I’ve played a lot of games... and a lot of RPGs. My first video game that I got addicted to was Legend of Zelda - the most incredible RPG saga ever made (arguably). When I started playing Divinity: Original Sin 1 and 2, I was beyond impressed. Like, those games are SO well done. Amazing. 

POE is its own beast though. Honestly I don’t think I’ve ever played a game with such an insane amount of spells, abilities and class combos to choose from!! Going through the Wizard tree I was like wtf there’s gotta be like 75 different spells in here, lol. Some of them sound so badass too.

(Edit b/c too much reveal) Another thing I enjoy is the overall story and incredible gameplay and sometimes dialogue decisions impact the build you’re doing! 

I’m not gonna do a full review in here, I just wanted to say I think this is a fantastically well thought out and immersive game that I’m going to recommend to a LOT of my gamer friends. I am 100% addicted. RIP my life 😏🤓

Edited by YourHeadAsplode
  • Like 6

I couldn't agree more. I think this game is pretty amazing. The sheer number of everything in multiple categories is staggering--classes and subclasses to multiclass, armors, weapons, consumables, wizard spells, cipher spells, druid spells, chanter spells, priest spells, types of bonuses or maluses, character voices, interactions, alignments and reputations, and many more without even mentioning how all of these things react with each other. The depth of the themes are worthy of adult consideration. The fact that you can't kill the god at the end I appreciate so much, and I can't help but think that the type of influence the main character has on the Deadfire is lost on many players: one person's choices make huge differences in a world where he or she didn't save the universe. Really, I think this game is too much for the average gamer. It is a shame that it's not recognized as the brilliant masterpiece that it is, but I suspect that time is on its side.

• Like 3