Politics XXXVIII (A Nontotient)

Amentep

Oh my... I have no idea, if this type of thinking is driving the current changes, but it is so wrong... Seriously? So many of these are so wrong... 

https://nmaahc.si.edu/learn/talking-about-race/topics/whiteness

@Maedhros @ShadySands @BruceVC

To address some of the previous thread. The point here is, that there is no simple black and white solutions and looking at a world through simple, ideologically driven concepts, will regress the civilization. 

Apply similar levels of scrutiny to anyone and you will see that a lot of people will suddenly have a lot more flaws. 

I certainly got on a receiving end of the big mouthed Orange man aka. losing some money, but this is where I look at something else. What are the actual actions and their consequences, and how it fits in a bigger picture beyond someones immediate emotions. I couldn't care less for someone's feels just because someone doesn't like a word. 

Going further, I like being pragmatic and value reason, logic and hard data/facts. I also dislike the 'insta story' culture, which leads to nothing more than lynch mobs and a destruction of due process. (and there is a lot of lynch mobs in the USA now) 

Maybe I'll put later some other post regarding other 'problematic' topics, and that they are nothing more than displays of geneticly driven unconcious bias, and survival tactic of ingroup and outgroup bias. 

Edited by Darkpriest
  • Like 1

• Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I wonder how accurate this is. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/twitter-hiding-screenshot-its-trending-and-search-blacklist-tools

Btw, this is the usual list of my morning reads. 

Reuters 

Bloomberg

WSJ

Marketwatch

ZeroHedge

Occasionally I'll glimpse at things like Yahoo News and FoxNews Youtube for some headlines in regards to US. 

Edited by Darkpriest

1 hour ago, Guard Dog said:

can't speak to legitimacy o' article. the toronto sun is a conservative tabloid and we can't find any yusra khogali articles at more reputable toronto news sources which corroborate. is numerous conservative blogs n' such reposting what you linked, but that's it.

nevertheless, let's assume for a moment everything in the article is true.... which is a Big Stretch, no? even if true, founder is not same as leader. blm don't have a leader, though perhaps blm toronto does... have no idea. am knowing we wouldn't' trust the sun if we wanted to know such details.

am understanding why at least US blm don't have any kinda leadership. protesters in hong kong is kinda a 2020 model for protesters dealing with government suppression efforts. heck, look to US history including nixon going after black panthers (and others) and more recent obama targeting tea party, has a disorganized resistance scheme being the model du jour. 21st century tech makes organization less necessary 'cause it takes little to have like minded folks gather via the internet and kinda/sorta agree to take some kinda action... which spontaneous morphs into a flash mob or something similar. the protesters don't need military precision as they ain't attacking fortified positions.   

downside is lack o' blm leadership means there isn't a recognized voice to disavow behaviour and actors which is not representing the blm message. even the notion o' core values for blm is a bit fluid as such requires consensus which comes with organization blm is active resisting.

again, am sympathetic to blm choice to forgo leadership. doj sending out fbi to kick in doors and possible arrest blm leadership is not inconceivable, but is not possible given the absence o' meaningful leadership. even so, w/o an identifiable blm voice, there is nobody to say yusra khogali isn't speaking for blm... not that we genuine know what yusra khogali is saying.

regardless, one would hope in the future gd would try and find more reputable sources to be linking.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, Darkpriest said:

I wonder how accurate this is. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/twitter-hiding-screenshot-its-trending-and-search-blacklist-tools

Btw, this is the usual list of my morning reads. 

Reuters 

Bloomberg

WSJ

Marketwatch

ZeroHedge

Occasionally I'll glimpse at things like Yahoo News and FoxNews Youtube for some headlines in regards to US. 

Twitter is using such words like "blacklist"?  Disgusting.

I've seen some people noticing those options in recent hack scandal.

It confirms what people noticed from some time now. Twitter is shadowbanning and manually alter trends and searches.

