Politics XXXVIII (A Nontotient)

Amentep

AFTER doing the interview, trump tweets:

"Corrupt Joe Biden wants to defund our police. He may use different words, but when you look at his pact with Crazy Bernie, and other things, that’s what he wants to do. It would destroy America!"

the bridge troll cannot help himself. a double-down is inevitable.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Well no wonder the media are trying to spin the narrative that Biden is not supporting the defund police notion. When any sane person sees that he does.

Trump is already gaining support from the blue heroes:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/politics/national-association-police-organizations-endorses-trump-reelection-after-backing-biden.amp

166215__front.jpg

1 hour ago, Gromnir said:

AFTER doing the interview, trump tweets:

"Corrupt Joe Biden wants to defund our police. He may use different words, but when you look at his pact with Crazy Bernie, and other things, that’s what he wants to do. It would destroy America!"

the bridge troll cannot help himself. a double-down is inevitable.

HA! Good Fun!

While technically Biden did not say such openly, you can see a decision making trend in democrat controlled metropolitan areas. 

Biden needs to deal first with so called swing states, especially those, where his support for a "green deal" would result in job losses and clashes with unions. 

Democrats are very much split to different camps when it comes to defund police, universal health care, UBI, etc. issues and Biden is pretty much conservative when it comes to these issues, meaning that he opposes them. But he is political animal, who does not want to alienate big sunk of democratic base by openly opposing those issues.

Green new deal, would most likely create jobs in swing states, because green tech new mines for minerals which mining needs higher level technology and therefore would pay and mining companies would prefer to have their expansive mining equipment in safer countries. Green tech demands high quality level manufacturing plants which is one of the segments in which USA is able to compete with China and other cheap labor countries. Government forced green tech would also ensure better profits for companies who make the infrastructure. Moving to green tech would actually hurt more democratic main areas like California and New York, which have have high energy consuming data centers, but also heavy industry plants would face higher running costs, but that doesn't necessary mean that their competitiveness decline as green tech initiatives usually include so called green taxes that targets products and services with high carbon foot print which hurts quite lot products coming from cheap labor countries.

So in other words green new deal is different way to do what Trump's government is currently doing, meaning supporting domestic industries and taxing foreign products. Biggest difference is that Trump government's policies give money to industries which currently have difficulties to be profitable and green new deal would give money to companies to innovate something new although it would need to accomplish government's goals.

3 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Education is being defunded and no one seems too worried about that at the White House.

We all have to make sacrifices so the government can give billions to businesses whose owners and operators are friends with people in the government. 

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

4 hours ago, Darkpriest said:

While technically Biden did not say such openly, you can see a decision making trend in democrat controlled metropolitan areas. 

Biden needs to deal first with so called swing states, especially those, where his support for a "green deal" would result in job losses and clashes with unions. 

you people are nuts. 

only explicit comments from biden is that he doesn't support defund, but you rabid squirrels thinks you found a nut hiding underneath his words?

serious, this is why the volish stuff bothers us. only explanation we see is you and skarpy is attributing a position to biden 'cause you believe such is a democrat/liberal position and lack o' evidence, or even evidence which complete refutes is ignored in favor o' the conclusion you wanna believe. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps am anticipating a trumpish double-down from you and/or skarpy. 

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 minute ago, Gromnir said:

you people are nuts. 

only explicit comments from biden is that he doesn't support defund, but you rabid squirrels thinks you found a nut hiding underneath his words?

serious, this is why the volish stuff bothers us. only explanation we see is you and skarpy is attributing a position to biden 'cause you believe such is a democrat/liberal position and lack o' evidence, or even evidence which complete refutes is ignored in favor o' the conclusion you wanna believe. 

HA! Good Fun!

While I agree that there is no outright confirmation, it's natural someone can grow some skepticism. There doesn't seem to be a strong voice to oppose that, and i read that some police reforms proposed by Republicans were rejected by Democrats i  the congres. 

So how is it with the police and democrats in USA? 

and right on schedule. thanks for proving a point.

(edit:)

btw, there is no The Police in the US. is more o' a mistake to generalize police than even democrats which itself is gonna have you making mistaken assumptions as often as not. 

there is no US police. full-stop. period. 

each state has hundreds o' different police entities, all acting with degrees o' autonomy. county sheriffs departments may have vast different training and monetary support than a municipal police department which may very well have overlapping jurisdiction. city and county and state police organizations will have unique relationships with localities.

and btw, the federal government is specific prohibited from interfering with state police power by the Constitution. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps weren't more than a few month ago when folk such as klobuchar and harris were running for democrat ticket, we were being reminded o' the prosecutorial experience o' a few democrat Presidential candidates. unlike trump who claims to be a law and order politician, harris, in particular, were the real deal. she worked daily with and against cops to get tough on crime.  don't generalize.

