% cut, and Steams’ is potentially good, but I have no doubt that Epic doesn’t care about anyone else beside their bottom line. I really doubt Epic will continue being so “benevolent” once it’s manages to overthrow competition. 

7,5million claimed their free copy of Total War Saga: Troy. So clearly a lot of users are fishing for free game. How it translates to an actual business - I have no clue. 

Edited by Wormerine