Fallouts future

23 hours ago, PIP-Clownboy said:

Why? 

MS can actually let the original creators of the IP make a game at this point. No need to kill the entire IP, just delete Fallout 76 and forget it ever existed. 

Bring back Chris due to the fact he is the writer of the Fallout Bible, and knows more about Fallout than that moron Todd Howard.

sorry , i'm a few days late to the party

- are they ( Microsoft ) going to do it ? , are they going to let you continue the franchise

- after Bethesda's last hick-up ... ( cough ) ... Fallout 76 , would they let someone ... more capable ... take over ?

do u know what they did to Fallout ? they made it " audio logs " ... how do u role-play audio-logs ? ... i'll tell you how : you can't

- i assume Microsoft likes money and right now the Fallout franchise is producing zer0 ... i mean i assume if you go to The Microsoft and ask for the franchise they will just hand it out to you

- and Bethesda is too busy with other things , seems Fallout is dead for the foreseeable future

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2020 at 9:51 PM, Haljamar said:

Bring back Chris due to the fact he is the writer of the Fallout Bible, and knows more about Fallout than that moron Todd Howard.

No thanks, not after he literally tried to kill Obsidian's sale to Microsoft then excommunicated himself via twitter after he was metoo'd. 

And he's not really needed when the actual Original Creators of Fallout are all under Microsoft's umbrella with Obsidian/InExile.

Todd was ok with letting Obsidian do New Vegas and it wouldn't really be his decision anyway at this point. It was mostly Zenimax pushing Fallout into the trashy MMO direction

On 9/24/2020 at 7:28 AM, viasqi said:

i assume Microsoft likes money and right now the Fallout franchise is producing zer0

- and Bethesda is too busy with other things , seems Fallout is dead for the foreseeable future

I mean, Fallout 4 sold a stupid amount of copies on Steam. And people download and play those Fallout games on gamepass. Claiming it's generating zero isn't really accurate. It's a super valuable and proven IP. 

On 9/23/2020 at 7:13 AM, PIP-Clownboy said:

Why? 

MS can actually let the original creators of the IP make a game at this point. No need to kill the entire IP, just delete Fallout 76 and forget it ever existed. 

I'd say because it's polluted by now, you can't make a proper Fallout game with the IP anymore because the majority of the people that will buy it aren't really interested in a deep RPG, and they will qq to no end when they get no pewpew FINO.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

On 10/5/2020 at 12:34 AM, Azdeus said:

I'd say because it's polluted by now, you can't make a proper Fallout game with the IP anymore because the majority of the people that will buy it aren't really interested in a deep RPG, and they will qq to no end when they get no pewpew FINO.

I think Fallout after '76' is in the same boat as say Mass Effect after 'Andromeda'. It's going to be a very steep uphill battle to change public perception.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

I think Fallout after '76' is in the same boat as say Mass Effect after 'Andromeda'. It's going to be a very steep uphill battle to change public perception.

Yeah, that, or Anthem.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, Gorth said:

Arguably "Fallout" was already pretty damaged after Fallout 4, which was a mess in all respects. The fact that Fallout 76 was so much worse that it made people mostly forget about Fallout 4 is, well, impressive.

Fallout 4 had the whole paid DLC controversy (combined with other mod-unfriendly behaviour, like disabling achievements in modded games. Bit nasty since the unofficial patch is almost mandatory) which severely damaged the modding community for Bethesda games (effects of that entire fiasco could, and still can, be felt even in Skyrim modding). Technically the game is just barely holding together (it's bad, even for a Bethesda game). And what passes for a story, well, let's not even go there.

Still, having Obsidian make a Fallout might result in people being much more likely to give that franchise a second chance given how well received New Vegas was (once it got patched into a state that people could actually play it). Not to mention the generally positive reception of The Outer Worlds. At this point having another studio with Fallout cred handle the franchise might be the "reset" that's needed.

BioWare is going to have a much harder time with Mass Effect in my estimation at least, because not just the Mass Effect "brand" has been tarnished (don't forget the ME3 ending controversy either, it's not just Andromeda), but BioWare has also driven its own brand into the ground on almost every occasion it's had to do so. The fact that the studio is owned by EA doesn't do it any favours either (strange are the days when MS is viewed in such a positive light, comparatively, heh)

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Gorth said:

Hard disagree, 76 was a ****show but you can still write it off as a Zenimax failed attempt to MMO the IP.  I don't see the Andromeda comparison as it was just a total and utter bomb and hasn't received any support at all. Wastelanders didn't fix 76 but it was a step in the right direction. 

New Vegas sold 12million+ copies with a 18 month dev cycle and did much better than 76. MS can easily market that now that they own all principle players. 

If Gears of War can get a tactics game in 2020, making a properly budgeted modern New Vegas style Fallout wouldn't be an issue. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2020 at 5:34 PM, Azdeus said:

- the reason why i am here is that Bethesda screwed it up and removed RPG from the Fallout  and made it a looter-shooter ... an unbalanced mess , mostly unplayable due to 16x times the detail that doesn't run smoothly by any reasonable standard

- so if there is any chance to talk to the Microsoft to give the franchise to someone who " gives a damn " then i 'll do that

11 hours ago, viasqi said:

- the reason why i am here is that Bethesda screwed it up and removed RPG from the Fallout  and made it a looter-shooter ... an unbalanced mess , mostly unplayable due to 16x times the detail that doesn't run smoothly by any reasonable standard

- so if there is any chance to talk to the Microsoft to give the franchise to someone who " gives a damn " then i 'll do that

Obsidian needs to get better writers then I will have faith in them if they make another Fallout game. Bethesda made me lose faith in them when they nerfed the **** out of magic in the Elder Scrolls series, made dumbed down stories, and removed all the classic skills and roleplay of Fallout.