Edited by Gromnir

a few years ago gd claimed obama were in support o' a national police force. obama never did or said anything which would validate such a belief other than gd's views of democrats and a few obama comments which had nothing whatsoever to do with establishing a national police. this kinda mistake is not new on these boards.

however, we bring up not to embarrass gd, but to point out how trump's current actions in portland should have @Guard Dog frothing with rage, and lack o' similar condemnation from everybody in Congress, regardless o' party, is troubling... or is troubling if accusations is true. am waiting for some kinda evidence other than a few staged or questionable videos, but portland mayor statements alone is damning. if the United States has sent law enforcement to portland w/o state/local approval, then such would be a serious breach o' the public trust as well as an abominable violation o' the Constitution.

for some senators, there is no bridge too far. fact the public as a whole isn't more outraged shows just how far we has fallen in such a short time. 

update:

DHS Official On Reports Of Federal Officers Detaining Protesters In Portland, Ore.

"But, you know, this is a posture we intend to continue not just in Portland but in any of the facilities that we're responsible for around the country."

so, not just portland.

all those nightmare scenarios Gromnir mentioned post 9/11 is finally coming to life. the federal protection service don't have the authority the dhs deputy secretary claims, but it don't matter if nobody will stop the President.

Edited by Gromnir
added an @

@Gromnir

Then who is responsible for protecting the federal property? 

Is there such a thing as a Federal property that is outside of state jurisdiction/ownership? 

If there is, what are the rules in case it is endangered and local force does not do sufficient work to protect it?  

25 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

@Gromnir

Then who is responsible for protecting the federal property? 

Is there such a thing as a Federal property that is outside of state jurisdiction/ownership? 

If there is, what are the rules in case it is endangered and local force does not do sufficient work to protect it?  

they aren't arresting people on federal property. 

if situation were a fed courthouse, and some jerk attacked a judge or a witness, then the onsite fps could arrest.  arrest folks off fed property on mere suspicion they may have been involved in property damage o' a fed building? 

again, the US is not like european countries. this kinda thing is specific prohibited. try and use fps to crackdown on protesters is so beyond the pale it beggars the imagination.

get a warrant. work with state authorities whose job it is to deal with vandalism and property crimes. etc. is not as if fed is powerless to do anything 'bout those who vandalize fed property which exist in States. however, to use o' dhs/fps this way is what we feared in 2001-2002, but hoped would never happen.

the only saving grace is fps and dhs is having an extreme small number o' personnel, relative speaking. with current numbers, this insanity may only be taken so far. 

trivia: 

our recollection is fuzzy as to numbers, but ~1790, the fed government initiated the fps. almost as old as the fed government. purpose o' the legislation were to make possible to hire less than a dozen night watchman to protect a handful o' fed buildings. 

Edited by Gromnir
trivia
  • Thanks 1

Here is an example of defunding the police: https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/07/01/lausd-board-votes-to-slash-school-police-budget-by-25m/

Now people are mostly in 2 camps on this. You have the one side that is like "F the police". Then you have the other side that is like "School shootings are going to happen!"

Meanwhile I'm like, why the heck does the school district pay 25 million dollars to the police department? WTF?

1 hour ago, Gromnir said:

a few years ago gd claimed obama were in support o' a national police force. obama never did or said anything which would validate such a belief other than gd's views of democrats and a few obama comments which had nothing whatsoever to do with establishing a national police. this kinda mistake is not new on these boards.

however, we bring up not to embarrass gd, but to point out how trump's current actions in portland should have @Guard Dog frothing with rage, and lack o' similar condemnation from everybody in Congress, regardless o' party, is troubling... or is troubling if accusations is true. am waiting for some kinda evidence other than a few staged or questionable videos, but portland mayor statements alone is damning. if the United States has sent law enforcement to portland w/o state/local approval, then such would be a serious breach o' the public trust as well as an abominable violation o' the Constitution.

for some senators, there is no bridge too far. fact the public as a whole isn't more outraged shows just how far we has fallen in such a short time. 

update:

DHS Official On Reports Of Federal Officers Detaining Protesters In Portland, Ore.

"But, you know, this is a posture we intend to continue not just in Portland but in any of the facilities that we're responsible for around the country."

so, not just portland.

all those nightmare scenarios Gromnir mentioned post 9/11 is finally coming to life. the federal protection service don't have the authority the dhs deputy secretary claims, but it don't matter if nobody will stop the President.

Not to pick pepper from fly sh-t here but Obama WASthe one talking about a national security force as well armed as well equipped as the US Military. Remind me again what kind of gear is the US military equipped with? Of course that was back before he took office. Back when I was terrified he was a radical ideologue come to  break it all and remake it in his image. The Obama we ended up getting was a run of the mill Democrat no worse than any I might name. Hell I'd trade Trump for him right now. 

The DHS (which should not even exist IMO) completely ignoring the law, the constitution, and 234 years of (mostly) precedent is pretty disgusting. Big Brother has always been peeking around the corner at us. Now he's out in the open laughing at us. No surprise it happens under Trump. You are right though, It IS surprising it's happening with do little outcry.

