Politics XXXVIII (A Nontotient)

Amentep

Previous thread:

Last posts -

5 hours ago, Maedhros said:

Is it of your opinion that Trump lies less or the same as other politicians or are you just playing the devil's advocate?

I base it on having eyes and ears. That the various factcheckers confirm my belief isn't really important to me.

That being said. It depends on how you define a lie. Does Trump truly believe his father was born in Germany, or is that a lie he keeps repeating to save face? Like the guys above say, it's hard to know which of his untruths are intentional and which are not.

4 hours ago, Raithe said:

For that added slice of odds and ends:   BBC - Could the US or UK ban TikTok?

3 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Actually... he's not. It's not a lie if YOU believe it. He just believes a lot of s--t that isn't true and refuses to listen when people tell him what it true. 

That might actually be worse!

Edit: I see three others beat me to the punch

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• Sad 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So, a popular tv show fired two people for being white, replaced one with a black person (not an issue with her b/c she'\ll probably do a good job too), didn't replace the other (putting someone else on the unemployment line), and  laugh..

Racists strike again!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

11 minutes ago, Volourn said:

So, a popular tv show fired two people for being white, replaced one with a black person (not an issue with her b/c she'\ll probably do a good job too), didn't replace the other (putting someone else on the unemployment line), and  laugh..

Racists strike again!

So they made one person do a job that was done by two ?   Sounds like usual corporate world.

trump is a liar. he has admitted to being a fabulist in past interviews/books and he clear knew 'bout stuff like stormy daniels payments when he lied 'bout such 'cause there is recordings o' conversations with cohen 'bout the payments. the President has stated there is a difference 'tween lying to media and lying to a magistrate, 'cause is only bad to lie to magistrate. 'course we know trump lies to magistrates as well given evidence from roger stone trial. @ShadySands references trump's propensity to double-down on a falsehood; even if the original falsehood were error, the double-downs is not. etc.

again, fabulist tendencies is admitted in his books where trump says he prefers not to lie, but he is not averse to exaggeration he knows isn't accurate. 'ccording to trump, people expect and want the razzle dazzle. 

yes, many trump lies has their genesis in the almost unbelievable ignorance o' the President, as were obvious from his disinfectant injection comments. we elected a man who is willful ignorant, which is not same as dumb. many trump lies get their start 'cause they is things he kinda recalls hearing from fox or oan and he then exaggerates. once trump doubles-down on such stuff, is no longer trump profound ignorance to blame but intentional lies. 

however, fact that many trump lies start 'cause he is an ill-read b00b with a penchant for exaggeration does not preclude recognition that he is also willful mendacious to a historic degree. worst o' both aspects. lucky us.

worst part is these qualities were known before he were elected, and that didn't stop americans from choosing him as President.

and yes, hillary were also a liar. cling to that truth allows those o' you who voted for trump to sleep better at night?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

So they made one person do a job that was done by two ?   Sounds like usual corporate world.

We don't know that - the show is being revamped by Tyra Banks, who also replaces Tom Bergeron as lead host. No word on whether the co-host role is coming back (the role Andrews had), as I imagine that decision will be tied to whatever Banks and her team do to re-invent the show.

The ratings have been going down for a couple of years, so a revamp isn't really all that surprising, no matter how Vol decides to try and spin it.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Shouldn't you all be discussing the topic not whining about a fellow poster? 😛

Bottom line, racist actions like this need to be called out.

Edited by Volourn

Volo Lives Matter

• Like 1

And on Trump's instagram....

Ec_ISCtUcAEuNqo?format=jpg&name=900x900

Apparently now he's just directly ignoring the legal aspects...

"An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise, or for the private gain of friends, relatives, or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

2 hours ago, Amentep said:

I miss "Go Dwarves, Go!" Volourn.

rip ie game vol. his extremism and frequent bouts o' incoherence were quirky when weren't 'bout race.

but 'cause vol wants us to stay on topic...

trump is unconcerned with law and even less bothered with right. the only remedy for Presidential behaviour with the current doj is impeachment, and the President knows if they didn't impeach him for his obstruction and russia entanglements, and the senate didn't convict him for the ukraine stuff and his attempts to bury the resulting ig report, then there is little he need worry 'bout from a practical pov... at least until january 3, 2021. if senate flips, then is a new ballgame.