166215__front.jpg

1 hour ago, Gromnir said:

can't speak to legitimacy o' article. the toronto sun is a conservative tabloid and we can't find any yusra khogali articles at more reputable toronto news sources which corroborate. is numerous conservative blogs n' such reposting what you linked, but that's it.

nevertheless, let's assume for a moment everything in the article is true.... which is a Big Stretch, no? even if true, founder is not same as leader. blm don't have a leader, though perhaps blm toronto does... have no idea. am knowing we wouldn't' trust the sun if we wanted to know such details.

am understanding why at least US blm don't have any kinda leadership. protesters in hong kong is kinda a 2020 model for protesters dealing with government suppression efforts. heck, look to US history including nixon going after black panthers (and others) and more recent obama targeting tea party, has a disorganized resistance scheme being the model du jour. 21st century tech makes organization less necessary 'cause it takes little to have like minded folks gather via the internet and kinda/sorta agree to take some kinda action... which spontaneous morphs into a flash mob or something similar. the protesters don't need military precision as they ain't attacking fortified positions.   

downside is lack o' blm leadership means there isn't a recognized voice to disavow behaviour and actors which is not representing the blm message. even the notion o' core values for blm is a bit fluid as such requires consensus which comes with organization blm is active resisting.

again, am sympathetic to blm choice to forgo leadership. doj sending out fbi to kick in doors and possible arrest blm leadership is not inconceivable, but is not possible given the absence o' meaningful leadership. even so, w/o an identifiable blm voice, there is nobody to say yusra khogali isn't speaking for blm... not that we genuine know what yusra khogali is saying.

regardless, one would hope in the future gd would try and find more reputable sources to be linking.

HA! Good Fun!

Assume it's true, comments only reflect on the people who make them. Because she said it does not make it the policy of BLM Toronto. It is only a reflection of her. Like I said nice lady eh? 

The original source described "controversial comments made by" with a link to the Sun story about a since deleted Facebook post. The source was RCP, Real Clear Politics. Now, you may have a handbook somewhere in your office listing the ideological disposition of every publication in the free world. I don't I'm afraid. However, even Mother Jones on one said and World Net Daily on the other will not print/publish anything that is demonstrably false. Their bias is taking a fact out of context and using that to tell a story that isn't true. Even with a grain of truth in it. I don't thing the Toronto Sun did that here whatever their slant is. 

The truth is there are no "reputable sources" of information aside from your own eyes and ears. I read the Washington Post on my Kindle every day and it is not there to inform the reader of the news. It is telling a narrative. A story. It reports and analyzes news that advances that narrative and downplays or even ignores news that does not or runs counter to their "story". That is exactly what Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, and every other one does. They are telling a story. All of the facts are true, not all of the facts are mentioned. The bias, while always in the presentation, is most prevalent in the omissions. A wise news consumer should read/watch multiple sources and get a larger view of what's going on.

There is no neutral arbiter of what is true and what isn't. There is no pure source of facts. It's pointless to refer to a news source as "reputable" since technically none are. The absence of a story about these comments in "reputable" news sources does not indicate it didn't happen. The possibility that it did and they ignored it because it didn't suit the narrative is very, very real. Find a story that says "this did NOT happen" and I'd take that at face value.

Mark Twain said it best "If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed." 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

6 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Yep she's said a lot of stupid stuff, I don't think she is with them anymore though. Heh, BLM Toronto once blocked a parade and people called them terrorists here.  See, not only the US has people cast that about like morons 😛

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Grom continues to defend BLM which is as terrorist organization that claims to be about protecting blacks from violent police but are about slavery, power, control, and they love to murder black people. BLM (along with their buddies at Antifa) have murderered more black people than the police have this year. EVIL.

They do have leaders. Where else do you send money to when you donate to them, huh? The boogeyman?

How many black people must BLM/Antifa murder before Grom stops defending these Nazi groups?

Grom's precious BLM strikes again: 

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What makes these people BLM as opposed to just run of the mill scumbags, exactly ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The same way every white (scumbag) is automatically KKK and Hitler.

P.S. Also, many of these people are  involved in BLM protests and the like.  That clearly makes them BLM.

Edited by Volourn

Also, BLMers and Antifers have a fun saying: "You are either way us or against us."

So, which is it? I made my choice. I'm anti any group that mass murders black people. Or brown people. Or jews. Or whites. Or anyone else.

And, that is what Antifa and BLM does.

Unlike BLM and Antifa, I can 100% proclaim I have killed nobody.

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

What makes these people BLM as opposed to just run of the mill scumbags, exactly ?

Volourn just wants to further his shtick. As far as I've found the video (posted over 4 years ago but possibly much older) originates with a claim the younger woman tasered the older woman for stealing something.  What its actual context is who knows; but its certainly resurfacing now so racists online can talk about how evil black people are to randomly taser an old woman as they've conveniently removed what little context there is online for the video since it doesn't fit there narrative exactly that innocent white people are being preyed on by minorities.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

"originates with a claim the younger woman tasered the older woman for stealing something."

I thought the idea of anti police brutality and the like was not to use violence against those uanrmed so with that logic even if the older woman stole something use a taser would be considered wrong... right? But, it's A-Okay bec uase she's white and isn't human anyways. You know full well if that was a young white woman tazing an old black woman over 'stealing' there'd be cries of racism. LMAO

It is fact, FYI, that more white people are violently attacked by black people than the other way around. Racism isn't just a white only disease. It can inflict everyone. Just ask  a certain Cannon who got punished for being anti semitic (yet kept his tv hositng job) and  nothing happened when he called whites 'less than human' and other nasty stuff.

P.S. I saw the video and linked it.  Context is clear. Old woman standing there doing nothing threatening, other woman attacks her with a tazer. But, Amentep is fine with that because it is just an old white woman who may have 'stole' soemthing'.

Remember, you are talking to so0meone who flat out stated the cop who killed Floyd was 100% wrong and I did so from the get go. 

Edited by Volourn

29 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

Well, they clould start using a case from recent times, where a girl got shot just for saying ALM

From https://www.wthr.com/article/news/crime/family-of-downtown-canal-shooting-victim-seeks-justice/531-ce60ebbd-49b4-4b40-99b5-3f0e7a8e3b40 seems a lot like two armed **** running into one another.    Shame not much details, will have to look later

1 hour ago, Volourn said:

So, which is it? I made my choice. I'm anti any group that mass murders black people. Or brown people. Or jews. Or whites. Or anyone else.

And, that is what Antifa and BLM does.

Still not sure about this claim from you, Volo.

38 minutes ago, Darkpriest said:

Well, they clould start using a case from recent times, where a girl got shot just for saying ALM

This would be the Indianapolis case where Jessica Whitaker was shot and killed?  The news report indicate someone in the group yelled a racial slur at the other group during an argument; the argument escalated with shouts of "Black Lives Matter" being countered with "All Lives Matter" until both sides pulled guns?  Amd then the groups backed away and according to the group Whitaker was with, someone from the other group shot into the group a distance and killed her?  Or a different one?

35 minutes ago, Volourn said:

"originates with a claim the younger woman tasered the older woman for stealing something."

I thought the idea of anti police brutality and the like was not to use violence against those uanrmed so with that logic even if the older woman stole something use a taser would be considered wrong... right? But, it's A-Okay bec uase she's white and isn't human anyways. You know full well if that was a young white woman tazing an old black woman over 'stealing' there'd be cries of racism. LMAO

It is fact, FYI, that more white people are violently attacked by black people than the other way around. Racism isn't just a white only disease. It can inflict everyone. Just ask  a certain Cannon who got punished for being anti semitic (yet kept his tv hositng job) and  nothing happened when he called whites 'less than human' and other nasty stuff.

"I thought the idea of anti police brutality and the like was not to use violence" - the police are not involved in the video, so this statement is irrelevant.

"But, it's A-Okay bec uase she's white and isn't human anyways." - to you, apparently.  I never said the actions in the video were right; I also didn't make the monumental logical leap that a single video somehow or another captures the nature of reality as you have, or that video actually is even what it purports to be.  Without a source, this could be staged, it could even not be the aftermath of a theft as the earliest posting of the video I saw indicates.  It should be taken somewhat skeptically until some proof of what it shows is found, rather than leaping into assumptions and filling in the blanks.  And even then, drawing conclusions to generic populations over a singular incident says more about you than anything else.

