rAND-ohm vIDeO game NEW$

Amentep

3 hours ago, Azdeus said:

"Howdy guys, welcome back to another episode of American Truck Simulator!" 🤣

I'm playing the most advanced version of American Truck Simulator ever made. Even Bokishi can't come close to this level of graphical fidelity. Also, let me tell you about my wheel and pedals setup; the force feedback is amazingly realistic. :-

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

48 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I'm playing the most advanced version of American Truck Simulator ever made. Even Bokishi can't come close to this level of graphical fidelity. Also, let me tell you about my wheel and pedals setup; the force feedback is amazingly realistic. :-

Oh yeah, that setup is damn impressive, it's quite the dedication to build a full sim ****pit like that! 😋

• Haha 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

41 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

Are they all automatic now, or do people still drive manuals for work?

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

3 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Are they all automatic now, or do people still drive manuals for work?

The Peterbilt 579 I drive is automatic, all the trucks in my company's fleet are 'matics. There are still plenty of manuals out on the road, a lot of owner operators have them, but the industry as a whole is definitely moving toward 'matics, at least here in Murica.

I missed manual when I first got put in a 'matic. A few traffic jams later I converted to the Church of the Holy Matic. :wowey:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

The Peterbilt 579 I drive is automatic, all the trucks in my company's fleet are 'matics. There are still plenty of manuals out on the road, a lot of owner operators have them, but the industry as a whole is definitely moving toward 'matics, at least here in Murica.

I missed manual when I first got put in a 'matic. A few traffic jams later I converted to the Church of the Holy Matic. :wowey:

Eastern European drivers often have manuals, the only Swedish registered manual truck I've seen is the one that belongs to the mechanics that fixes our trailers, it's old as hell but they don't drive it a whole lot.

• Thanks 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

For those who like their nostalgia..

WCNews - First Cut of Enhanced WC3 Clips released

Due to popular demand, ODVS has put together and posted a complete set of enhanced Wing Commander 3 videos! There is not yet a method developed to integrate these directly into the game, but it's still an awesome trove of cutscenes to play around with. These are based off the Playstation version, so the source material is slightly higher quality. Then ODVS used his AI/machine learning process to increase the quality substantially. It's certainly not up to modern HD standards, but it's a huge improvement over the original footage. There are a couple of new test videos as well as download links below. It's highly likely that a superior iteration will be released in the months ahead, but this provides a fun collection of clips to play around with now.

• Like 6

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

18 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I can't justify buying a Switch just for 1 game. On the other hand, it's MegaTen. Dammit!

BoringDeadlyIberianlynx-size_restricted.

If its any help, they're also releasing the SMT3 remaster on Switch as well.  

My hope is that SMT-V is more like SMT-III and less like SMT-IV...

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Dammit, @Amentep, now I'm even more tempted to waste my money on a Switch. >_<

As an aside, whenever anyone mentions SMT IV, I immediately think Strange Journey (which was awesome) rather than the actual SMT IV (which was aight). MegaTen's numbering scheme leaves a lot to be desired.

As an aside to the aside, can a brother get a new Devil Summoner? Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

• Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I liked Strange Journey, but I could never get into SMT IV.  I didn't even get halfway through either.  That said, part of that was I had trouble with the DS screen size and even struggled with Strange Journey, so I'd probably get SMT IV a try if they remade it for the switch...

• Thanks 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Since you had(ve) a DS, did you play either of the Devil Survivor games? I loved the **** out of those.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I played the first one and enjoyed it.  I don't know that I ever saw the second one anywhere I could purchase it when it came out.  *Goes and looks at cover* yup I missed that one entirely.

All that and they choose a song from GTAV, bah.  Rockstar would pull a lot of money if they ever remastered SA.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's pretty I'll give 'em that. It's been a while since I played through the original mafia now, but I don't remember exploding barrels being a staple. I don't remember Tommy being quite as skilled in gun-fu either, I remember him being alot slower.

Edit; Went and looked for some Mafia 1 gunplay, and what actually struck me much more was the difference in recoil on the weapons. Mafia 1 actually moved your screen when shooting more forcefully, and the new tommygun doesn't seem to recoil at all.

Edit 2; Forgot to add the old gameplay vid. Same mission.

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Azdeus said:

Edit; Went and looked for some Mafia 1 gunplay, and what actually struck me much more was the difference in recoil on the weapons. Mafia 1 actually moved your screen when shooting more forcefully, and the new tommygun doesn't seem to recoil at all.

Yes, guns in M1 had lots of recoil and controlling Tommygun took some serious aim correction. This looks like a standard covershooter, however health doesn't seem to regenerate? That's something at least. Expected - M1 didn't play well on consoles from what I hear. Too bad I liked it's gameplay on PC more then M2.

Something I am positively surprised by is language. Mafia1 has a PG writing and was clearly not authentic, which I felt gave it a more charm and allowed to get away with a lot silly things. M2 went for more authentic Scorsese feel, and IMO only underlined how poor it's story and characters were compared to films that inspired it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wormerine said:

Yes, guns in M1 had lots of recoil and controlling Tommygun took some serious aim correction. This looks like a standard covershooter, however health doesn't seem to regenerate? That's something at least. Expected - M1 didn't play well on consoles from what I hear. Too bad I liked it's gameplay on PC more then M2.

Something I am positively surprised by is language. Mafia1 has a PG writing and was clearly not authentic, which I felt gave it a more charm and allowed to get away with a lot silly things. M2 went for more authentic Scorsese feel, and IMO only underlined how poor it's story and characters were compared to films that inspired it.

I'm the same, I enjoyed it immensly and I think it reflected well on the fact that you actually were a taxi driver and not, as someone in the comments section wrote, John Wick. But yeah, it looks... run of the mill. I'm pretty certain they will have equally neutered (To my tastes) driving model.

I didn't pay any attention to what they were saying to be honest, I just really disliked the sound and looks of the characters, the modern version really does sound technically better, I'm just talking about the generall sound of them.

I've seen several of you post on the Assassin's Creed games in this and other threads, so would like to get some feedback from anyone about those games. Right now on Steam AC: Origins is 80% off and AC: Odyssey is 67% off, and so I was considering getting them. Any thoughts on these games, both positive and negative? In particular, should I bother with Origins, or else ignore that game and go straight to Odyssey? And also, I know they began introducing RPG elements only from Origins, so do these games actually have decent RPG value or else are they just mostly hack and slash action games with little of note outside of combat? Many thanks in advance.