HA! Good Fun!

ps there is no double jeopardy for senate impeachment trials. 

Edited by Gromnir
  • Thanks 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain"

How is he 'privately gaining' here? Does he have stock in the company? If he does, you have a point.

"rip ie game vol. his extremism and frequent bouts o' incoherence were quirky when weren't 'bout race. "

Yeah, because 'extemism' is pointing out that racism is a disease that effect everyone. But, Grom doesn't find it extreme that BLMers are murdering fellow BLMers because they dare leave a peaceful protest that is about to get violent. Or that Antifa is largely run by rapists. Grom is also fine with a white BLm supporter calls a black a Trump supporter all sorts of racist names. That's a-ok.

22 minutes ago, Volourn said:

How is he 'privately gaining' here? Does he have stock in the company? If he does, you have a point.

"rip ie game vol. his extremism and frequent bouts o' incoherence were quirky when weren't 'bout race. "

Yeah, because 'extemism' is pointing out that racism is a disease that effect everyone. But, Grom doesn't find it extreme that BLMers are murdering fellow BLMers because they dare leave a peaceful protest that is about to get violent. Or that Antifa is largely run by rapists. Grom is also fine with a white BLm supporter calls a black a Trump supporter all sorts of racist names. That's a-ok.

am very much against any individual who resorts to violence to make a point much less murder. 'course you blame antifa and blm for every cop who is murdered 'cause o' your perverted transitive property fails. most o' your other claims, (eg. atifa rapists) is lunatic fringe stuff and hardly merits response 'cause again, you latch on to singular examples from the most tangential related individuals and actions to condemn literal thousands. such behaviour is obvious unreasonable and wrong and doesn't need reply save for our repeated mention o' sadness o' how quirky kanadian gamer vol were amusing and the 2020 incarnation is something else. what a shame.

and your selective quoting is not helping you make a case... you left out, "for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise, or for the private gain of friends, relatives, or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity." either intentional or a grammar fail, but is not that the product endorsement need be for personal gain to be inappropriate and illegal.

'course campaign activities on federal land/property is also illegal, which is why yesterday's rose garden speech were so bizarre. 

we do miss loony and harmless vol. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps we has expressed many times how much the goals o' antifa offends us. when first amendment rights, put into practice, offend a listener, the response should be the one described in our signature as expressed by J. Brandeis.  just as is a failure o' character to respond to nazis in skokie with silence, it would be inappropriate to stop their parade with force. am thinking we ain't been subtle 'bout our displeasure with antifa espoused goals, but such is a long way off from blaming antifa for rando murders.

Edited by Gromnir
spell check didn't catch our "merists response" bit... 'cause merists is a word even if it don't work as used.
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Volourn said:

Even if he's not the sentence reads - "An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise, or for the private gain of friends, relatives, or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity."

I take that a list of 'or''s rather than 'and's .  Aside from that it's just so tacky.

Given how he likes steaks well done, eating a bag of dry beans and downing a can of coconut milk isn't unbelievable.

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The unbelievable part would be that dry beans and coconut milk would make a pretty healthy meal*. 'Healthy meal' and 'Donald Trump' don't really go together given his stereotypical meals are overcooked steaks and MaccyDs.

*by current orthodoxy at least. Not that long ago coconut milk was considered too high in fat to be healthy, now everyone seems to be using out and out coconut fat for cooking...

'course you blame antifa and blm'

You keep defending these two. They are responsible for the murder of more blacks than the police are since this whole mess started. They are indefensible terrorist organizations. They literally murdered BLM supporter who wa sleaving a protest she felt was getting 'too violent'. Stop defending their violent crime spree.

That's because coconut milk is mana from the heavens.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

3 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

The unbelievable part would be that dry beans and coconut milk would make a pretty healthy meal*. 'Healthy meal' and 'Donald Trump' don't really go together given his stereotypical meals are overcooked steaks and MaccyDs.

He's got a box of cookies to balance it out.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands