Politics XXXVIII (A Nontotient)

Amentep

Well maybe US should disband this thousands of law enforcement agencies and create one stable police force like a sane country would do? Just a thought.

I don't think you realize how ridiculous and bizarre your talk about "escalation" is to people outside the US. We had last year 111 thousand drunk drivers pulled over, you know how many escalated to violence and someone being injured or killed? Zero, null, nada.  

I like the police force, I support them, but man US need to get it together in that department.

• Like 1

166215__front.jpg

first, we already addressed the national police issue. requires a change to the Constitution. 

second, poland is not the US. we have a 2nd amendment well armed populace which is far more diverse than is poland's, resulting in a police force which is necessarily fearful whenever confronting the public and consequently resulting in portions o' the public being distrustful o' cops. also, as Gromnir and the vox article points out, our police training is focused on suppression o' escalation as 'posed to genuine avoidance o' conflict or de escalation. 

but yeah, go ahead and prove our point. we observed foundational problem is being overlooked and you serve yourself up as a case in point. we cannot have a national police force. a singular national police is prohibited by the Constitution, which results in thousands o' local law enforcements needing find their own way. 

edit:

am knowing how to a casual and outside observer, skarp_one would appear to perhaps be a Gromnir dopple we set up just to say the most easily refuted nonsense sole to provide us the opportunity to beat the stuffing outta him. instead o' needing deal with a reals and intelligent response, we post as skarp_one so we can control the dialog. am admitting such a ploy, while not Gromnir's style, would be an appealing conspiracy conclusion, 'cause how could a poster so routinely be skarp_one and be real? however, is not true. am not skarp_one.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

am gonna admit we didn't like the jared's father angle. there is criticisms o' jared related to his father which is legit, but to casual suggest jared ain't trustworthy 'cause his father is a convicted felon and slumlord is unfair.

am personal not blaming anybody for the sins o' their parents. evar. lincoln project don't pull punches, but that were a shot below the belt and possible a tyson ear bite.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"Speaking of the NRA, there was a local case they were fighting in my home town. I guess the city council wanted to make it so you had to report stolen firearms within 48 hours instead of the state's rule of 5 days. The NRA fought it. Which I just don't get. I mean, I'm not entirely sure why our city needs to have a different requirement than the state, but I don't get what the NRA gains from fighting this. In my perfect world, the NRA should be the ones pushing responsible gun ownership. When your guns get stolen, it would seem to be the responsible thing to do to report that immediately. Who is the NRA defending by fighting this?  "

Well, because it basically make criminals/lawbreakers out of people who got their property stolen. I understand the logic of why the law exists but it seems silly. 2 days or 5 days or 1 minute it don't matter.  Why not push to make it that you gotta call the police within a second of your gun being stolen?  Is it it illegal to not report a stolen bike or other stuff? To me thbis is legal overreach period - even if there is decent logic behind it - because it punishes the victim(s) who had their property stolen and not the criminal who did the  stealing.

FREEDOM FIRST.  But, hey, let's continue to make laws to steal more  money, inprison more people, harass victims,  give the police more excuse to murder people, etc.  Reminds me when prosecutors threaten to punish rape victims/other victims when they refuse to testify.

Like I said, I understand the logic behind the law but anti victim is still anti victim. Plus, this creates more work for the police which I'm betting many of those who are pro this law want to defund them. LMAO

"am gonna admit we didn't like the jared's father angle. there is criticisms o' jared related to his father which is legit, but to casual suggest jared ain't trustworthy 'cause his father is a convicted felon and slumlord is unfair.

am personal not blaming anybody for the sins o' their parents. evar. lincoln project don't pull punches, but that were a shot below the belt and possible a tyson ear bite."

Makes perfect since he is a white trash so his very existence is problematic. White people are still getting blamed for slavery centuries with certain people claiming they 'created' it even though slavery was around before white people existed as they ignore slavery's roots in Afrika, ME, or even in NA or SA.

