Multiplayer Setup required?

Hey all, 

I'm super looking forward to playing Grounded with my two kids (11 and 8). I missed out on the opportunity to try the Demo last month so couldn't answer this question myself;

I have my PC, my daughter has her own PC and my son can use my laptop but regarding game licences, would I need to buy 3 copies of the game for us to play together?

Thanks to anyone who could help here!

Hey @Ironthumbs, I didn't read about split-screen feature for grounded. The way I see it, it would be the only way to multiplayer with only one copy of the game.

The Steam Family feature allows to share game copies with different users, but I don't think you will be able to play simultaneously.

So, yeah, I think you will have to buy 3 copies to play together with your kids. 

Content Creator for Grounded at Youtube and Grounded Dossier  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2020 at 7:49 AM, Ironthumbs said:

Hey all, 

I'm super looking forward to playing Grounded with my two kids (11 and 8). I missed out on the opportunity to try the Demo last month so couldn't answer this question myself;

I have my PC, my daughter has her own PC and my son can use my laptop but regarding game licences, would I need to buy 3 copies of the game for us to play together?

Thanks to anyone who could help here!

Microsoft Store

The Microsoft Store may be one of the most welcoming when it comes to sharing games with your friends and family. Similar to Steam, it allows you to share with up to five users on up to ten different devices. However, unlike Steam you can play on multiple PCs simultaneously. My kids can both play Minecraft on their own PCs from the copy that I actually didn't purchase but received with an Xbox One Minecraft bundle, which is another side benefit of the Microsoft Store. With Play Anywhere titles, you get the rights to play on both console and PC.

You will need to create a family group for your Microsoft account and each user will need their own Microsoft account, including children. 

Once the family group is created you then simply need to login to the PC as the user you want to share the game with and open the Microsoft Store to download the game. Each user will have their own game saves and, as mentioned, can play simultaneously. This approach should also work for other content on the Microsoft Store such as apps, movies, or TV shows.

Another bonus for parents is Microsoft will allow you to set screen time limits, location sharing, content filtering, and even send you a weekly report of your child's activities on their PC.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CyberAngel said:

Microsoft Store

The Microsoft Store may be one of the most welcoming when it comes to sharing games with your friends and family. Similar to Steam, it allows you to share with up to five users on up to ten different devices. However, unlike Steam you can play on multiple PCs simultaneously. My kids can both play Minecraft on their own PCs from the copy that I actually didn't purchase but received with an Xbox One Minecraft bundle, which is another side benefit of the Microsoft Store. With Play Anywhere titles, you get the rights to play on both console and PC.

You will need to create a family group for your Microsoft account and each user will need their own Microsoft account, including children. 

Once the family group is created you then simply need to login to the PC as the user you want to share the game with and open the Microsoft Store to download the game. Each user will have their own game saves and, as mentioned, can play simultaneously. This approach should also work for other content on the Microsoft Store such as apps, movies, or TV shows.

Another bonus for parents is Microsoft will allow you to set screen time limits, location sharing, content filtering, and even send you a weekly report of your child's activities on their PC.

This is awesome @CyberAngel! Thanks for sharing, didn't know about it. 

Content Creator for Grounded at Youtube and Grounded Dossier  

13 hours ago, CyberAngel said:

Microsoft Store

Wonderful thank you! I'll look into this :)

EDIT: It seems this isn't applicable to games on Gamepass. Someone please correct me if you have any luck and I'm missing something.

Edited by Ironthumbs
tested someone's suggestion

On 7/27/2020 at 3:45 AM, Ironthumbs said:

Wonderful thank you! I'll look into this :)

EDIT: It seems this isn't applicable to games on Gamepass. Someone please correct me if you have any luck and I'm missing something.

It should be, as long as the parent account has both then any subsequent account should be the same. Xbox Live sharing works this way as well.