What you've done today - Days of Our Lives

Amentep

I'm smoking some ribs and day drinking while catching up on some movies I've been meaning to watch with my fiance. Later I will try to spend an hour writing or studying, and will probably end up posting bizarre comments online.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Returned some mail delivered to my house instead of my d-bag cop neighbour, so dropped it in his box.  PEDs must have been hitting him hard today as he opens his door and start accusing me of stealing his mail. :lol:   Next time I'm just going to drop it in a mailbox, which I believe you are supposed to do.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

i finished my latest civ5 campaign, i finished the original Thief (had played the second game at the time but never the first) which was a chore at times as enemies had the bad habit of randomly going on full alert for no reason (fortunately in 2 they had fixed that) and i made backups of everything important on the new SSD i got. tomorrow i finally say goodbye to my old FX 8350 and switching to Ryzen 3600. i had the parts 3 days now but i wanted to finish the above games before switching since i have to format the current SSD that contains everything since the old HDDs are dead (one of them was 12 years old, i'd say it lasted long enough)

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

2 hours ago, Malcador said:

Returned some mail delivered to my house instead of my d-bag cop neighbour, so dropped it in his box.  PEDs must have been him hitting hard today as he opens his door and start accusing me of stealing his mail. :lol:   Next time I'm just going to drop it in a mailbox, which I believe you are supposed to do.

What a ****.

"Not for the sake of much time..."

3 hours ago, KaineParker said:

I'm smoking some ribs and day drinking while catching up on some movies I've been meaning to watch with my fiance. Later I will try to spend an hour writing or studying, and will probably end up posting bizarre comments online.

Hmm, I don't remember you using the fancy fiance title before. Congrats on your engagement!

6 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Hmm, I don't remember you using the fancy fiance title before. Congrats on your engagement!

I think I've mentioned it once or twice, but there's not been much progress on making it official so to speak. Who knows, maybe we'll remain perpetually engaged?

• Like 6

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

8 hours ago, Azdeus said:

About one month ago one of my headlights on my car burnt out, today the other headlight burnt out. Planned obsolescence much? -.-

Diving the wilds of northern Sweden will be a REAL adventure now!

• Haha 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

40 minutes ago, KaineParker said:

I think I've mentioned it once or twice, but there's not been much progress on making it official so to speak. Who knows, maybe we'll remain perpetually engaged?

Sooner or later she will force you to. 

I'm no one to give advice on marriage. But I will say that the little things you fight about now will become big things later. And make DAMN sure you check her closets for skeletons. Because they will not stay in there. 

• Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

3 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

But I will say that the little things you fight about now will become big things later.

Well we mostly fight about chores or shows so I guess I can look forward into getting into a big fight over watching jojo or whatever netflix put out.

4 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

I'm no one to give advice on marriage. But I will say that the little things you fight about now will become big things later. And make DAMN sure you check her closets for skeletons. Because they will not stay in there. 

I'm not one to give advice at all, but I will attest that little things can become big things.  God willing, I'll be celebrating my 25th anniversary in February.  Marriage can be a real blessing, but it is work to keep it running smoothly.  The one thing I *would* give as advice is this, there should be no earthly loyalty above your wife.  /sermon

• Like 1

"Not for the sake of much time..."

before marriage, the relationship is like walking a dog off leash. you are always careful to keep the dog safe.

after marriage, the relationship is like having the dog tied in the back yard. you are relaxed in the knowledge that the dog isn't going anywhere but if you relax too much you may find the dog strangled by the leash.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

7 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

we were engaged... once. were long time past. were somebody we met while we were at boalt, though assume she were a fellow student would be a mistake. met her while surfing, and weren't at all like tank girl from point break, and we sure as hell weren't no johnny utah, though our fiance's father were fbi. 

we got a job back in the midwest and that pretty much killed the engagement. were some little things which became problems and we knew the little things would only grow. end of engagement. were the closest we ever got.