"You know full well if that was a young white woman tazing an old black woman over 'stealing' there'd be cries of racism. LMAO" - And if one was the horse and the other the moon what would THAT mean?  How about is one was a Brutus and the other Julius Ceasar?  What about if one was an Alien from ALIEN and the other was a Predator from PREDATOR and the taser was actually Robocop from ROBOCOP? What does this question (or any of the others I suggested) have to do with anything but trying to obfuscate any point that might actually be had in this discussion? 

"It is fact, FYI, that more white people are violently attacked by black people" - This isn't really demonstrably true, but I doubt there is a point in debating statistics with you. For the FBI statistics (I don't know where Canada keeps there's, sorry) the raw numbers are larger, but as white people are a larger percentage of the population, they should factor greater in the statistical number by the fact that they are still the largest group in general (which the data bears out).  And that's without going into all the potential points that could skew this kind of national data in the first place.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

35 minutes ago, Amentep said:

"But, it's A-Okay bec uase she's white and isn't human anyways." - to you, apparently.  I never said the actions in the video were right; I also didn't make the monumental logical leap that a single video somehow or another captures the nature of reality as you have, or that video actually is even what it purports to be.  Without a source, this could be staged, it could even not be the aftermath of a theft as the earliest posting of the video I saw indicates.  It should be taken somewhat skeptically until some proof of what it shows is found, rather than leaping into assumptions and filling in the blanks.  And even then, drawing conclusions to generic populations over a singular incident says more about you than anything else.

Funnily enough this is the first video of black person violation a white person AND the first time I see you or anyone asking for context, source, proof etc. Makes you wonder...why this video is treated differently?

35 minutes ago, Amentep said:

"It is fact, FYI, that more white people are violently attacked by black people" - This isn't really demonstrably true, but I doubt there is a point in debating statistics with you. For the FBI statistics (I don't know where Canada keeps there's, sorry) the raw numbers are larger, but as white people are a larger percentage of the population, they should factor greater in the statistical number by the fact that they are still the largest group in general (which the data bears out).  And that's without going into all the potential points that could skew this kind of national data in the first place.

Well by that logic shouldn't white on black/hispanic/asian/etc. violence be the overall biggest then? Just looking for consistency here.

Edited by Skarpen

166215__front.jpg

18 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

Funnily enough this is the first video of black person violation a white person AND the first time I see you or anyone asking for context, source, proof etc. Makes you wonder...why this video is treated differently?

Yeah, you missed the video Volo linked a while back where a pack of Blacks started kicking the living daylights out of some innocent white girl waiting for her public transportation?

Because that one was treated all the same by everyone else here. No, wait, with even more scrutiny because the guy on Twitter gave his location as occupied Ireland.

Edited by majestic
Removed the jab so he can't pretend to be the victim here or try to put up a strawman or smokescreen.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

48 minutes ago, Amentep said:

For the FBI statistics (I don't know where Canada keeps there's, sorry)

I don't think we even collect those, Canadian government is considering that now  - https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/statistics-canada-race-data-police-1.5650273

12 minutes ago, majestic said:

Yeah, you missed the video Volo linked a while back where a pack of Blacks started kicking the living daylights out of some innocent white girl waiting for her public transportation?

Because that one was treated all the same by everyone else here. No, wait, with even more scrutiny because the guy on Twitter gave his location as occupied Ireland.

Umm, so there is a second video of black on white violence and was treated the same as this one. Ok, I might have missed that one, but it only shows a pattern with this kind of videos.

166215__front.jpg

Just now, Skarpen said:

Umm, so there is a second video of black on white violence and was treated the same as this one. Ok, I might have missed that one, but it only shows a pattern with this kind of videos.

That Nazis on Twitter latch onto anything that supports for their point of view? Possibly. But two videos and a handful of posters on a message board sure make for a terrible sample size.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.