The worst part is, now it's done. The next President will do it again and go even farther. #47 will go farther than that. 

As for me:

110146835_2702626080016922_3991417698401

F--k them. Enjoy your dictatorship everyone. When they come for me I will die and hopefully give a good account for myself before. 

Like I told you a few weeks ago. I don't know if it CAN be saved. People measure themselves for chains after all. 

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

33 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Meanwhile I'm like, why the heck does the school district pay 25 million dollars to the police department? WTF?

'cause it takes a couple lawsuits where a student or teacher is injured and the injury coulda' been prevented by cop presence to be resulting in a loss o' more than $25 million by the school district?

trick question?

recall the mcdonald's coffee lawsuit everybody gets upset 'bout. am suspecting kids in your school district got hurt at some point. injury-incident made the school district aware o' a problem. by not taking measures to prevent future injury-incidents, district opens self up to heightened damage calculations.

blame the lawyers if it makes you feel better.

@Guard Dog and no, obama were not talking 'bout a national police force. we asked you to show support for such years ago and when you did it weren't actual support. is not new ground being tread. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps given how much we blasted obama in the past on his non-response to the rioting and anti-police sentiment which exploded late in his administration, am conceding his touchy-feely national community outreach to diminish the need for police kinda looks prescient in 2020.

Edited by Gromnir

Biden has stated he plans to 'redirect police funds elsewhere'. Sounds like a 'defund the police' mantra with colourful words. I have no doubt Biden will do what the BLM/Antifa Nazis want him to do.

(of course, police should *lose* some funds since they shouldn't be doing 'wellness checks' to begin with it).

As for these sneaky 'under cover' cops/goons. They are scumbags.  They should identify themselves. PERIOD. Quite frnakjly, these are the 'cops' who BLM/Anbtifa should defend themselves against not the ones in blue unifroms but they know the one sin blue unfiroms will take it. I mean, some  guy in blue unfirm bowed to them and they still aassaulted him . LMAO

Of course, if the anti amerikan governors and mayors did their jobs the federal punks wouldn't have an excuse to go go all Nazi on people.

But, that's Amerika for ya. 

P.S. NY arrested a black woman and a transgender person for daring to use blue paint on their precious moral. And, the bLM/Antifa people cheered the police on..

HYPOCRISY.

And, why do Antifa/BLM allow pedophiles to leads them? LMAO

Also, forcing the policer to put up BLM posters up when BLM is designed to terorrize, murde,r rape, and destroy the police is hilarious. That is unsafe work environment. The police offciers should sue their employers.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

34 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

@Gromnir

The whole thing with different policing units is confusing. Local police, state police, sheriff, federal, various special units, etc. 

How do you monitor and manage all that mix of overlapping authorities? 😱

That's why we started the FBI.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

@Gromnir

So hiw would you address this interview? 

What is this mentioned insurgency act's purpose, and what would constitute calling it. From what i read, it was used once in modern history during LA riots. 

Is this an inaccurate case? 

It would corroborate some of what @Volourn about Antifa/BLM protesters and their voilence

Edited by Darkpriest
Added another vid to expand topic

2 hours ago, Volourn said:

Biden has stated he plans to 'redirect police funds elsewhere'. Sounds like a 'defund the police' mantra with colourful words. I have no doubt Biden will do what the BLM/Antifa Nazis want him to do.

Hah, no. He'll do whatever the wealthy people that control the purse strings want him to do. Just like every politician. 

• Thanks 1

"Biden has stated he plans to 'redirect police funds elsewhere'. Sounds like a 'defund the police' mantra with colourful words. I have no doubt Biden will do what the BLM/Antifa Nazis want him to do. "

Hmm. But if he fails to defund the police he'd be doing what the police want him to do- which would make him a Police Nazi. What a quandry.

Are you telling me they're all Nazis?

Always has been.

8 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Education is being defunded and no one seems too worried about that at the White House.

This i do not understand. Education is a key to advancements. Nothing helped civiliaztion growth in 1900s more than making education widespread and increasing literacy levels. 

I'm personally baffled by the fact, that we pay 100s of millions of dollars to individual entertainers, but we accept that people get poor education instead of a good one, which would also provide guidance to either some labor intensive tradecrafts or white collar/science careers, and teach on importance of responsible parenhood and supportive family

Edited by Darkpriest
Late evening sartuday causes

"Hah, no. He'll do whatever the wealthy people that control the purse strings want him to do. Just like every politician.  "

Well, yeah, and currently, most of the big power breakers are on side of the 'defund the police' mantra and ar epro BLM.

Hence, why people get fired and ****canned for daring to say ALL LIVES MATTER, BLUE LIVES MATTER, or WHITE LIVES MATTER.

They literally threw a black woman and a transgender person in prison because they dared to put blue paint over a BLM mural but are allowing all sorts of other vandalism. LMAO

"Hmm. But if he fails to defund the police he'd be doing what the police want him to do- which would make him a Police Nazi. What a quandry."

I'm not as pro police as some think I am.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.