HA! Good Fun!

ps is no longer boalt as a few years ago the school decided it were kinda shameful to name the school after a blatant racist.

so-called cancel culture? good.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

2 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Diving the wilds of northern Sweden will be a REAL adventure now!

Oh yeah, that polar night is a bitch 🤣

Since I have a Volvo 240 aswell, I just nicked one of the bulbs from that for now, so I can safely swirve between the polar bears 😄

• Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

2 hours ago, Gromnir said:

we were engaged... once. were long time past. were somebody we met while we were at boalt, though assume she were a fellow student would be a mistake. met her while surfing, and weren't at all like tank girl from point break, and we sure as hell weren't no johnny utah, though our fiance's father were fbi. 

we got a job back in the midwest and that pretty much killed the engagement. were some little things which became problems and we knew the little things would only grow. end of engagement. were the closest we ever got.

HA! Good Fun!

ps is no longer boalt as a few years ago the school decided it were kinda shameful to name the school after a blatant racist.

I've been married twice. My first we split up in 1999 after three years and divorced in 2000. When I got out of the service I dabbled in politics and started a business offering electronic test equipment calibration and service. It was revenue challenged right from the start. In three years it was all over and with it all my savings were gone and  I was saddled with small fortune in debt. Not the least of which was a house I was seriously upside down in.. My wife always had champagne tastes and we didn't even have a beer budget.  So she had had enough and left. The divorce was easy. What is half of nothing? But she still had an ownership interest in the house. When I sold it 8 years later she got a check. I've spoken to her once since then. She got remarried a long time ago.

The second time around was just a few years ago, She lied to me about something very important right from the beginning. And boy did THAT skeleton come waltzing out of the closet in an unexpected way.

Never again.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

40 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

She lied to me about something very important right from the beginning.

She said she didn't like Fallout 3, didn't she ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

20 minutes ago, Malcador said:

She said she didn't like Fallout 3, didn't she ?

No, I could have let that go. But when she trashed FO:NV I drew the line

• Haha 4

Thomas Sowell

6 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I'm off alcohol for a while because of the meds they gave me for tendinitis in my shoulder

Sucks my dude. I keep my drinking only to the weekends but it's probably been a while since I hadn't drank at least once a week.

So it looks like I may need to go through the fun of swapping cases because the power button isn't working consistently. I've currently got it working but it seems to make a clicking noise that it didn't before and I'm worried it will fail at an inconvenient time.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

No, I could have let that go. But when she trashed FO:NV I drew the line

She got off lightly, I'd have tested out that Creedmoor on her!

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

16 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

My wife just dropped off our two kittens to get spayed and Im so tense about them coming out of it ok. I know its an everyday procedure but Im still worried about my furry girls.

I love cats, post some pics of the kittens for us  cat and pet lovers :cat:

And as you mentioned its  a very safe and recommended  procedure so they will fine 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

well, luckily i didn't have to format for the change of hardware. i was ready to do it but then i said "let's try booting it as is to see what happens". so windows just made some configuration changes, downloaded some files, restarted the system and now it all works fine without having to reinstall the OS and everything else from scratch. that was certainly not the case the last time i did a CPU change (back when win7 was still new)

-Teknoman2-

A Monday. Ugh. A bank holiday. Yay. A headache. Ugh.

But, some paracetamol, plenty of tea, the soundtrack to the 90's Three Musketeers (Bryan Adams, Sting, and Rod Stewart) and assorted other Dumas film adaption scores whilst skim reading the Honor Harrington series. Since this morning I've gone through books 1-4.

Now making a stir fry from the leftover chicken from yesterday and finally turned on the pc to check the assorted mail, world news and suchlike.

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I am thrilled to report that my two furry girls made it through the spaying with flying colors. HUZZAH! They are eating / drinking / potty / playing, but I did keep them in the bedroom with us last night because they were still a little high when they got home and I didnt want them to take a tumble down the stairs.

• Like 2