What you've done today - Days of Our Lives

Amentep

41 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

I do my exercising as early as possible at this point. Saturday I also finished with the swim portion, so that was nice. I whine during the winter a lot, so I try not to let the heat stop me.

I'd have to get up at 4am/be back home before 6am for something like that to work for me, heat days/exercise wise. Not happening. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Four new tyres, 600$ poorer. Going to check the alignment on thursday, it's a pain in the ass to get up in the morning since I work the midnight shift this week.

I'm 35 years old, and I still haven't managed to figure out why the **** I have such difficulties falling asleep.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

4 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Four new tyres, 600$ poorer. Going to check the alignment on thursday, it's a pain in the ass to get up in the morning since I work the midnight shift this week.

I'm 35 years old, and I still haven't managed to figure out why the **** I have such difficulties falling asleep.

No we discussed this and we all agreed, we know why you cant fall asleep....its the 12-14 cups of coffee you drinking on each shift :p

• Thanks 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

9 hours ago, BruceVC said:

No we discussed this and we all agreed, we know why you cant fall asleep....its the 12-14 cups of coffee you drinking on each shift :p

Thanks, I completely forgot :p

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

9 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

I keep 2 liter bottles of Diet Coke handy at all times.

You need to dehydrate in hurry or something? Seriously, though make sure that you get enough water. Coke has caffeine (which is a diuretic )and salt to make you thirsty. Take it from someone that naively thought that it was as good as water and developed a kidney stone.

• Thanks 2
  • Gasp! 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I generally dislike sodas, I much prefer drinks without carbonation.

• Like 1

The only carbonated stuff I drink is topo chico.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

2 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Soda is poison. You are better off with a stiff drink. :)

Alcohol is a poison.  Drink water.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

24 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Water is poison. Drink life.

What is life ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

What is life ?

He probably means blood.  Hurl's outed himself as a vampire. 🧛‍♂️

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Woke up this morning and from the darkness of the room thought it was something like 6 in the morning. Looked at clock - it was 9:30 in the morning.

It's not just California on fire, now.  The skies above our house were fairly cleared up the past several days as the fires closest to the Bay Area were largely contained but winds must've changed and it's completely dark/orange glow smoked again from the ones farther away. Seriously looks like a movie with a dark orange filter over everything in our yard, and we're far away. Poor W. Coast.

Edit: anyone close to those areas, stay safe.

wcoastfires2020.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Sad 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I knew someone would reference that.  😛

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Soda is poison. You are better off with a stiff drink. :)

I agree with you Hurlshot, there is nothing wrong with the odd drink and alcohol can help with many problems :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

From insomnia to soda to vampires and joke tunes.

Never change, forum. 

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Malcador said:

What is life ?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

7 hours ago, Malcador said:

I knew someone would reference that.  😛

I noticed that post just as I arrived at work, I couldn't log on at work and post myself, so I was hoping for someone to reference it, and I was not dissapointed! 👌

• Like 1

Wow, quite the sunset this evening. It was almost like being on another world. I guess that's the one small plus of having the west coast on fire and having all the smoke choking the air.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

21 minutes ago, rjshae said:

Wow, quite the sunset this evening. It was almost like being on another world. I guess that's the one small plus of having the west coast on fire and having all the smoke choking the air.

Pics? Purdy please?