I say individuals are 100% responsible for their own actions. That's it. I never owned a slave so I'm not ever going to apologize for it. PERIOD.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

2 hours ago, Volourn said:

"am gonna admit we didn't like the jared's father angle. there is criticisms o' jared related to his father which is legit, but to casual suggest jared ain't trustworthy 'cause his father is a convicted felon and slumlord is unfair.

am personal not blaming anybody for the sins o' their parents. evar. lincoln project don't pull punches, but that were a shot below the belt and possible a tyson ear bite."

Makes perfect since he is a white trash so his very existence is problematic. White people are still getting blamed for slavery centuries with certain people claiming they 'created' it even though slavery was around before white people existed as they ignore slavery's roots in Afrika, ME, or even in NA or SA.

I say individuals are 100% responsible for their own actions. That's it. I never owned a slave so I'm not ever going to apologize for it. PERIOD.

is a little disquieting how readily you turn our comment into an opportunity to indulge white male victimization anxiety. am not surprised, but it is disquieting. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps we did our darndest to find a relevant vox article.

Look. A new racist sexist term/phrase that is found acceptable by people who cry about 'racism' and 'sexism'. LMAO

Then again, I'm not surprised, you support the old white racist man Biden.

Gromnir and Others: trump is bad man. He mean and racist.

Biden; Says racist trash like 'if you vote Trump you ain't black' or 'all black people are the same'

Gromnir and others: Trump is racist. Biden will save us because he has experience in politics that span decades... experience that shows his racism.

Trump is a toolbag. So are anti Trumpers. They deserve each other.

As for 'victimization anxiety'... that's funny sicne that is what these riots are about. White police who kill blacks are tiny% of blacks killed in the US yet that is what people are rioting about - not the black man murdered by a white man because he dared to wear a Trumptard hat. Or the black girl studying in her room who gets murdered. People like Grom don't think those lives matter. But, the lfie of someone who stuck a gun into a pregnant woman's stomach is more important than theirs (the cop was wrong; that fact doesn't change).

P.S. I have no 'victim anxiety'.  I'm no victim. Only cowards let themselves be that kind of mental victim. You know, people who get 'despression' in their million dollar mansion. LMAO

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Gromnir said:

first, we already addressed the national police issue. requires a change to the Constitution. 

Then change it.

as Gromnir and the vox article points out, our police training is focused on suppression o' escalation as 'posed to genuine avoidance o' conflict or de escalation. 

Then change it.

resulting in a police force which is necessarily fearful whenever confronting the public and consequently resulting in portions o' the public being distrustful o' cops

Then change it.

am knowing how to a casual and outside observer, skarp_one would appear to perhaps be a Gromnir dopple we set up just to say the most easily refuted nonsense sole to provide us the opportunity to beat the stuffing outta him. instead o' needing deal with a reals and intelligent response, we post as skarp_one so we can control the dialog. am admitting such a ploy, while not Gromnir's style, would be an appealing conspiracy conclusion, 'cause how could a poster so routinely be skarp_one and be real? however, is not true. am not skarp_one.

Ah, the usual adpersonam when someone is not drinking the Gromnirs cool aid. Does insulting and twisting people names work in your line of work?

166215__front.jpg

1 hour ago, Volourn said:

vol meltdown, which skarp_one liked

similar to skarp_one earlier, your unhinged response does wonders to prove our point.

speaking for Gromnir is always a bad idea for vol as vol can barely string together coherent ideas for himself. stick to what we said as 'posed to what you attribute to us and you will make fewer mistakes. fewer. not expecting miracles.

and is tough to work up much compassion for vol's most recent victimization troll seeing how he is the one who curiously injected race into our criticism o' the republicans who attacked kushner. you bring up race outta nowhere and then have a little fit o' apoplexy when somebody observes how inappropriate were your fixation on race... which predictable set you off on a race-based rant.

okie dokie.

as for skarp_one...

*chuckle*

you cannot help self, can you?

we already responded to your "change it, " charge, but you either forgot or didn't understand.

possible spam:

we got no solutions save obvious bit o' overused pith: think globally, act locally. solutions is not gonna come from washington dc or even nashville. get enough localities to change and eventual you will see the same kinda homogenization which occurred to bring 'bout our current difficulties with policy and training fails 'mongst police. horrible solution... complete unsatisfactory and is assuming a temporal remote timeline for widespread change.

fundamental problem is US police is different, as is so much in the US. we look like much o' the western world from the pov o' a casual outside observer, but our Constitution and values is different. requires unique solutions.

'course you could change the Constitution and make federal police possible.

so, our response is: read it.

not only is changing the Constitution on a polarizing issue so utter improbable as to be equivalent o' suggesting we use a billon gummy bears to fix the police problems, but it ain't even desirable.

next time, read it.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"bring up race outta nowhere"

Racism is everywhere. It is institutional. Haven't you heard? So, to claim that it was 'brought up out of nowhere' is laughably intellectually dishonest. I don't care about Kushner. He is an anti freedom anti free speech SJW Nazi. He is a piece of garbage.

Just now, Volourn said:

"bring up race outta nowhere"

Racism is everywhere. It is institutional. 

might wanna argue for institutionalization o' Gromnir, but am not thinking we count as an institution. am suspecting you don't understand the term you use.

regardless, "racism is everywhere," is hardly the validation you believe. as you attempt to use, it literally would excuse having made same response no matter what were the contents o' our post... or any other post. hurl's observation 'bout invisible gene hackmans? sure. is appropriate, 'cause racism is everywhere? w/o context, such words is meaningless.

HA! Good Fun!

21 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

That's a most despicable person.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Not sure I agree, posting an amp link is just lazy rather than despicable.

I'd be surprised if multiple current MKs didn't say similar privately, they'd definitely be thinking it, and there's certainly plenty of effort going into trying to make political capital by trying to implicate Hezbollah from Israel, KSA and the US. Ironically of course, it was KSA/ US patsy Saad Hariri who was in power for most of the time the ammonium nitrate was there. Such is life in the middle east.

OTOH kind of hilarious watching Beeb coverage fellating Macron during his visit to Beirut. Thought something was a bit off with Macron's reception, but of course it was Phalange central he visited. Hence them yelling about the President specifically since he's seen as a traitor- Aoun is Christian too, but not extreme enough for them. Would have got a slightly different reception in Sunni or Shia areas. Of course, the Phalange are literally literally genocidal (Sabra and Chatila massacre) though that hasn't stopped the BBC using [Gemayel Iterations] as sources for comment on Lebanon without noting that they are, literally literally, fascists.

Unsurprisingly, the Phalange was the predominant western/ Israeli backed force in the Lebanese Civil War, indeed Ariel Sharon actively facilitated the Sabra and Chatila massacre and was cashiered for it, until genociding Palestinians became an electoral asset at least.

The NRA will likely survive it's current difficulties. Not sure it deserves to. Because of the cause it champions and it's political alignment it is certainly going to be more zealously investigated and prosecuted than other advocacy groups/non-profits. Particularly those leaning left. But Wayne LaPierre and his cronies have left it wide open to that with their greed and corruption. In 1992 I bought a lifetime membership because the 2nd Amendment IS as Thomas put it since a "disfavored right" and one the government would be very pleased to eventually strip us of. 

In the years since I've made numerous donations and supported NRA backed candidates and initiatives. That stopped, of course, five years ago when all of this s--t came to light. I makes me very angry (understated) that my donations have been used to enrich the members of the executive committee rather than help the cause. I've cancelled my lifetime membership (a purely symbolic move since it's paid for and I'm still alive) removed myself from their mailings and they have received their last penny from me. 

The 2nd Amendment needs and deserves earnest and forthright advocacy. Whatever people think of it,  it is as important and essential to American security and liberty as every other right endowed by our creator guaranteed by our government. Perhaps if the NRA falls into ignoble destruction a new organization will give us that.  

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The "Revolutionary Communist Party" of the US has endorsed Joe Biden: https://revcom.us/index.html

Wow. Did you guys know the US has more than one Communist Party? I didn't. Well, the CPUSA, the REAL US Communist Party endorsed Barack Obama.... twice. For whatever that's worth. They did not endorse Clinton and I would be somewhat surprised if Biden gets a nod. But.... never know.

This news is a bit of a nothing burger. Just posting as a curiosity.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

• Gorth locked this topic

Misery seeks company... continued here

:closed:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein