Good evening champions of Berath!

I'm completely new to the mod world around PoE2 and I was wondering if there was a way to have the Maegfolc Skull or an helm/cap like that in the game (maybe from the start or in the first treasure you open). I'd love to have it just for aesthetic purpose; I didn't finish the game yet (killed Nemnok today, that was intense!) but I'm already thinking to a new party and it would be amazing to have an evil undead character. We all love evil skeletons. Is it possible? 

Cheers from Italy!

The way Deadfire is set up, you can mod a lot of stuff to do with numbers and text and so on, and if you can draw you can mod in custom icons, but when it comes to models you can't add anything that isn't already there (that I know of) without having access to the actual development tools. Sadly, as there isn't a skull helm in the game, you wouldn't be able to get a modded one. Your evil undead could always be maybe an evil Death Godlike...

I don't know if one can't somehow use the model of something else (e.g. a head of a skeleton enemy or Concelhaut's Skull) and use it as a model for a helmet...?

I once played an undead hireling that looked like a Draugr from Skyrim. You can choose Island Aumaua and give it a brownish, blotchy skin pattern (also works with other colors of course - e.g. for a drowned corpse take more white/green or something) and then wear items that look old/ancient (e.g. Gladiator's Sword + Nerian's Ward) - but the most important part was Rekvu's Fractured Casque.

It gives you the special look. If you also choose the "sickly" or "hunched" character pose and add an injury (required anyway because the helmet is only great with one) then your char will walk and stand around in a rather goulish manner and look like some old, ancient risen warrior.

It's not a skull but it looks quite convincing. Better than anything you could do in PoE. But alas: no skull.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Uh, ok, I get it... That's bad, but I'll try with your suggestions! I'll use some cool mods found on the forum that may help the cause (skin colors and stuff like that). Thank you, Champions!

I just remember that there are some Lagufaeth and also Xaurip that wear skulls as helmets (not human ones though). If those NPCs are not modeled as a whole but instead the headgear is a separate piece then it could be that a modder can use them to create a custom skull helmet. Just an idea though.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 3 weeks later...