Beautiful games

Melusina

Some of games I find pretty:

Kynseed, Ghost of a Tale, Bastion, both Ori and the..., witcher 2&3, neverwinter nights series (despite blocks), Deadfire, Tangledeep, Regalia of Men and Monarchs, Trials of Mana, Minoria, Kingdoms of Amalur (early game)... basically there's more, but some games are ugly to me

what I do not find pretty

Braid, Skyrim without mods, Bloodstained ROTN, Dust (too much old), Noita (too much pixels)

what are games that are pretty to you?

• Like 2

Child of Light is pretty.

Guild Wars 2 has some very pretty areas. Especially the newbie zones are very aesthetically pleasing.

Giana Sisters

Woolfe the Red Hood Diaries

Spellforce 3

Endless Space (2) for the 4X genre.

And Frozen Synapse might not be on anyone else's list, but I find the cold blue so relaxingly chill.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Ok, I'll leave out Dead Space then... it does have some "impressive" locations

Genuinely beautiful games... Guild Wars 2 was already mentioned. A hidden little gem of a game would be Trine (and 2 and 3). Besides being visually beautiful (imho) it is also a fun coop game for up to 3 players.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I like the kids fairy tale art come to life aesthetic of The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

two titles immediate came to mind:

okami

iwd

for a rush job, the production values were exceeding expectations and am admitting we were kinda shocked by just how beautiful were the title. artwork and music were some o' the best in any game we had played up to that point. even today, a couple decades removed from release, iwd remains one o' the more gorgeous games we has ever played. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The Homeworld series:

The Void/Turgor:

• Like 4
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

So games are weird, because I find how game controls and animations to be very much within "beautiful" presentation. So for example Owlboy which looks and animated beautifully but controls like piss doesn't work for me. Same with Cuphead which I liked to took at, but didn't particulalry feel great to control.  As such screenshots don't mean much, as how game moves and responds to imputs is rather important. So:

• Like 1

EVE Online

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Since embedding works again...

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

last visually pleasing game i played.... maybe Darkest Dungeon?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

19 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

With or without rule 34 mods?

you dirty dawg. No even standard is great. Waifuest Dungeon is just a bit better xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

On 6/30/2020 at 7:44 PM, Gizmo said:

Beautiful games...

The Disciples Series. 

Played second one long time ago. Really nice game!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

Played second one long time ago. Really nice game!

Mechanically I'd say it's the best one; visually...as great as it is, I think Disciples 3 exceeds it there.

*There are several expansions for each Disciples game, 1, 2, and 3.

Edited by Gizmo

It might be little bit of nostalgia, but I liked a lot prerendered 3D backgrounds for older jRPGs, like FFIX, or Tales of the Abyss. From newer game, it might be Battlechasers Night War, Dark Souls games in 1080p and Deponia series *shrugs* I also liked the prerendered graphics of Cayne, but that one is also a gore-fest so it somehow defeats the impression 😛 And of course I have sof spot also for both Pillars of Eternity games, Icewind Dale and some of the PS4 Atelier games.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Mega-Race 2.  The entire game had a pre-rendered animated background, with 3D cars, and road debris. This is why if the player got turned around on the track, the game could not render the track in reverse; it used still frames, from fixed perspective until the player was driving in the right direction again. 

Edited by Gizmo