What you've done today - Days of Our Lives

Amentep

Skyrim.

You can mod out that long cart ride, execution intro sequence. If there ever was a quality of life mod for any game, it is alternate starts for Skyrim.

Also Silent Bradford for FiraXCOM games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

39 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

I have not played too many games where mods make a significant difference. 

Which games have you modded before, Mods are not supposed to change the fundamental narrative and they cant change certain gaming mechanics but they can add huge variation like character choice, new companions, extra monsters, harder monsters, rewrites of combat style , additional guild quests....the list is long

But this applies to mostly Bethesda games or rather how I have extensively used them

Here is the  current list of official games that Nexus offers Mods for, there are 1074 games supported 

https://www.nexusmods.com/games

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, melkathi said:

Skyrim.

You can mod out that long cart ride, execution intro sequence. If there ever was a quality of life mod for any game, it is alternate starts for Skyrim.

Not really a fan of Bethesda games.  I liked Morrowind but it was very obvious since Oblivion that there games are catered to braindead western idiots.

I just think that after Morrowind they realized modders would provide the most content and draw to their games anyway, so they just make a generic sandbox and let them do the rest of the work for free.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

15 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Thats why we always feel so much worse when we get flu...man-colds are MUCH  worse  - men are much bigger weenies.

;)

:*

3 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

Yeah I'm the same.
Which isn't to say there aren't some extensive awesome mods that alter or even add mechanics/items (eg will change how you approach/play the game significantly) or even add areas or something - but that type of mod is pretty rare. 90% of mods are more along the lines of texture/model reskinning (or weather/filter/graphic tweaks or...)  or user discovered bug fixes.  Nothing wrong with that ofc, I like cosmetic changes sometimes.

Or dance mods. I like the dance mods, all rpg's should have them.   :lol:

• Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

3 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

Imagine for a moment that this very board's company had one of the most egregious cases of mods that make a significant difference in the history of  gaming.  Wouldn't that be something?

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Nice streak of warmer weather so that helps the peppers my mom is growing, still not a good crop of them but I guess could be worse with the screwball climate we've had. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hubby and I trying to figure out/plan the l-desk for my room.  Think we can reuse my current huge desk for part of it and that would mean might be able get it done today if we get off our butts (or next few days at least).

Then I can think about a new gaming TV.  :sorcerer:

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Speaking of Dune ....

dune-vhs.jpg

...VHS, baby! (yea I still have a player too) 
...(busy clearing out old things again while hubby is sawing a board)

• Like 4

On 9/27/2020 at 6:20 AM, majestic said:

Imagine for a moment that this very board's company had one of the most egregious cases of mods that make a significant difference in the history of  gaming.  Wouldn't that be something?

You saying Kotor 2 wasn't perfect at launch, despite having had an ocean of development time??? 🤯

Honorable mention to two mods I also quite liked: Ja1.13 and "Dungeon be gone" to skip Irenicus' dungeon

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein